Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone check this order please

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

But I am about 200M to the cabinet, I walked past it this morning! So why can Eircom not supply eFibre to me and Vodafone can?!

Look at the presentation above, VDSL (i.e. FTTC) is a viable option unto 1000m from the Cabinet. Distance to the exchange is irrelevant.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Nonoperational

I have advised you that the distance you are from the cabinet is too great for eircom to give you efibre. This position remains.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Earlier post on this thread reads:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]"Hi Nonoperational

Yes I'm aware of this, I'm afraid lines further than 150 metres will find it difficult to be eligible for an upgrade however I wish you the best going forward.

Thanks

Al"[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I'm aware that some people on other this thread have advised you that they are 1000 metres from the cabinet and availing of efibre however our position remains that efibre cannot be delivered further than 150 to 200 from the cabinet.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]
    I have been trying my very best to help you and offer clarification on this however if this still remains unclear I will have no issues with giving you a call to discuss this.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

But I'm 200M from a cabinet. So the official Eircom position is that this is too far?
    Even though an official Eircom presentation given on 24th Feb 2013 states that 50Mbit is available at 600M?

OK, look forget it. It's not your fault and it's a pointless operation going around in circles.

Good luck.

But I'm 200M from a cabinet. So the official Eircom position is that this is too far?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Nonoperational
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]The cabinet (which is 200 metres from your line) is too far for eircom to offer you efibre broadband.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]efibre cannot be delivered further than 150 to (200 in some cases) metres from the cabinet and in your case the 200 metres is too far. [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]There is nothing we can do to offer you efibre.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Yet Vodafone can do it no problem, and there are many many people getting it upto 1000M from Eircom? Please Alan, your embarrassing yourself. 

figure_zps44e7d36b.jpg

Also,

Just now this was posted on the broadband forum...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88567046&postcount=6948

test2_zpsb4c9cd0c.png

Yet Vodafone can do it no problem, and there are many many people getting it upto 1000M from Eircom? Please Alan, your embarrassing yourself.

figure_zps44e7d36b.jpg

Also,

test2_zpsb4c9cd0c.png
    Hi Nonoperational

Thank you for sharing this, it seems you right and I stand corrected. I have been basing the information on information I've been provided with, however I will raise this and have this information corrected for future reference. I'm very sorry for the confusion caused by this incorrect information.

I will also request further information as to why eircom engineers have considered your line to be too far from the cabinet when it's clearly not.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

figure_zps44e7d36b.jpg

Also,

test2_zpsb4c9cd0c.png
    Hi Nonoperational

Thank you for sharing this, it seems you right and I stand corrected. I have been basing the information i have been providing with however I will raise this and have this information corrected for future reference. I'm very sorry for the confusion caused by this incorrect information.

I will also request further information as to why eircom engineers have considered your line to be too far from the cabinet when it's clearly not.

Thanks

Al

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hi Nonoperational

The cabinet (which is 200 metres from your line) is too far for eircom to offer you efibre broadband.

efibre cannot be delivered further than 150 to (200 in some cases) metres from the cabinet and in your case the 200 metres is too far. 

There is nothing we can do to offer you efibre.

Al
    Hi Alan , 

The information here seems very wrong , according to Eircom's own litature eFibre will be available up to 1000M's from the cabinet,

You need to go and speak with one of your networks team as your giving the wrong information here .

If it was the case that it could only supply no further than 200 Mtrs there would be no point in the service as it would not cover most estate's in the country.

They would cover the first road or two into an estate and after that everyone else would be outside of the limit and another cabinet required.

In my case I am 400Mtrs away from the cabinet but can't get there service but a house in my estate which is 500 Mtrs away can.

Hi Nonoperational

The cabinet (which is 200 metres from your line) is too far for eircom to offer you efibre broadband.

efibre cannot be delivered further than 150 to (200 in some cases) metres from the cabinet and in your case the 200 metres is too far. 

Al
    Hi Alan , 

The information here seems very wrong , according to Eircom's own litature eFibre will be available up to 1000M's from the cabinet,

You need to go and speak with one of your networks team as your giving the wrong information here .

If it was the case that it could only supply no further than 200 Mtrs there would be no point in the service as it would cover most estate's in the country.

They would cover the first road or two into an estate and after that everyone else would be outside of the limit and another cabinet required.

In my case I am 400Mtrs away from the cabinet but can't get there service but a house in my estate which is 500 Mtrs away can.
    Hi pistolpetes11

Please see my above recent reply to nonoperational. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused to all involved.

Thanks

Al

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hi Nonoperational

Al
    Hi Alan , 

If it was the case that it could only supply no further than 200 Mtrs there would be no point in the service as it would cover most estate's in the country.

Hi pistolpetes11

Please see my above recent reply to nonoperational. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused to all involved.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan , 

Thats no problem , and well done for taking the time to check up on the information 

PP

Ok man, fair play. Thanks.

There may well be some other reason why Eircom cannot supply it to me and as I said that's fair enough. Maybe my line takes a huge detour or something... but pacing it out it's about 200M from my front gate.

If you find that there is some other reason I'd appreciate if you'd give me a PM just so I know. As for the order, the Eircom one is cancelled and it's with Vodafone now so there's nothing more to do from that side. 

All the best. 

• Advertisement

Hi Nonoperational

Al
    Hi Alan , 

Hi pistolpetes11

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan , 

Thats no problem , and well done for taking the time to check up on the information 

PP

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks pistolpetes11

I appreciate your understanding and do apologise for the unnecessary inconvenience this has caused.

Al[/font]

There may well be some other reason why Eircom cannot supply it to me and as I said that's fair enough. Maybe my line takes a huge detour or something... but pacing it out it's about 200M from my front gate.

If you find that there is some other reason I'd appreciate if you'd give me a PM just so I know. As for the order, the Eircom one is cancelled and it's with Vodafone now so there's nothing more to do from that side. 

All the best. 

All the best.

Thanks Nonoperational

I will definitely raise this to management and actively chase this up for more information. The inconvenience here is totally unnecessary and I do apologise for this.

I will of course PM you any further findings on this.

Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

If I got frustrated reading this thread, I can imagine the OP has a veins protruding from the side of head.

Fibre installed tonight by 2 lads wearing Eircom vests. Jesus lads, ye are a strange bunch. 

3267725958.png

Fibre installed tonight by 2 lads wearing Eircom vests. Jesus lads, ye are a strange bunch. 

3263285065.png
    Hi Nonoperational

Thanks for letting us know. I can agree that this seems very odd and issues like these need to be looked in to. I will certainly send this for feedback to operations. 

Al

Advertisement