Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Flooding query, please help

Options
  • 13-01-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the flooding that occured on 24th October 2011 on Tyrconnell street. I've heard that back walls of a house collapsed and that several houses possibly flooded, can anyone confirm this for me? Would really appreciate any help as we're thinking of buying a property there.

Thanks, Ronan

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd imagine any damage has been rectified by now; bear in mind that that day was a freak occurrence - about a months rain fell in 12 hours in the Capital.

If you want to be safe (as houses :p) then hire yourself and Engineer when your going viewing, they should be able to tell by looking at it if the place has any structural issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Thanks cson. We're going to get a structural survey done in any case.
    Any locals on here that remember that night? Did those houses flood?

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement