Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks in Beaumont Area

Options
  • 13-01-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

There were fireworks going off near the Beaumont area just after 3 am this morning. Does anyone know anything about this and what they were for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

I heard them also. Don't know what they were for but someone on twitter said they were in Woodlawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Alarms were going off all over the place. Couldn't get back asleep after it. Just wondering who would set fireworks off at that time in the morning and for what purpose :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

MelachiT wrote: »
    I heard them also. Don't know what they were for but someone on twitter said they were in Woodlawn.

Where is Woodlawn in Beaumont? Have you mistaken it with Woodlawn in Santry?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Thought I had imagined it at first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

ha i heard them and thought i was dreaming the next morning! it sure was bizarre!

whoever it was should let us know what they were celebrating.. i would love there to be a fascinating reason for it but more than likely drunken antics :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The 13th is russian new year could have been east europeans after a few bottles of vodka but 3am seems a weird time as russias 4 hours ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Heard them myself about 3am in Santry, wondered what it was about.. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

It seemed like a big firework display , not a few fireworks just going off. It was like it was a planned event. Can't believe they organised it for 3 am! Very same people were not up at 6.30 am for work you will find :eek:

Advertisement