Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crawford in Cork Or To Limerick?

Options
  • 13-01-2014 10:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭

My dear friend is trying to choose between studying fine art in Crawford or LIT (?)
    She has heard wonderful things about limerick but that cork is rather underwhelming? I don't really know anything about either but if ye could post opinions so she can browse and make an informed decision I would be very grateful because I only want what's best for her :)
    Love you Emma!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xiti

Hey! I'm from Cork city and study at LSAD (Limerick School of Art and Design, we may be under the umbrella of LIT, as Crawford is with CIT but woe betide those think the art college is happy about that :P). Decided to study here instead of the Crawford for two reasons, the Crawford is unfortunately more than a little underwhelming and I also wanted to move away from home.... If ONLY LSAD could be moved to Cork, its a really great college, all of the tutors I have worked with have been helpful, some of them are truly amazing (and most of them do treat us as artists rather than 'kids'). Unfortunately, it happens to be located somewhere around the back arse of peripheral Europe in a city that really just doesn't get it, village mentality. Crappy city for gays (unless you fancy going to their one gay club which is open one night a week). Pretty funky underground music scene though and quite a few little galleries (with plenty of free wine reception exhibition launch evenings, best way to predrink is when you're talking gob****e about art). The college is its own little hive of creative activity, and its just 1hr30 from Cork if things get really stabby... I'm nearly finished now but felt really comfortable here from day 1. Best of luck to your friend, whatever she decides to do, a degree is a degree at the end of the day!

Advertisement