Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company Fees

Options
  • 13-01-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Article Of Association mentions 1 July as date subscription needs to be paid before. However Managing agent :rolleyes: is now sending reminders before Chrismas, do they not need to change the article of association to harass people early ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Maybe they are just giving people adequate time to prepare for next years fees?

Assuming you are a leaseholder then you have control over how the agent acts. If you (as in the management company as a whole) dont like the reminders that early then tell them to back off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Reminders about this year's fees, or last years?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

MonkeyTree wrote: »
    Article Of Association mentions 1 July as date subscription needs to be paid before. However Managing agent :rolleyes: is now sending reminders before Chrismas, do they not need to change the article of association to harass people early ?

What does your Lease Contract say about payment of fees? Has the company changed it's company year?

What was said at the last AGM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MonkeyTree

A couple of years back I paid fees in full immediately when requested ( as I normally do). Two months later I received invoice for the next year. We are now invoiced in Dec and receive final reminders in January, I know this as I got one despite having paid my fees in full.

The topic of AGMs is a sticky one, they are scheduled during working hours (despite protests) with no proposed budget circulated and many of the notices for AGM sent to wrong addresses, only one person was present and at the AGM and AGM continuation (director who works close to agent's premises) used article of association clause that one person is the 'quorum'. No minutes circulated. I have no problem paying fees, and usually pay early. But I have no transparency of anything, the block is not managed well.

A couple of years back two of the agent's employees assigned themselves as directors of Mgt Company (conflict of interest perhaps). They then began invoicing early and this pattern has remained.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Perhaps its time that the rest of the leaseholders in the complex got together and started making moves to sort out these issues? Im no expert in management companies, but the way that this one is being run sounds extremely dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MonkeyTree

It is a small block about 10 units, county council own half the properties and pay fees without question nor attending AGM (tax payers money:mad:) - this is really unhelpful as this only adds to the injustice. Fees are higher than they were in the boom. Other shareholders are behind with payments so they feel they can not voice their opinions. I feel I am paying fees early to service other members' debt. I guess there must be others out there in similar situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Who are the directors? Are they owners?

Advertisement