If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG NB 3530a 300 watt sound bar?

Options
  • 13-01-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering If ye have the LG NB3530a sound bar in stock and if so would ye recommend it?

I'd be looking for it to be shipped to mayo if possible.

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Alpha, thanks for the post.

Unfortunately this particular bar is currently an in-store only product.

To be honest, I'm not that keen on the sound of the LG 3530 compared to others. The NB4530 is a great soundbar but the 3530 is not terribly good when it comes to clarity. It does have decent bass but the likes of the Cambridge Minx which is priced at £199.95 is a much superior product for very little additional expense.

It's much better vocally and has the subwoofer built-in. It's also bluetooth and sounds great with music.

Here is the review from What Hifi.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/minx-tv

Delivery of the Cambridge would be £12.99.

I hope that helps but let us know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Was interested in the LG as it is 300 watt output. The Cambridge is only 100 watt. Would this make a big difference in terms of performance?

I would be inclined to go with the Cambridge based on your recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Alpha, the power output from some the manufacturers are mis-leading.

The 300 watts on the LG is rated at 300 watts. It doesn't provide any information as to how this figure is derived.

It could be 300 watts peak power which is different to continuous and it will include the power of the subwoofer which is likely rated at 140 watts (again unsure of how it's rated

Most people require around 20-30 watts per channel to provide a good listening volume for music and slightly less for TV.

The Cambridge is more than powerful enough to do the job that it needs to and the 300 watts that the LG suggests, is not at all necessary, even if it is rated correctly. 

We have both on demo and I can hand on heart say that the LG does not sound 3 times louder than the Cambridge.

Hope that helps, but certainly in terms of sound quality and performance, the Cambridge has it every day of the week.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

That's grand, I'll go with the Cambridge set.

Shall I pm you the details?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

That's grand, I'll go with the Cambridge set.

Shall I pm you the details?
    Alpha,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I've been out of the office for the last few days, hence the delay - I'd also really recommend the Minx TV - it sounds excellent and at just £199.95 is the best sounding plint you can get for the spends by a country mile - of course the other advantage over the traditonal soundbar is that you just pop your TV on top of it, so there is no install required..

Thanks again and yep, if you would like to order please just pop us your contact details by email to sales@richersounds.ie or of course via PM,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.