Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 1 Reports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I was confused over wether CPU sliders affect CPU teams or all players bar the one being controlled by the user. I'll bow to your superior knowledge :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I was confused over wether CPU sliders affect CPU teams or all players bar the one being controlled by the user. I'll bow to your superior knowledge :)

:p

bow-down.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Theres been to much tweaking for my liking, i had no idea how to defend last season and now with these changes, im well and truely screwed.

I hope ask madden knows what to do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Theres been to much tweaking for my liking, i had no idea how to defend last season and now with these changes, im well and truely screwed.

I hope ask madden knows what to do.

the changes made, are designed to power up the D Rock, run blocking, pass blocking etc have been made less effective so you should get greater pressure on the QB, this in turn should lead to more sacks and more off target throws as the player frantically slings the ball out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

the changes were based on the Pro franchise on the PFL, there are lads there that spent a large bit of time tweaking sliders, play game, rinse and repeat and they found the slider changes to suit, we copied them pretty much identically.

Kick off power is increased, so with a good kicker and no wind you'll either clear the endzone or get it close and that means the player needs to cover more ground on the return, defensive alertness (cant remember the name) has been increased so that DBs are not standing there watching a WR making a catch

Ultimately the aim is to smarten up the game and make people think about their plays instead of running a lot of similar runs, passes, screens etc, D should be helped but it still requires manual intervention, if you pick a s**t defensive formation the sliders aint gonna help that!

What do you mean? The CPU controls the defense as you can control every player at once. In general high scoring human/human games are not an issue, its the high scoring CPU games that are.
    Ya I knew they were taken from there,I had an eye on the thread on it and the vote(also keeping an eye on thread about whether the changes have made any difference too),I did presume you were changing them as I think I remember you asking one of the guys where to see the pro franchise settings but my point was that maybe a heads up should have been given to the league here that sliders were being altered and what they would be(obviously ppl could just go to the settings to see that).
    Anyway it doesn't matter anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

the changes made, are designed to power up the D Rock, run blocking, pass blocking etc have been made less effective so you should get greater pressure on the QB, this in turn should lead to more sacks and more off target throws as the player frantically slings the ball out!

as was proven in our game.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭rugbydan92

just a heads up on the pass d slider thst works in reverse. you guys have it at 75 you should flip it to 25 and see what you think

Wait, so lowering the pass d slider makes the defense better? That cant be right surely?

in fact i use an offline slider set that makes the cpu a real challenge if any one wants to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Interceptions are already too easy in this game, IMO.

If we're negating the run, AND then reducing a pass game that's going to be a lot less effective and accurate anyway, we could see a shedload of picks now.

• Advertisement

knex the cpu interception slider should not be higher than 35.

I dont agree that there is too many, I didn't throw many last season and I generally throw a shed load.

I've opened a real can of worms with my sliders question, apologies!

rugbydan92 wrote: »
    knex the cpu interception slider should not be higher than 35.

Have no idea about that. I only ever play online.

Played about 10 games in last year's Franchise, 3 of which I think were CPU, and have played 30+ games Head to Head online.

Pretty much it, really.

yep pudsy i know a slider maker on the OSforums been using his for years.

My experience of Madden is this one, and I had played a handful of Games on Madden 12. Probably not the best person to be listening to, so I'll listen to ye with regards to all this! :pac:

i shoul really hit up a mod about this.

Did some research. Dan is right with regards to Pass D. At 0 its a lot tighter than 100.

in fact i can post the slider set if anyone wants to try it.

haha so we made the pass defence worse!? Ah lads...

Post your sliders Dan, or mail me them!

• Advertisement

just a moment pudsy.

Hopped on XBL there to check it out. Both Pass Reaction and Pass Coverage are on 75.

From what I can gather, only Pass Coverage is reversed, so that should be 25. Think leaving Pass Reaction 50 is recommended then.

Quick, someone break a rule so the mods come in and see this!

You around to play our game tonight, actually Pudsy?

Knex. wrote: »
    You around to play our game tonight, actually Pudsy?

Not until 11 30 or so.

Not until 11 30 or so.

Might be a bit late for me, shattered recently.

I'll PM you if I'm still up around 11?

user/cpu
    qb acc 10/55
    pass block 0/0
    catch 25/85
    runblock 0/0
    fumbles 25/50
    reaction time 55/100
    interceptions 25/35
    coverage 0/0
    tackle 45/100

just a quick note to say i take no credit for these.

I'm playing football until 11 so that why I'm away until then. Does tomorrow around 10 still suit you?

haha so we made the pass defence worse!? Ah lads...

The PFL lads will not be happy about that!

• Advertisement

Leave it with me lads

Advertisement