Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 13-1-14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Crowd just doesn't care about Bray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

a tag match in a cage is the most ridiculous premise in wrestling in a long time, as a previous says, think about it.

the first man escaping is leaving his tag team partner in a 2 on 1 situation :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Fans are easily impressed. A back suplex = a this is awesome chant?

Realised they fcuked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

What an awful burial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Bryan is just brilliant though in fairness, you haven't seen this kind of reaction for anyone in the last 10 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Shows how over he is. The crowd were silent most of the night and look how loud they are now

He's back!

Dead crowd for the entire match.

That ending, crowd goes nuts.

deano546 wrote: »
    What an awful burial

You cant get a bigger admission of fcuking up than that. What was it, two or three weeks? Whatever the original intention was, it failed miserably and they had to go back on it before it hurt them too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

What an ending, bryan has to be nailed on 4 the rumble

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You cant get a bigger admission of fcuking up than that. What was it, two or three weeks? Whatever the original intention was, it failed miserably and they had to go back on it before it hurt them too badly.

WWE will drop an angle if it doesn't work fairly fast to be fair.

Crowd just weren't reacting and NOBODY wanted to see him with the Wyatts.

He's 100 levels above those guys, and i'm not even a Wyatt hater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Great crowd reaction but what little credibility The Wyatts had left is gone now. Thought they would get it to the Rumble and have Bryan throw Wyatt out. Would have let them abort the angle without looking so pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Reminds me of Cena in the Nexus, how long did he last 2/3 weeks? Anyway I'm glad the angle happened just for that ending alone

Chagan wrote: »
    Great crowd reaction but what little credibility The Wyatts had left is gone now. Thought they would get it to the Rumble and have Bryan throw Wyatt out. Would have let them abort the angle without looking so pathetic.

They are as green as hell, only Harper is half way decent in the ring. And the crowd just doesn't react to them.

Too soon to have them as top heels, have them feud further down the card and build some credibility and evolve their characters.

I loved the ending personally.

The Uso's did a solid job too, good rub for them.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Very good ending.

Shiek is happy for Warrior -
    @the_ironsheik
    ultimate warrior you go to hall of game of sucking dick. Go **** yourself forever

langer91 wrote: »
    What an ending, bryan has to be nailed on 4 the rumble

They surely noticed the reaction he got, makes you wonder what they were trying to achieve, or what direction they were goin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Why (after a beating like that), didnt Cena's dad just Hulk up from behind the Barrior and beat Orton up very easily....surely John got that gene from somewhere, it must be from mrs Cena's side of the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

At least they can admit when they mess up. Putting the most over guy since Stone Cold in a mid card heel stable is just straight up one of the dumbest things I've ever seen them do.

That crowd, as already mentioned was so dead. Then he manages to get them to riot level proportions of chanting. If they give him the Royal Rumble win, I think I'd even consider going to WM (If tickets are still available at that point).

Also, love how they do literally the exact same thing with Cena/Orton as they did last time they feuded.

• Advertisement

yes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just strap a rocket to Bryan already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CSF wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan must be so happy with how things are going for him.

[Jericho Voice]
    Would you please... Shut. The. Hell. Up!!! [/Jericho Voice]

Most over character on the roster bar none. Perfectly booked to get his mojo back. Never saw a crowd as involved as they were at the end of that cage match. Stellar stuff.

Omackeral wrote: »
    [Jericho Voice]

Most over character on the roster bar none. Perfectly booked to get his mojo back. Never saw a crowd as involved as they were at the end of that cage match. Stellar stuff.

Lets be realistic. They did not turn Bryan to turn him back two weeks later.

When Daniel Bryan's name is all over ESPN for a day, I think you are kind of forced to turn him back. Wasn't some sort of miracle-move from creative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not saying the Wyatts had anything to do with Bryan's popularity resurge whatsoever. Just to relax and that Daniel is over enough not to be held down and was always gonna re-emerge!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trying to think of anyone who can get that sort of crowd reaction since the Attitude Era.

While it makes the last two weeks utterly pointless, I'm glad they've got Bryan back as the good guy. Was a mistake putting him as a heel, and the crowd reaction at the end should justify why he should be THE top guy right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bryan was always going to turn back and leave the Wyatts. I was expecting it to happen probably at the Royal Rumble, but doing it on Raw makes sense as doing it during the Rumble match would be too restrictive, and the image of Bryan atop the cage is huge.

But yeah, not a chance he was originally supposed to stay with them indefinitely. Reminded me of HBK being in JBL's employ. Take a popular star, have them become somewhat subservient to a heel against their will, then have them turn back a few weeks later to a huge pop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also, is this the start of our once every two years "Push Kofi" angle? How long do we reckon it will last? Three weeks? Four?

Also, is this the start of our once every two years "Push Kofi" angle? How long do we reckon it will last? Three weeks? Four?

On that, he got the win, but he basically couldn't have looked much weaker during the match.

i haven't had goosepumps watching Raw in a while.

just goes to show as well, people blame the crowd far too often for not creating an atmosphere. the crowd was dead last night, until they were given a reason to care.

Bryan has that innate quality that you cannot manufacture, and blatantly can't hold down, no matter how hard you try. people want to root for him, no matter what.

Lesnar. Bryan. maybe Cena. they're the only ones whereby the feeling changes when they come into the arena/onto your screen. they are THE top guys...well should be anyway.

again, you can't teach that.

WWE need to harness what Bryan has and simply jump aboard the gravy train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

rovert wrote: »
    yes.gif

Class gif, he must be the most over guy in a long time.

Can't help noticing the guy in the yellow top and red pants at the top of the gif though, he seems to be struggling to keep up with everyone elses pace :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Anyone else notice how Reigns looks to be in pain after doing his spear?
    I'm seriously worried that long-term he could suffer the same fate as Edge.

also, Reigns is going to be huge if they handle him right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

The last 5 minutes of Raw. Just wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The 2 most spectacular visuals of the year have involved Bryan - last night, and the one where the locker room hoisted him up at the end of a raw in September. Incredible stuff.

Even as a huge fan of his for years upon years, I never thought he would be a mega star. He is knocking on that door right now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone else notice how Reigns looks to be in pain after doing his spear?
    I'm seriously worried that long-term he could suffer the same fate as Edge.

I thought he hurt himself trying to catch Punk on the outside earlier in the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gimmick wrote: »
    The 2 most spectacular visuals of the year have involved Bryan - last night, and the one where the locker room hoisted him up at the end of a raw in September. Incredible stuff.

Even as a huge fan of his for years upon years, I never thought he would be a mega star. He is knocking on that door right now.

It just goes to show that no matter how creative push people, talent and the fans will get you over above all else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Omackeral wrote: »
    [Jericho Voice]

You're way off the mark here. It was BECAUSE Daniel Bryan is the most over character on the roster that they turned around his ****ty booking. Daniel Bryan could make a pile of diarrhoea look like a gourmet meal but that is no reason to make him constantly deal with ****.

Delighted for him that this may be the beginnings of a proper push for him. But don't think for a minute that this is how that storyline was meant to pan out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy to see Bryan back but overall was disappointed because I thought it would be the start of the Emmalution.

CSF wrote: »
    You're way off the mark here. It was BECAUSE Daniel Bryan is the most over character on the roster that they turned around his ****ty booking. Daniel Bryan could make a pile of diarrhoea look like a gourmet meal but that is no reason to make him constantly deal with ****.

Delighted for him that this may be the beginnings of a proper push for him. But don't think for a minute that this is how that storyline was meant to pan out.

I think it was but maybe at the Royal Rumble.

It was the correct decision to pull the trigger on it now though.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I think it was but maybe at the Royal Rumble.

It was the correct decision to pull the trigger on it now though.
    Seems like a bad idea to implement the idea if they had only ever planned to do it for a few weeks though.

I agree with you that they had to pull the trigger though regardless of what they'd planned. The man is a steam train, and I hope they tie up the loose ends with Bray quickly so he can become a real contender on the road to Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The end of Raw gave me serious goosebumps!! I haven't had goosebumps like that in years watching wresting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daniel Bryan winning the rumble and headlining WM is what is best for business, WM crowd doing the yes chant would be f*cking awesome

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan winning the rumble and headlining WM is what is best for business, WM crowd doing the yes chant would be f*cking awesome

Imagine the crowd on the raw after WM if Daniel Bryan is champ!

Agreed, and I genuinely think they've created enough doubt now to do it and still make it the greatest thing ever.

I know this obviously isn't actually the case (but oh how I wish it was), but how genius would it be if Vince had actually been booking Bryan so **** knowing people would get behind him even more leading to the Wrestlemania payoff which would be bigger for the fans than anything even Stone Cold had done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

gimmick wrote: »

I would also add when Bryan took out all 3 members of The Shield on Smackdown for the first time. Not only could it be seen as one of the key moments of the beginning of his push, but it was also one of the few times in recent memory that they didn't need to put in the fake crowd noise on Smackdown :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ah come on now Liz whats best for biz-i-ness is another flop of a storyline with HHH's thumbprints all over it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ah come on now Liz whats best for biz-i-ness is another flop of a storyline with HHH's thumbprints all over it.

You know it!

HHH.gif

Can honestly say that is my favourite gif ever.

Feared they wrote out Zeb last night but it doesn't seem the cause:

2lu832c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not easy to forget Renee. Though Cesaro looked like he was finding the whole thing amusing trying not to smile.

Meant to say, I noticed the WWF logo blurred during the Warrior package. Thought it would be unblurred this close to the Network launch which they may have mentioned last night.

• Advertisement

Bryan reportedly suffered a concussion last night

Advertisement