Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 1 Reports

Options
  • 13-01-2014 8:05pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Colts(De Sean Jackson) @ Titans
    Titans receive and then throw an int..

I look to stop for a FG but a nice move gets the TD
    On the first play, Hunter blows by the CB and gets an 80 yard TD
    Then Verner picks off a pass
    Hunter then takes a catch and his agility gets him a short TD

Griffin then drops what should be the easiest pick of the week
    B
    Colts punt, i make ahorrendous mistake a throw a pass straight to a DB but.. Morgan gets a sack and a FF, he then picks it up and runs it back for a TD

Dunta robinson then picks off a pass, Johnson then weaves into the endzone

7-28 @ the end of the first Q and the colts power over a minute later
    Good Titans drive gets Johnson a TD, Colts punt with 1:25 in the half.
    C2J takes a screen play 60 odd yards with 35 seconds in the half

I go too aggressive with my D calling and its a 70 odd yard De Sean TD

21-42 @ HT Colts to receive, Williams drops a pass right at him but MCCourty then picks off a pass and takes it back for 6, Titans then force a fumble but Colts recover and punt

Ridiculous catch by washington, Then a walker TD

21-55

Colts move it down field but Brown picks off a pass, FG Titans

Then we get disconnected, **** sake EA probably my best performance against the Colts :mad:

Rock is going to let me play the CPU,what a serious pain!!

Unlucky rock, i think with the pick on the 2nd throw i thought i was in for a beating but luck deserted Luck today and i got the breaks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah everything went down, Andrew Luck went into meltdown, The Colts D just fell down, EA, my Internet and now my Phone Line has gone.

Playing catch up now in the toughest division in the league is not good but its what we gotta do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've just got disconnected again up 10-7 after a dominant D performance again (2 ints and a fumble)

I've just got disconnected again up 10-7 after a dominant D performance again (2 ints and a fumble)

Just let it sim ;-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ridiculous game, the I had 5 penalties, 3 for encroachment on the guy I user, he wasn't even on the line and 2 opi's on hunter that ruled out TDs

Titans win 42-35, locker gets 5tds and 2 ints, Johnson gets 108 yards and a TD, mariani with 2 TDs, walker hunter and money with 1 each. In the first game Jackson had no catches, in this game he has 108 yards and 2 TDs,

Both teams get 2 sacks, Verner gets 2 ints and Robinson gets 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

Got disconnected from Dan and the Panthers with 3ish minutes to go in the 4th.

He was two scores ahead, and had the ball on my one yard line. I've gone on autopilot so he can play the cpu.

• Advertisement

yeah its not been a good day for the EA servers tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭rugbydan92

Panthers giants I was up 14-7 in the 4th with about 4 remaining 2nd and goal on the giants goaline servers kicked us daft dave let me play cpu finished 27-24 panthers newton with 164 yards 3tds 1int

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Managed to scrape a win against the CPU Steelers. Really struggled on defense, couldn't stop them at all, doesn't bode well for playing real teams.

I only won due to a couple of late INT's from big ben.

AJ Green is a beast though, very tough to play against, think he had 3 TD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Texans play buccs!

Texans play buccs away and the threat of revis is heavy on my heart!

Can't quite remember how the scoring went but I went into the half 3 points up which was great because the buccs were getting the ball back

I think I was ahead for most of 2nd half between 3-10 points but the big moment came late in the 4th were I pass on 3rd down and it goes incompete with only 3 points ahead! Buccs drive down the field and come 4th and inches on the goal line and decide to go for it instead of the kick! I brought zone blitz and controlled Cushing to the line and tried to get to Doug Martin! Magically he gets across and stops Doug leaving me to kneel it out! It was a great game, were Adrian foster played a stormer for me!

Matt schuab: QB rating - 158.3 , 2TDS, 200yards, 13/16 passes

Josh freeman: QB rating- 124.4, 1TD, 20/25 passes

Adrian foster 173 yards rushing and 1 TD

Doug Martin 95 yards rushing and 3 TD

Great game mate and good chat!

P.s the defenses do seem bit stronger this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Far too tired to write a report but the Saints beat the Falcons 41-28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Paully D wrote: »
    Far too tired to write a report but the Saints Sproles beat the Falcons 41-28.

He was actually unstoppable. Didn't really help that my controller is on the blink but even so, almost 300yds rushing. He just makes people miss with ease

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Packers throw away a big lead in St.Louis to lose 41-38. A 0-20 point last quarter mauling sees the Rams through.

GB 14/10/14/0
    Rams 7/14/0/20

Three picks from Rodgers including a pick six from the rams 30 when leading by 17 and playing well cost the pack men big time. Lacy out with a broken thumb in the third didn't help. Could not stop Bradford through the air even if I picked him three times. Went all clutch at the end to Quick. All tied up with a minute to go I went for a couple of long ones that blew it for me.

Bad start after looking like I was gonna win this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lots of people seem to be having trouble with the CPU in week 1! Is that because of the sliders?

I hope the Jags are still as crap as last season, play them next.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Lots of people seem to be having trouble with the CPU in week 1! Is that because of the sliders?

Yeah, changes have been made, should make the game a little more thinking mans game rather than just run and bowl over every player

Yeah, changes have been made, should make the game a little more thinking mans game rather than just run and bowl over every player

I'm ****ed so

Could you tell me what the sliders are changed to? I'd like to change mine and have some practice

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Good to here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

AFAIK you can see Sliders under the Franchise League Settings.

I'm ****ed so

Yeah same here, Think i'll set myself on Auto so, and come back for the playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Patriots beat the Browns 45-42.

