Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone check this order please

Options
  • 13-01-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Ordered 2 weeks ago, was allowed pick the 7th Jan as install date on website. No joy. Promised call from escalation team last week to get an install date.

No word at all yet when it might be installed. Any updates? Surely a timeframe for the install is not unreasonable after 2 weeks?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]770779 is the order number. [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ordered 2 weeks ago, was allowed pick the 7th Jan as install date on website. No joy. Promised call from escalation team last week to get an install date.

No word at all yet when it might be installed. Any updates? Surely a timeframe for the install is not unreasonable after 2 weeks?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]770779 is the order number. [/font]
    Hi Nonoperational

Can you please PM me your address, landline number and the name in which this order was placed? I cannot find anything associated with the order number you have advised I'm afraid.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

PM sent. This is definitely the correct order number. I copied it directly from an Eircom email. 

Over 2 weeks and not even the courtesy to give me an install time-frame. Was also promised a call from the broadband escalation team last monday, no call received over a week later.

Any update at all?

Just off the phone now and it was sent to the escalation team on Jan 4th, and basically ignored. Nobody knows why. Anyway I still have no install date.

If I don't hear soon I'm cancelling the order, the week after next I'll be working 7am - 9pm all week for a month so won't be around at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

I wouldn't hold your breath - I have been waiting on a call-back from the escalation team regarding an installation since late November. And this despite customer care promising a call-back within 48 hours twice a week since then.

The worst company for customer service, and operationally, I have ever dealt with.

It's really amazing that you have customers offering to sign an 18 month contract and buy their service and they just ignore them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

It's really amazing that you have customers offering to sign an 18 month contract and buy their service and they just ignore them.

Signed an 18-month contract and direct debit on November 4th!

Bump

Bump

Hi Nonoperational

Apologies for the delay, I see that there are issues with your order however I have had to request clarification from the efibre team on what the issue is. I'm awaiting a response from them and as soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

Man, I've been promised a call from the eFibre escalation team since the 3rd Jan. I'm not looking for anything extraordinary just a time-frame on when my broadband will be installed. If you tell me there's a queue then no problem, but I really can't understand why this is so hard. 

I appreciate it's not your fault and thanks for your help, but this is absolutely bizarre. If this is not resolved today or early tomorrow I will be ordering from Vodafone.

Man, I've been promised a call from the eFibre escalation team since the 3rd Jan. I'm not looking for anything extraordinary just a time-frame on when my broadband will be installed. If you tell me there's a queue then no problem, but I really can't understand why this is so hard. 

I appreciate it's not your fault and thanks for your help, but this is absolutely bizarre. If this is not resolved today or early tomorrow I will be ordering from Vodafone.
    Hi Nonoperational

I can appreciate the urgency surrounding this and I do apologise for the delays. I will do all I can to have to have an update as soon as possible.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Thanks. 

Bit of an update... 

Got a call today, apparently the exchange I'm connected to, DGS (douglas) only has "3 eFibre customers and they have really bad speed" and because I'm over 1000m from the exchange then my line is not suitable for eFibre. 

A few things about this... 

1) There is a cabinet around 200m from my house, it's on the map and I've seen it in person. It is DGS - Entrance to Rathmore Lawn. 

2) The eircom line checker says I can get 50Mbit eFibre. 

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I tried asking the person that phoned me, but she hadn't a notion what I was talking about so I left it go. 

Sod it, ordered from Vodafone. Can you make sure everything is cancelled please. 

Bit of an update... 

Got a call today, apparently the exchange I'm connected to, DGS (douglas) only has "3 eFibre customers and they have really bad speed" and because I'm over 1000m from the exchange then my line is not suitable for eFibre. 

A few things about this... 

1) There is a cabinet around 200m from my house, it's on the map and I've seen it in person. It is DGS - Entrance to Rathmore Lawn. 

2) The eircom line checker says I can get 50Mbit eFibre. 

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I tried asking the person that phoned me, but she hadn't a notion what I was talking about so I left it go. 
    Hi Nonoperational

I've have been advised you had received the call and due to the distance from your line to the exchange and distance from the cabinet eircom cannot offer you efibre broadband.

