Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT social life

Options
  • 13-01-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi I know little about DIT but I hear you have no campus? Like it's all spread around the city.

Does this mean the social life is inferior to that of UCD/DCU?

I'd imagine as a result you're in contact with less students and so on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 nine9nine

Jaysus you must all be extremely bitter or in denial..

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

nine9nine wrote: »
    Hi I know little about DIT but I hear you have no campus? Like it's all spread around the city.

It's really what you make out of it, If you want to party and you are an outgoing person you wont be bored. If you are shy and all of that, you will more likely end up going home straight after college. I have asked exactly the same question last year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81984950

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Really what you make of it...

There's always events with the SU on, nights out/trips/events happening in the individual DIT campuses. For example, this week the SU were selling wristbands for 2 euro entry into about 12-15 clubs!

You have Clubs and Societies, there's loads of them! They have their own individual nights out and trips away too. Also, you get to know people from other campuses too! :)

You also have your own class nights out...

In fairness, it probably does sound a little biased seeing as I go to college here.. But it does have a great nightlife/social life. All campuses are in the city so it's easy to reach. The people in the SU are great for creating nights and events.

I'd recommend going here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

your in the middle of the biggest city in ireland & most likely more centralized than the 2 unis u mentioned, if you have a **** social life it aint the college's fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Or tired of answering this question :P

Social life is by no means inferior. All events are located in city centre, near various hostels/friend's apartments/bus or train routes, making it much easier to attend such events.

The only difficulty compared to other colleges is for clubs and socs, as they are usually based in one or two campuses that may not be convenient to you. However, getting from DIT Mountjoy Sq to DIT Rathmines (basically the largest distance between campuses) is a half-hour walk max, so if you like the club/soc it shouldn't really be an issue :P

You may not pass as many students in the halls on a daily basis, but you'll personally know a lot more students in DIT as a result of its locations, that's my experience anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement