Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Renovations - south Galway

Options
  • 13-01-2014 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Boarders, new to posting in these forums although been a follower for some time now. We are completing the purchase of a house in south Galway and need to do some renovations, therefore looking for recommendations (in private message please) regarding tradesmen /craftspersons to do tiling, laying floors/carpentry also painting, anywhere in the Loughrea/Craughwell/Athenry area or anywhere within travelling distance of these towns.
    Any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wind In The Willows

Hi Boarders, new to posting in these forums although been a follower for some time now. We are completing the purchase of a house in south Galway and need to do some renovations, therefore looking for recommendations (in private message please) regarding tradesmen /craftspersons to do tiling, laying floors/carpentry also painting, anywhere in the Loughrea/Craughwell/Athenry area or anywhere within travelling distance of these towns.
    Any advice greatly appreciated

No replies - private or otherwise re tiling, carpentry or floor laying recommends around Loughrea /Craughwell / Athenry area ?? Full employment there or all emigrated ? What's the story folks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

It can be hard to find decent trades men in Galway I was looking for a plumber last year rang all the local lads around here none of them even bothered to call back it was a big enough job 2 or 3 days work for a plumber had to get a polish lad he arrived done the job in 2 days 600 euro was the agreed price i was happy job well done and cleaned up after him. I am thinking its kind of lack of trust if you are new in the area and you did not go to school with our jonny well than i wont do work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jutter_110

p.m. sent

Advertisement