Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall & Oates Olympia 15th July 2014

Options
  • 13-01-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Daryl Hall and John Oates playing the Olympia on Tues 15th July 2014. Tickets on sale this Friday.

http://www.olympia.ie/news/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

rednik wrote: »
    Daryl Hall and John Oates playing the Olympia on Tues 15th July 2014.

I Can't Go For That.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

HOLY S**T!!!
    :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And the price is very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The fact I class this as an insta-buy highlights how much of an old-man square I've become.

I'd say they are a cracking live act.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

And the price is very cheap

Ridiculously cheap in fact.
    Should be a good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

OMG, I focking loves these. Cougar alert that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Saw John Oates in Whelans a couple of years back... He was excellent, this'll be quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Hah I had this stuck in my head since lunchtime!

Would be cool to see the entire Olympia belting out a few of their tunes in fairness. The price makes it very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Wow! This just made my night reading this. Definitely not missing these

"Watch out boy, she'll chew you up"

Roll on July! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    Hah I had this stuck in my head since lunchtime!

Would be cool to see the entire Olympia belting out a few of their tunes in fairness. The price makes it very tempting.

Thats my alarm clock ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Tickets seem to be gone. **** it anyway! :mad:

Are you focking kidding me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Tickets seem to be gone. **** it anyway! :mad:

...You're outta time (time)

Got one from a man on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Just about got 2 circle tickets just after 9, looks like it's selling out fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Just about got 2 circle tickets just after 9, looks like it's selling out fast!

Think it sold out in about 15 mins. Madness

Could of easily done a few nights. White stilettos, Satzenbrau and bad perm jobs on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Think it sold out in about 15 mins. Madness

****. Was on there at 9:30am thinking I'd get a ticket handy enough but sold out already. Man thats a kick in the balls. Hopefully they'll add a few more nights this is one gig I just cant miss, they're meant to be awesome live.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

Is this sold out already??????
    F*CKKKK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I got two standing tickets. I feel bad for people who may have missed out, but I'm also delighted that there is such an interest in seeing them, and that it went so quickly. In fairness, €39 for a standing ticket to an act of their calibre is phenomenally good value.
    Get there early to shout for Beanie G. and the Rose Tattoo.
    :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Did any of ye see John Oates in Whelan's that time, in February 2012

He was very good, he did a real nice bluesy version of Maneater!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Gutted I missed out on tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Did any of ye see John Oates in Whelan's that time, in February 2012

He was very good, he did a real nice bluesy version of Maneater!

Was at that gig Horseburger ! What a great night ! Loved his version of the H & O tune Las Vegas Turnaround and the story about Sara Smile ! Great to see him back ! Daryl played 2 solos shows in the old Midnight At The Olympia circa 95/96 went to both shows superb ! I was lucky enough to see them together in teh States twice and the UK back in 1988 absolutely superb !

Was at that gig Horseburger ! What a great night ! Loved his version of the H & O tune Las Vegas Turnaround and the story about Sara Smile ! Great to see him back ! Daryl played 2 solos shows in the old Midnight At The Olympia circa 95/96 went to both shows superb ! I was lucky enough to see them together in teh States twice and the UK back in 1988 absolutely superb !

Was that Olympia gig the last time Daryl Hall played here?

I'm always struck by how certain bands haven't played here more often.

I just did a search on youtube and while I didn't come across any videos of John Oates from the gig in Whelans, here is a video from The Empire in Belfast, which I think was the night after.

Was that Olympia gig the last time Daryl Hall played here?

I'm always struck by how certain bands haven't played here more often.

I just did a search on youtube and while I didn't come across any videos of John Oates from the gig in Whelans, here is a video from The Empire in Belfast, which I think was the night after.

Hi Horseburger the gigs in the Olympia was the last time Daryl hall played here.

Great video from John Oates ! he has a solo dvd coming out later in the year should be great !

I must keep an eye out for that dvd!

It is strange how rare it is for certain bands to tour over here, like when Tom Petty played in 2012, it was his first time here in 20 years.

I must keep an eye out for that dvd!

It is strange how rare it is for certain bands to tour over here, like when Tom Petty played in 2012, it was his first time here in 20 years.

You are certainly right about the strange touring choice and timescales of bands Horseburger but I think with the likes of Tom Petty, H & O and even Rush a couple of years ago they ask their respective management can they play a gig in Ireland. A lot have played once and then disappear but the bigger bands dont need the money, certainly in the case of Tom Petty and H & O.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

I'm blown away by how fast it sold out. I never would have guessed they would still be so popular to sell out in minutes. I'm guessing that so many of their long-time fans didn't even know they were coming to play a gig in Dublin.

My wife and saw them at a winery in California as part of a summer concert series several years ago and it was no trouble getting tickets. I have to admit it was a stellar performance, even more so because you can pick up a bottle of their wine and have a picnic while lounging on the grass.

Please post if anyone knows they are adding dates or moving to a bigger venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

ScottSF wrote: »
    Please post if anyone knows they are adding dates or moving to a bigger venue.

Ditto. Let us know if that happens. I was pretty shocked at how quickly that gig sold out too. Its amazing really, not one poster up around town, or billboard or even a radio spot and they still sold out.

• Advertisement

Well there's tickets available off various sites, you'll pay double no doubt. I've gotten several tickets outside venues on the night for cost price, so don't give up.

Advertisement