Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

@ * and other symbols not working on laptop keyboard

• 13-01-2014 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi---I have a windows 7 packard bell laptop and the @ * and ( symbols have stopped working.The keys are not stuck as they work without the shift key also pressed i.e I get ' 8 and 9 with out issue.
    I have checked the keyboard settings and that are set for ireland and made sure the sticky keys are not enabled and thats where the rest of the internet seems to run out of ideas.
    If anybody here could help I would be forever appreciative as the screen keyboard is giving me a pain in my hole.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

jpk1976 wrote: »
    Hi---I have a windows 7 packard bell laptop and the @ * and ( symbols have stopped working.The keys are not stuck as they work without the shift key also pressed i.e I get ' 8 and 9 with out issue.
    I have checked the keyboard settings and that are set for ireland and made sure the sticky keys are not enabled and thats where the rest of the internet seems to run out of ideas.
    If anybody here could help I would be forever appreciative as the screen keyboard is giving me a pain in my hole.
    Thanks.

IF you press Shift+2 what does type.

Have you tried changing the Keyboard setting to UK? It might work and fater change back to Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jpk1976

Thanks Nava--I tried that just in case the keyboard had been set up to the american setup but shift + 2 still gives me " .I have tried the UK setting as well but to no avail---any other things i can try to sort it out you can think of would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I dont know what it may be but if you press ALT+64 it will produce the same as Shift-2 :)

ALT-40 produces ( and ALT-42 produces * (I use them alot)

Good luck buddy :)

Advertisement