Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying itv player app from Ireland

• 13-01-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Anyone know how I can buy and download the itv player app in Ireland, and I am familiar with problems playing them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Not unless you have an apple ID that is setup for the GB store, probably a way to get it if you jailbreak but let's be honest that's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Gerry1995

Do you know can that be done from ROI ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

It should be pretty easy.

1. Open iTunes on your PC.
    2. Sign out of your current Apple I.D.
    3. Scroll to the bottom, click the Irish flag and change the store to UK.
    4. Go to the App store and search for ITV Player.
    5. Click 'Free' underneath to attempt to buy the App.
    6. It will ask you to sign in or create an Apple I.D. Choose create I.D.
    7. Follow the instructions. Set up email/DOB/security questions.
    8. On the next page choose 'None' as the payment method. This will allow you to download free apps using the UK I.D.
    9. Follow any remaining instructions and then, when you're done, download the ITV app.
    10. Once it's downloaded click your Apple I.D. and sign out. Sign back in with your original Irish I.D. and change the store back to Ireland by clicking the UK flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not that i'm personally aware of on both accounts. But I'm sure someone else will come along and tell you it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Gerry1995

Brophs, this nearly works, but even selecting payment method NONE you must supply a UK billing address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Use a friend's or just generate an address here. http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/m/#_home. Change the country to UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

BT 11AA as post code that's Belfast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Russellynx

regardless of whether you download the itv app, it only streams the tv shows to a device in the uk afaik (ip address etc.)

Advertisement