Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Recording Machine

Options
  • 13-01-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

My brother was installing a new CCTV setup in his shop to replace his old setup and gave me his old Digital Recording Machine.

I dismantled it to find 2 seagate 250Gb HD's, hoping I can format and use to store music. Before i took it apart i was able to access the HDs through the DRM. But when i attached them to my Caddy, it detects the HDs but refuses to access them. I'm at a loss as to why?

i'm thinking could there could be some sort of security software installed on the HDs by the DRM, and this is stopping the HDs from opening on a PC. Would I be right in this, or is there something else I'm overlooking.

Comments

Advertisement