Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newb: Really inconsistant vapes

Options
  • 13-01-2014 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

hi all

Only started on thursday.....
    im using ego twist and ce4 clearos with the stock 2.4ohm head

my vapes are really inconsistant and its anyones guess
    whether i will get a nice drag or not,
    first is usually good but the second or third is usually nasty
    its really harsh on the throat hit and the mellow flavour is gone
    (is this a dry hit?)

ive been rolling it around to keep the wicks wet
    and trying to take long smooth pulls but still getting nasty hits

any tips? will i get an aspire BDC? cartos?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I think inconsistantcy is something we all live with. I'm using a Jaunty BDC, which is the best clearo I've used so far. Mind you, I've been here before with clearos and I'm having problems at the moment with it firing (going to do a separate thread for that). Don't think you can go wrong with the ego twist. At least you got that part right early on in your vaping venture!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Much depends on the juice's viscosity, the power you vape at, the wick/coil build and that kind of crap.
    Very rarely hear bad things said about Kanger's evods and tons love the protanks too. The aspires can apparently be hit and miss due to bad QA where they're made. Flip of a coin whether your coil-head was made by a dunce or not, but people who get the good heads love the shit out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

jakdublin wrote: »
    I think inconsistantcy is something we all live with. I'm using a Jaunty BDC, which is the best clearo I've used so far. Mind you, I've been here before with clearos and I'm having problems at the moment with it firing (going to do a separate thread for that). Don't think you can go wrong with the ego twist. At least you got that part right early on in your vaping venture!

its horrible but yeah, you do live with it.. it makes you appreciate that couple of days once the setup has bedded in and its a great vape then it wains, then your in denial about having to rewick..

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I would suggest getting a 'kanger evod' or a 'kanger protank mini' clearomiser (they're basically the same thing, the use basically the exact same replacement heads/coils) plus I would also get some cartomisers specifically 'boge low resistance'.

Those kanger clearomisers are the ones I've had the least problems with myself. Those boge cartomisers I've had even less problems with but they have their own cons such as they don't hold as much juice and need to be topped up more often as they are smaller. However you can get a cartomiser tank (only do this after you've gotten used to using the cartomisers on their own) and then your cartomiser tank (or carto tank for short) will hold loads of juice and be basically completely trouble free.

Vaping sucks when you're vaping gear sucks, vaping is awesome when your gear and your juice is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ain't that the truth.

Kanger clearos may not be perfect, but they ate the most consistent.

Now I've got the knack of making my own cotton wicks, I've really fallen in love with them again.

It is very handy only needing the one type of head as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've tried most the CE4 ones at this stage, and they've all been pretty crap. I got my first Kanger T2 today, and so far I'm pretty impressed with it - though it's early days yet. The hit isn't great, but the consistency has been good all day.

I also use a JTank with punched XL carts, but I've gotten a good few dud ones which is annoying. I've tried Boge and Smoktek carts - the latter being a bit more reliable in my experience. When they work, they give me the best vape, but they can be very hit and miss. I've found that letting some juice soak in for a good while can help.

Advertisement