Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still no email since Wednesday. Eircom impossible to contact!

Options
  • 13-01-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I know it is now after response times on the forum. But i need to vent my annoyance at what just happened.

Since I didn't get a reply to the PM here before 5pm, i decided to try and contact directly on the website. After finally finding the support page  that actually has contact information  I clicked on the 'web chat icon'. More waiting and i get through to somebody. I put forward my issue and am asked for information about my order. Waiting again and i finally get told that i should contact sales directly by phone.

So i do that. I am put on hold for about 12 minutes and instead of an answer my call is ended. I can only assume now that it's out of hours? Even though the agent told me to ring sales at that time and there is no hours for the number on the site http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/products/ . Further attempts were not fruitful.

Still no email about my broadband that i ordered either by the way. This is extremely annoying to say the least. I'm trying to get my broadband sorted which i need for work and i cannot even get through to Eircom? I'm busy working until at the earliest 4 each day, often later, which is probably the same for most people.  How are we supposed to be making contact? Especially if it takes hours to actually get some information and by that time support is out of hours.

Honestly even if my broadband can be installed this week I would still want to cancel my order. If this is the kind of support i'll be getting if i ever have a problem with my broadband in the future.... I can go without the headache. Contacting a service provider should be easy and quick, it shouldn't be as time consuming and take as long as this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eoin247 wrote: »
    I know it is now after response times on the forum. But i need to vent my annoyance at what just happened.

Since I didn't get a reply to the PM here before 5pm, i decided to try and contact directly on the website. After finally finding the support page  that actually has contact information  I clicked on the 'web chat icon'. More waiting and i get through to somebody. I put forward my issue and am asked for information about my order. Waiting again and i finally get told that i should contact sales directly by phone.

So i do that. I am put on hold for about 12 minutes and instead of an answer my call is ended. I can only assume now that it's out of hours? Even though the agent told me to ring sales at that time and there is no hours for the number on the site http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/products/ . Further attempts were not fruitful.

Still no email about my broadband that i ordered either by the way. This is extremely annoying to say the least. I'm trying to get my broadband sorted which i need for work and i cannot even get through to Eircom? I'm busy working until at the earliest 4 each day, often later, which is probably the same for most people.  How are we supposed to be making contact? Especially if it takes hours to actually get some information and by that time support is out of hours.

Honestly even if my broadband can be installed this week I would still want to cancel my order. If this is the kind of support i'll be getting if i ever have a problem with my broadband in the future.... I can go without the headache. Contacting a service provider should be easy and quick, it shouldn't be as time consuming and take as long as this.
    Hi Eoin247

I'm very sorry to hear this, feel free to PM me your account details and query and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I really feel like smashing my head off the keyboard in frustration right now. In the post you just quoted I clearly linked and referenced a thread from yesterday ,where you replied and where I clearly stated that I sent a PM to you with what you had asked yesterday!. I sent another PM earlier today anyway. It confirms though that customer service at eircom never did read any of my messages properly (be it posts, a PM, eircom site web chat, or even voice over the phone).

I'm going to tell you now about my experience today, where i yet again spent hours trying to get this thing sorted. I called sales on 1800503303, and after waiting on hold got through to a rep who apparently couldn't hear me and hung up. I tried again, waited on hold, and this time i finally got through to someone who i could actually talk to.

After about ten minutes trying to figure out what was wrong with my account he told me to wait a few minutes and put me on hold. I waited on hold for over 20 minutes and when a rep finally picked up my phone It was a different person who had no idea who i was or what my problem was and thought i was ringing for the first time. I tried explaining that i was already talking to a guy and was put on hold, but nothing. I had to start from scratch again with her and just told her straight out this time that i was fed up with this mess and just wanted to cancel my order and not have my account billed. I asked if she could guarantee that i wont be billed and that this order was definitely cancelled. The response I got was fairly funny and just goes to show what kind of communication the customer support has with the other departments. She tells me she can't find out for sure if the order is cancelled, and to call them if the technician shows up at my place sometime in the future. She then goes on to try and sell me a 'great eircom package' as if the headache of the last week hadn't happened.

I've dealt with some pretty bad customer service over the last few years. Eircom hand down takes the crown. Hours of time pointlessly wasted trying to make contact and my work is now going to suffer as I have to spend even more time this new year without internet.

Advertisement