Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre

Options
  • 13-01-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi All
    just a few quick questions for you and would be gratefull for an answer if posible.
    i live in a small estate of 12 houses and will be getting efibre i am told in march . i am an I am an Eircom coustomer as is most in the estate.
    1. will eircom customers have to pay for installation
    2. is the unit in the house wireless
    3. will any wiring in the house need to be changed
    4. is it a full tv service
    5. a ball park monthy figure
    And last of all do non Eircom custoumers get the service IF under contract with another provider ?
    Thanks

L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

i lovewine wrote: »
    Hi All
    just a few quick questions for you and would be gratefull for an answer if posible.
    i live in a small estate of 12 houses and will be getting efibre i am told in march . i am an I am an Eircom coustomer as is most in the estate.
    And last of all do non Eircom custoumers get the service IF under contract with another provider ?
    Thanks

L
    Hi ilovewine

I'll just go straight ahead and answer your questions as numbered:

1: Installation is free.
    2: Yes the unit/router can be used wirelessly or using ethernet cable.
    3: There will be changes made to your socket but no other cabling required.
    4: evision is an optional add service and the tv packages and channels can be found here: https://www.eircom.net/tv/?pageversion=full
    5: There are a couple of different package which suit different needs and usage, it's best to discuss prices with sales on 1800500300 however        packages can found here: https://www.eircom.net/broadband/
    6: Only if they leave their current provider to go to eircom (which depending on your provider may incur an early cease fee depend on the contractual agreements a customer has with the provider) customers with another provider cannot avail of eircoms efibre or evision whilst remaining a customer of the other provider.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

i lovewine wrote: »
    Hi All
    Thanks

L
    Hi ilovewine

I'll just go straight ahead and answer your questions as numbered:

1: Installation is free.
    2: Yes the unit/router can be used wirelessly or using ethernet cable.
    3: There will be changes made to your socket but no other cabling required.
    4: evision is an optional add service and the tv packages and channels can be found here: https://www.eircom.net/tv/?pageversion=full
    5: There are a couple of different package which suit different needs and usage, it's best to discuss prices with sales on 1800500300 however        packages can found here: https://www.eircom.net/broadband/
    6: Only if they leave their current provider to go to eircom (which depending on your provider may incur an early cease fee depend on the contractual agreements a customer has with the provider) customers with another provider cannot avail of eircoms efibre or evision whilst remaining a customer of the other provider.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Al
    Thanks for that.

No worries i lovewine

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lylex

Hi I'm living in carlow town in the askea area and currently theres no line connected to the exchange pole but i do have an old eircom socket in the hall but the wire is disconnected  then so what work would need to be done? also theres no plug in the hall so it would need to be wired to another room?

Lylex wrote: »
    Hi I'm living in carlow town in the askea area and currently theres no line connected to the exchange pole but i do have an old eircom socket in the hall but the wire is disconnected  then so what work would need to be done? also theres no plug in the hall so it would need to be wired to another room?
    Hi Lylex

An line installation engineer would call out and fix this up/activate the line for you should you place an order for a line from our sales team. Sales can be contacted on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi Alan, 

I've been told by a guy working for eircom that my town is on the list to be done, but on checking the map on your site, it seems not. 
    I would assume that the map is accurate, and this man is incorrect?

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Hi Alan, 

I've been told by a guy working for eircom that my town is on the list to be done, but on checking the map on your site, it seems not. 
    Hi Al Capwned

What town are you referring to? I'll double check this and get back to you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi Alan, 

Hi Al Capwned

Thanks

Al
    Haha, sorry completely forgot it in the other post - 
    It's Castledermot, in Co. Kildare. 
    Looks like I'm caught between the Carlow and Baltinglass areas!

Thanks, 
    Al.

Hi Alan, 

Hi Al Capwned

Thanks

Al
    Haha, sorry completely forgot it in the other post - 
    It's Castledermot, in Co. Kildare. 
    Looks like I'm caught between the Carlow and Baltinglass areas!

Thanks, 
    Al.

