Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid salary

Options
  • 13-01-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

I left a company (of which I was a director) on good terms over 2.5 years ago - however I was owed over 8,000 euros in unpaid salary due to financial issues in the company. I made several requests to get this money since (friendly with the business owner) but got a letter last week to say that the company is now in voluntary liquidation. I believe as part of the voluntary liquidation process all creditors must be paid within a 12 month period but I'm not sure if I would be classed as a creditor? Should I just seek legal advice? I text the owner and asked if I would be fixed up as part of the liquidation/winding up and he said he "doesn't know" but will talk to the liquidator... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Should I just seek legal advice?
    Yup.

Advertisement