Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 1 Reports

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

rugbydan92 wrote: »
    we should really get a thread going for this slider craic.

Ill be honest, im not hugely in favour of changing it mid season.

The lads on the PFL put a few weeks of testing into the new sliders before they were agreed.
    We dont have the players to do that and id imagine most dont have the time and we'd need to test before making changes.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Most popular game reports thread ever?

Only cos you bate Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

thats very odd.. in the PFL there has been a couple of games where the Raider is the CPU and here what happens...

McFadden Runs
    Reece Runs
    Pryor runs
    Pryor runs
    McFadden Runs
    McFadden Runs
    McFadden Runs
    Pryor runs
    Pryor runs
    Pass

Rinse and repeat!

Nope, Pryor ran once and McFadden was given the ball twice for no gains in the 1st quarter, i was very surprised because i played them 1st game last season and McFadden just ran through me, but not tonight, it was all pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭rugbydan92

oh no i just meant there should be one anyway. it might be useful in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

oh no i just meant there should be one anyway. it might be useful in the future.

Throw any slider chat in the off topic thread I'd say is the best bet

ye ha actually when do we advance ?

• Advertisement

Advance is tomorrow night I believe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tomorrow around 10, advances are generally at 10 unless im not around or theres still a game to be played

me and knex will be starting around then heli, just a heads up!

ok saaaaaaweeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Thursday @ 10pm

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    me and knex will be starting around then heli, just a heads up!

Grand, just drop me a pm when youre done and if im up ill advance

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Grand, just drop me a pm when youre done and if im up ill advance

Cheers, Good Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

The sliders were brought in this season as for me, last season was the single worst season since myself and Santry set up the boards league, back in Madden 12 (Think it was then). It was the least enjoyable one I have experienced. Madden should be about tactics and wit (and a bit of luck), not an arcade game where the person with the most luck or the ball last wins. So many games last year were spoiled by not being able to stop a team despite getting your play calls 100 percent right.

As for the kicking. Over half of the kickoffs were touchbacks this year. So unless you have a really dynamic returner, realistically you should be taking a knee. A hell of a lot of kickoffs this season were out of the endzone, I can't find the stat right now .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I could have written exactly what Raoul said myself. Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I totally agree above, my first game this season was against the CPU cardinals and been able to Properly defend the pass or the run has kind of reminded me how madden can be so more enjoyable to play even though I got to the championship game last year looking forward to this season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    I totally agree above, my first game this season was against the CPU cardinals and been able to Properly defend the pass or the run has kind of reminded me how madden can be so more enjoyable to play even though I got to the championship game last year looking forward to this season

I didn't have a particularly bad season either. I got to the divisional game in the playoffs. Just wasn't enjoyable getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gary Ibbotson

Barely beat a CPU Chargers team there 27-24 in my first game......... God im rusty

Is the kicking power gone up or down? I'm confused.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is the kicking power gone up or down? I'm confused.

Went up. Only for kickoffs though.

Think when Raoul was on about the kickoffs stats, he was talking about the actual NFL, rather than in our league - where the returns were regularly crazy each game.

I know when I had Jackson on them, I regularly got 150-200 yards on kickoff returns a game.

Kick offs only were powered up, went from 50-56, same as the PFL, you'll see the more kicks going deep into the endzone or out the back, however if you run it out, you still have the same chance to run it back essentially just that the number of KOs being able to be run out should be less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ought to save me at least 28 points this year!

Knex kicked the sweet **** out of me. Only upside was Grimes being a beast, with 2 ints and many tackles. Now it's off to the training pitch to learn how to defend swing passes while beating up dummies of LeSean McCoy

Bit of a brain dump here, so forgive me if its all over the place. I'll try to add/edit later.

Anyway, myself and Pudsy just kicked off the first all out NFC East game with the Eagles beating the 'Skins 56-31.

This game was hectic, really, full of kick off returns and short field drives. Barkley came out the gate and threw an interception, and really could not rely on his wide receivers at all. Hilton finished the game with no catches, Maclin had 4, but the Eagles were intercepted twice when he was targeted. He made up for it with a deep catch at one stage, but for a while I honestly couldn't throw to either of my two main WRs. Avant and Celek got me out of a few spots, but as I'll mention in a min, McCoy was the star.

After that first INT, Eagles put up a stop, forcing a punt. Fair catch was called, yet inexplicably muffed, but the returner managed to jump on the fumble.

Eagles managed to march down the field and get the first TD of the game, coming off a screen pass to McCoy. McCoy would end the game with over 150 yards receiving, as Eagles utilized him on screens, flats, wide outs and wheel routes, as Skins had the two WRs on lockdown.

Definitely found it tough to adjust at the start in that regard, and if it wasn't for a few lucky breaks in terms of some missed tackles on key rushes, this game could have been a lot different.

Turning point was an INT in the final minute of the 1st half, as Eagles led 14-10 and managed to then turn around and go up by two scores into the break. (Not positive I remember that correctly, but more or less I think)

RGIII had a tough day at the office. Only completed 9 passes from 20+, but still managed to get a few long gains when the Eagles defence pushed up. Two beautiful throws in particular, one to the outside to Garcon who went the distance, and another to Tate, who lined up in the slot, and ran a seam right through the gut of the Eagles for another big gain for 6. RGIII would end with a passer rating of 70.

Morris was the main man for Redksins as he rushed for around (not sure) 150 yards.

Barkley had 300+ yards, 5 TDs and 2 INTs, in his first start as the Eagles no1 QB. Passer Rating ~ 120.

Overall, luck swinging my way at some key moments I think helped me over the line, and I think I stayed between 11-18 points for the entire 2nd half.

Great game Pudsy, like I mentioned, you were unlucky in some key moments, and you certainly had me scared with those two INTs when I tried to get Maclin on the out routes (Never had that issue when I had DeSean Jackson :mad:). Think the INT at the end of 1st half, and the pick six in the 4th Quarter were ultimately the nail in a very unfortunate coffin.

Cheers for the write up! I'm happy with how my secondary performed, just need to work out stopping the hb pass stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Final score?

According to the Week 1 stats.

Total Offensive Yards gained.

No1: Eagles - 715
    No2: Redskins - 659.

Think Pudsy had over 300 yards in Kick Returns!

56 31

Advertisement