Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall & Oates Olympia 15th July 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

tunguska wrote: »
    Ditto. Let us know if that happens. I was pretty shocked at how quickly that gig sold out too. Its amazing really, not one poster up around town, or billboard or even a radio spot and they still sold out.

I called ticketmaster that morning at about 9.05 - the person I spoke to had no idea about the gig. He told me it wasn't registering on the system....would love to have seen them.

Tp all who have the golden tickets...enjoy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Baze

Can't miss this. Hope they add more dates.

Think they would have had no problem selling out the O2, or at least very close to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

no can do

are they still alive one is 67 the other is 64

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

no can do

are they still alive one is 67 the other is 64

A big fan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Well next Tuesday at the Olympia is rapidly approaching really looking forward to this gig !

John Oates has confirmed that the show will be filmed for a live DVD release, Daryl must have been mighty impressed 20 years
    for them to film the first live appearance by the duo together in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Well next Tuesday at the Olympia is rapidly approaching really looking forward to this gig !

John Oates has confirmed that the show will be filmed for a live DVD release, Daryl must have been mighty impressed 20 years
    for them to film the first live appearance by the duo together in Ireland.

Just saw their gig in London - and wow! They were fantastic! Enjoy all going on Tuesday...you will have a ball! Best show in ages!

Just saw their gig in London - and wow! They were fantastic! Enjoy all going on Tuesday...you will have a ball! Best show in ages!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopreviews/10964056/Hall-and-Oates-Hammersmith-Apollo-review-unrestrained-excellence.html

Could not resist this.....enjoy all! Would love to see them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

How long did the play for Missy. Killer tune to start the set with!

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    How long did the play for Missy. Killer tune to start the set with!

They played for about 1:45. The entire place was hopping and bopping from the minute 'maneater' began. Have a ball!

Awesome, thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi Missy,

Sounds like you had a great night do you know if there was any merchandise on sale ?

Hi Missy,

Sounds like you had a great night do you know if there was any merchandise on sale ?

I didn't see anything on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Just got some tickets on Toutless \o/

Thought we hadn't a hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

amazing gig

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I've been waiting for this gig for a long long time. Put they did not disappoint. My hearing hasn't quite returned yet. Sleeping with this ringing in my ears will not be easy!!!

Would love to be going to another one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Excellent gig!

A lady, after the show, who had managed to get the setlist, allowed me to get a photo of it, and I include it here,

I like that it has Dublin hand written on it, and not typed!:)

(I got a pic of another setlist that someone managed to get and it was the same as this, with Dublin as if handwritten on it and the markings, so I guess each of the set lists onstage were identical, and maybe each one I saw were photocopied from an original, for each of the band members?)

Hopefully they'll be back soon enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Classic stuff. Can't imagine the atmosphere been better, even in the 80s.

I've been at a few things that were made into DVDs and never seen that level of production. There were huge white video monitor / recording trucks, with mixing decks and all sorts of stuff down at the back of the Clarence recording it all. We walked down that way afterwars heading for Zaytoon (where else :)) and all the folks from the trucks were coming out from them high fiving each other, like they had just won the lottery :D

Not surprised at all, as you couldn't ask for a better and more responsive crowd.

How is Daryl 67? Madness and it's not like he's had an easy life. Been battling Lyme disease for a bunch of years now.

Anyway, I hope they come back very soon. Felt like I was in a time machine tonight. Amazing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Killer show, with an enthusiastic crowd that fitted the occasion. In relation to the setlist, someone in the pit shouted for Family Man early on, prompting Daryl to do it. They've not been playing it at all on the current tour and they absolutely nailed it.
    They've tended to slightly change the set around every night, but testament to how great the gig was is the amount of alternate songs they could have done from recent shows (It's a Laugh, Did It In a Minute, Adult Education, Alone Too Long) and yet nobody could feel short-changed.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

There performance was amazing, and as someone mentioned Hall is 67 and Oates is 65. It was fantastic to see them in a small sized venue, band were shít tight. Hopefully they'll return soon, songs really stand the test of time.

My only criticism, I was standing left of the mixing desk, sound was slightly muddled. The drums were really low down in the mix. I wish they were doing it all over again tonight.

Classic stuff. Can't imagine the atmosphere been better, even in the 80s.

I've been at a few things that were made into DVDs and never seen that level of production. There were huge white video monitor / recording trucks, with mixing decks and all sorts of stuff down at the back of the Clarence recording it all. We walked down that way afterwars heading for Zaytoon (where else :)) and all the folks from the trucks were coming out from them high fiving each other, like they had just won the lottery :D

Not surprised at all, as you couldn't ask for a better and more responsive crowd.

How is Daryl 67? Madness and it's not like he's had an easy life. Been battling Lyme disease for a bunch of years now.

Anyway, I hope they come back very soon. Felt like I was in a time machine tonight. Amazing gig.

The filming notice stated that "filming and sound recording is taking place in connection with the production of a television programme (Daryl Hall and John Oates)". Eagle Rock Entertainment are doing it, so that sounds good, they have released many different live dvds and blue rays.

Does this sound like they're doing a documentary?

It'd be great if they released a dvd or blu ray of last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Superb concert - they promised to return to Dublin so fingers crossed !

Still floating after the concert it was superb once the sound was sorted out after the first two songs you could really hear the vocals lead and backing and musicianship shine ! Family Man was a nice surprise highlight of the night for me was Do What You Want spine chilling ! I really cant wait for this dvd ! Great atmosphere in the Olympia hopefully we have made a good lasting impression and they will return as a duo again sooner rather than later.

Just a nice surprise regarding this H & O gig ! On Thursday 19th February the concert recording will be aired in Movies @ Swords at 20:30 Pm ! Cant wait to hear this on the big screen ! Here is an official sample from the gig on you tube !

http://youtu.be/AJYIYpypLvU

Just a nice surprise regarding this H & O gig ! On Thursday 19th February the concert recording will be aired in Movies @ Swords at 20:30 Pm ! Cant wait to hear this on the big screen ! Here is an official sample from the gig on you tube !

http://youtu.be/AJYIYpypLvU

thanks for the update,

I just read that it'll be released on on dvd and blu ray in March:)

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2015/01/15/daryl-hall-john-oates-live-in-dublin-dvd-bluray-cd-details/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Daryl-Hall-and-John-Oates-Live-In-Dublin-Blu-ray/122964/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

This worked very well in the cinema last night, thought they should have had the sound up louder. I like the way that it's shot. A lot of the angles looking out onto the audience from the back of the stage or from the side really give an impression of what the show is like from the artists' perspective.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

A Friday treat for anyone who was at this fantastic gig, amazing Blue Ray quality :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq4pXbhoB3XNURLd29SQlBkNmM/view?invite=COOmy8kG

Advertisement