Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mixing Sram and Dura Ace

• 13-01-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all I was just wondering if it's ok to fit a sram red crank onto a bike already kitted out with full duratio. Ace I've read the 2013 red cranks are only suitable for use with sram any ideas and thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

If the crank fits - pedal it. I have SRAM Red cranks with Campagnolo Chorus 11 and a Dura Ace chain. It all works flawlessly, why wouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

SRAM cranks should work okay on their own-without derailleurs. The brakes I think are standalone too pull wise, and the cassette should work.
    Derailleurs and shifters work differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Works fine have run in this configuration on one of my bikes for thousands of trouble free miles.

Advertisement