It was a game in which both teams had a lot of rust to shake off. A bit of lag made it a hard time as well.

i think there was one sack all game but both defences came away with a pick or two.

key moments in the game was a pick in the final 2 minutes by a patriots CB that would lead to a 37 yard field goal and the go-ahead score.

Good game paddy that makes us 1-1 and the beginning of a rivalry!!

Yeah sliders are u see league settings, everyone can see them

Couple of things, I lost my game because I threw it away. Running is a bit harder but losing Lacy made it hard to get first downs so I had to throw. I really should never have lost but when I had to make one last stop I couldn't. I broke Brian Quick at the end for four weeks to give me some slight feeling of joy.

My season is over regarding playoffs, Lacy is out for four weeks and my schedule is tough looking. Gonna be a long season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Had a cracking game against Perrin and his Champion Chiefs. There was some defence on show and Jamal Charles was held under 100 yards although he did score 2 TDs.

Jets led from the first play an 80 yard TD run up the middle through a load of missed tackles and led by 10 at one stage. However good defence by Perrin combined with bad decisions by me swung the game the way of the Chiefs. Geno threw 3 picks, two were poor decisions, one was a wrong button press and another wrong button press should have been a 4th.

Chiefs were excellent on offence, Kenny Britt had a great game capped off by a TD throw by Vick who had come on for the injured Smith. Holmes and Carrier caught TD passes for NY.

Chiefs held the Jets scoreless in the second half as they got on top and eventually were able to kneel it out for a deserved 27-21 victory.

Plus we had a really great chat before during and after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

madalig12 wrote: »
    Couple of things, I lost my game because I threw it away. Running is a bit harder but losing Lacy made it hard to get first downs so I had to throw. I really should never have lost but when I had to make one last stop I couldn't. I broke Brian Quick at the end for four weeks to give me some slight feeling of joy.

My season is over regarding playoffs, Lacy is out for four weeks and my schedule is tough looking. Gonna be a long season now.
    :D Its after week 1!!!

Raoul wrote: »

I've Perrin next who just beat Berty. It's OVER I tell you!

Raoul wrote: »

And you have Rodgers, Cobb, Finley, BJ Raji, AJ Hawk.. need i go on?

I have Akeem Ayers...who.. yes exactly!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Good to hear changes are being made to help improve the game but what I will say should their not have been some discussion among the players as to what they should be(although I imagine everyone would be saying something along the same lines,run blocking,pass coverage,kickoffs etc etc) or at least some announcement on the planned changes before the start of the season(although there may have been).
    Anyway hopefully the changes improves things.(not be able to kick the ball dead with someone like Tucker irriated the crap outta me lol)
    Berty44 wrote: »
    Had a cracking game against Perrin and his Champion Chiefs. There was some defence on show and Jamal Charles was held under 100 yards although he did score 2 TDs.

Jets led from the first play an 80 yard TD run up the middle through a load of missed tackles and led by 10 at one stage. However good defence by Perrin combined with bad decisions by me swung the game the way of the Chiefs. Geno threw 3 picks, two were poor decisions, one was a wrong button press and another wrong button press should have been a 4th.

Chiefs were excellent on offence, Kenny Britt had a great game capped off by a TD throw by Vick who had come on for the injured Smith. Holmes and Carrier caught TD passes for NY.

Chiefs held the Jets scoreless in the second half as they got on top and eventually were able to kneel it out for a deserved 27-21 victory.

Plus we had a really great chat before during and after the game.
    GG Berty,good defensive struggle for parts too,you're defense is really strong and one of the best run defense's I've seen.
    I thought when you went 14-0 nil up in the 1st quarter it was already game over,Charles was getting nothing on the ground and Smith was under constant pressure,I was coming outta the pocket the whole time with him due to pressure and no1 getting open and he was getting nailed,twas only a matter of time before he got injured.
    Vick was good when he came on though,threw Charles on pass protection alot in the 2nd half to help him out(don't think he took a sack after Smith had taken 3 in the first).
    Also I got the luck with the picks,like you said you hit the wrong buttons at the wrong time.
    Best of luck with the rest of the season.

(on side note MLB Johnson made a terrific pick near the end of the game,he doesn't want to leave!!!)

madalig12 wrote: »
    I've Perrin next who just beat Berty. It's OVER I tell you!

Having toyed around with the sliders offline for a bit. Just a pointer, you set some of the cpu defensive settings higher, which is good because it was too easy. Shouldnt you also have set it for players too? Might stop the ridiculous high scoring games.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Good to hear changes are being made to help improve the game but what I will say should their not have been some discussion among the players as to what they should be(although I imagine everyone would be saying something along the same lines,run blocking,pass coverage,kickoffs etc etc) or at least some announcement on the planned changes before the start of the season(although there may have been).
    Anyway hopefully the changes improves things.(not be able to kick the ball dead with someone like Tucker irriated the crap outta me lol)

the changes were based on the Pro franchise on the PFL, there are lads there that spent a large bit of time tweaking sliders, play game, rinse and repeat and they found the slider changes to suit, we copied them pretty much identically.

Kick off power is increased, so with a good kicker and no wind you'll either clear the endzone or get it close and that means the player needs to cover more ground on the return, defensive alertness (cant remember the name) has been increased so that DBs are not standing there watching a WR making a catch

Ultimately the aim is to smarten up the game and make people think about their plays instead of running a lot of similar runs, passes, screens etc, D should be helped but it still requires manual intervention, if you pick a s**t defensive formation the sliders aint gonna help that!

Having toyed around with the sliders offline for a bit. Just a pointer, you set some of the cpu defensive settings higher, which is good because it was too easy. Shouldnt you also have set it for players too? Might stop the ridiculous high scoring games.

What do you mean? The CPU controls the defense as you can control every player at once. In general high scoring human/human games are not an issue, its the high scoring CPU games that are.

Advertisement