Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food you'd most like to try

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

would love to try fugu and ortolan

ortolan a local delicacy where I'm from (illegal tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

pwurple wrote: »
    Sea urchins... I kinda hate to burst bubbles, but they don't taste of much. We had some on holiday. They look cool alright in the shell, but it is all looks I'm afraid. Doesn't taste of much. Texture is smooth. That's about it.

I'd like to try every cheese. All those different cheeses in the world!

Where did you have sea urchins ? The best way is to eat them after plucking them off the sea bottom, by the sea, with a bottle of white wine open.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

For anyone looking for goat meat(cabrito) you can get it off these folks in Antrim. It's lovely stuff too, tastes like lamb but with a little more earthyness and "goats cheese" kind of flavour to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Jezek wrote: »
    Where did you have sea urchins ? The best way is to eat them after plucking them off the sea bottom, by the sea, with a bottle of white wine open.

I've had them in san francisco, south africa, mauritius and zanzibar. They were from a market in SF and SA, straight out of the sea in the others. People know I'm a foodie who loves to eat the old sea creatures, so they keep giving them to me, and I like them alright. They're not unpleasant or anything. I'd eat more. Just not up there on the yummiest food ever for me. Maybe there are irish ones about that are tastier? I dunno!

Whale, now that is something I still want more of even though I've only had about 100 grams. If everyone else could stop eating it, so that it doesn't go endangered and I can have a teensy tiny bit more, that would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I would like to have goat, it's becoming more popular here so no doubt only a matter of time.

Apparently fugu is not worth the hype or the expense, considered it last year in Japan, decided against. Was offered whale sushi and declined on ethical grounds.
    Going to Kyoto this year where turtle restaurants can be found - not sure I can face that.

I don't like the flavour/texture of duck eggs, they make me shudder when I eat them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Prob not that unusual, Prob not that hard to find either, but I'd love to try goat curry.

Goat curry is gorgeous. Like the best lamb curry you've ever eaten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I've been a veggie for 9 years now and I really regret that I never got into fish beforehand. There's so much that I've never tried that I'm curious about now but will most likely never get the chance to eat. Damn ethical choices :mad:

Advertisement