I'm very sorry we could not offer you better news

Al

There's a cabinet 200M from my house... But anyway phoned Vodafone and according to them I can get 50 Mbit and will have it in a week. Lets see what happens. 

There's a cabinet 200M from my house... But anyway phoned Vodafone and according to them I can get 50 Mbit and will have it in a week. Lets see what happens. 
    Hi Nonoperational

Yes I'm aware of this, I'm afraid lines further than 150 metres will find it difficult to be eligable for an upgrade however I wish you the best going forward.

Thanks

Al

Ok thanks. I'll see what happens sur. 

Ok thanks. I'll see what happens sur. 
    Hi Nonoperational

No worries, hope they can give you the speeds, sorry we couldn't help further.

Thanks

Al

Hi Nonoperational

Yes I'm aware of this, I'm afraid lines further than 150 metres will find it difficult to be eligable for an upgrade however I wish you the best going forward.

Thanks

Al

Just as a matter of interest Alan, could you explain why there are many people on eFibre unto 1000M from a cabinet and getting 50Mbit?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88525178#post88525178

Are you really saying that 150M is the distance limit for Eircom's eFibre product?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Hi Nonoperational

Thanks

Al
    This sounds wrong...the limit is 1000 metres expanding to 2km soon so at 1500 metres the speeds would be very variable. I think you are missing a zero there:)

• Advertisement

And I'm only 200m !

And I'm only 200m !
    Hi Nonoperational

This is not possible, I can confirm the information I gave you is correct, maybe they mean 1000 metres from the exchange and not actually the cabinet.

Al

Nah mate. There are many people on FTTC upto 1000M from a cabinet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

Hi Nonoperational

Thanks

Al
    That's bull****. Lots of people get eFiber 200m+ from the cabinet:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056971854

Yep. I wouldn't mind at all if they were honest and it was a capacity issue at the cabinet or something like that. But to talk complete nonsense by saying there is limit of 150M, and the girl on the phone telling me there are only 3 customers in Douglas with eFibre etc, well it is really really bizarre behaviour. 

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

This is very annoying to read and Eircom's own staff should really know what there on about , 

The distance from the exchange is irrelevant as Fibre has been ran from the exchange to the cabinet in the OP's estate ,

From this cabinet to the OP's home is where the distance comes into play as coper will be now delivering the broadband,

Have a look at slide 4 Alan in the link below 

Eircom Info

Slide 5 also makes for good reading 

That's what so frustrating. The Eircom reply is complete nonsense. There is obviously some other reason they won't connect me. As I said, a bit of honesty and I'm happy. 

That's an interesting PDF man, thanks for posting it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

That's what so frustrating. The Eircom reply is complete nonsense. There is obviously some other reason they won't connect me. As I said, a bit of honesty and I'm happy. 

That's an interesting PDF man, thanks for posting it.
    I don't think its a case of honesty , its simply a case that the staff don't know . Eircom jumped into this roll out feet first without having everything properly prepared , A simple bit of staff training on the what's and what not's would benefit not only the staff but all the customers who are being misinformed 

This is very annoying to read and Eircom's own staff should really know what there on about , 

The distance from the exchange is irrelevant as Fibre has been ran from the exchange to the cabinet in the OP's estate ,

From this cabinet to the OP's home is where the distance comes into play as coper will be now delivering the broadband,

Have a look at slide 4 Alan in the link below 

Eircom Info

Slide 5 also makes for good reading 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi pistolpetes11

I'm not saying the distance from the exchange matters for efibre, on the contrary I am trying to say that it does not matter and it's actually the distance from the cabinet that matters.

In my previous post I was referring to people advising that they are getting efibre and they are 1000 metres from the cabinet whereas I was questioning if they meant 1000 metres to the exchange.

Al[/font]

• Advertisement

But I am about 200M to the cabinet, I walked past it this morning! So why can Eircom not supply eFibre to me and Vodafone can?!

Look at the presentation above, VDSL (i.e. FTTC) is a viable option unto 1000m from the Cabinet. Distance to the exchange is irrelevant.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I'd honestly like a valid reason, not a made up one.

Advertisement