Hi Al Capwned

I've contacted efibre operations and they have informed me that there are no plans to bring efibre to Castledermot at present. I'm not sure why the guy you were talking to you told you otherwise however I would recommend getting back to me in June to check if there any updates on this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Hi - we were told eFibre would be enabled in our area in December but if I check on the webpage it says its not available for our telephone number yet but the map is saying our exchange and entire area is eFibre enabled.
    Can you tell me when we will get an upgrade as we are already Eircom customers and would like to get the TV package
    Our Exchange is Hettyfield in Cork city and the house is next to Pairc Ui Rinn on the [font=arial, sans-serif]Boreenmanna road[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Lylex

Hi Lylex

An line installation engineer would call out and fix this up/activate the line for you should you place an order for a line from our sales team. Sales can be contacted on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks

Al
    do you know how much it would cost for the engineers to fix up a new line?

Hi Lylex

Thanks

Al
    do you know how much it would cost for the engineers to fix up a new line?
    Hi Lylex

Installation is free but a 12 month contract with eircom would apply,

Thanks

Al

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Hi - we were told eFibre would be enabled in our area in December but if I check on the webpage it says its not available for our telephone number yet but the map is saying our exchange and entire area is eFibre enabled.
    Can you tell me when we will get an upgrade as we are already Eircom customers and would like to get the TV package
    Our Exchange is Hettyfield in Cork city and the house is next to Pairc Ui Rinn on the [font=arial, sans-serif]Boreenmanna road[/font]
    Hi Eircom - any update on this?

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Hi Eircom - any update on this?
    2 days no reply????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

Al
    Are you sure the above is entirely correct Alan?. My understanding is that efibre (though not evision) is a wholesale service and is available from other retailers of eircom fixed line services such as Magnet, O2, Vodafone, Digiweb etc.. Surely it would be open to customers of those companies to stay with their existing provider and upgrade to efibre or the branded equivalent?

clohamon wrote: »

Al
    Are you sure the above is entirely correct Alan?. My understanding is that efibre (though not evision) is a wholesale service and is available from other retailers of eircom fixed line services such as Magnet, O2, Vodafone, Digiweb etc.. Surely it would be open to customers of those companies to stay with their existing provider and upgrade to efibre or the branded equivalent?
    Hi clohamon

You are right however I was referring to eircoms efibre broadband, some other service providers can indeed provide fibre broadband.

Thanks

Al

Hi BionicRasher

I've just looked through this thread again and noticed that I have missed your post, apologies for this.

I will look in to this immediately and get back to you very shortly

Al

Hi BionicRasher

I've looked into this in detail and I can confirm that efibre has launched in Boreenmanna road however not all areas/cabinets on this road are efibre enabled.

I can confirm that some cabinets served by the Quaker exchange are efibre enabled however the cabinet serving Boreenmanna road which is attached to the hettyfield exchange is not connected yet.

The efibre roll out team have advised me that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas in this area will continue over the next 12 months however I have also been advised that there is no closer or specific indication of a timeframe on the cabinet serving your line.

I can understand why the efibre map would lead people to believe that efibre is available when you can see your area is shaded green but there is a message beside the efibre coverage map stating :

Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

Thanks

Al

Hi BionicRasher

I've looked into this in detail and I can confirm that efibre has launched in Boreenmanna road however not all areas/cabinets on this road are efibre enabled.

I can confirm that some cabinets served by the Quaker exchange are efibre enabled however the cabinet serving Boreenmanna road which is attached to the hettyfield exchange is not connected yet.

The efibre roll out team have advised me that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas in this area will continue over the next 12 months however I have also been advised that there is no closer or specific indication of a timeframe on the cabinet serving your line.

I can understand why the efibre map would lead people to believe that efibre is available when you can see your area is shaded green but there is a message beside the efibre coverage map stating :

Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

Thanks

Al
    ok thanks - bit frustrating as it looks like work was completed in a cabinet not far from the house but still no eFibre. 

I open a new thread also in the meantime so you can delete or close that one 

Hi BionicRasher

Thanks

Al
    ok thanks - bit frustrating as it looks like work was completed in a cabinet not far from the house but still no eFibre. 

I open a new thread also in the meantime so you can delete or close that one 

Hi BionicRasher

I can understand your feelings on this however I do recommend getting back to me in June and I'll see if there is an update to this information.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi again. Any updates on availability of efibre in Hettyfield exchange ?
    Still waiting for any details almost a year since we were told that if we sign up then we can expect an upgrade and be able to get eVision which is why we signed up in the first place

Advertisement