Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSAD vs Crawford in Cork

Options
  • 13-01-2014 10:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭

For Fine Art?
    If ye know anything about one being better in certain aspects or anything!?
    Inquiring for my best friend so she can make an informed decision when choosing how to fill in the CAO! Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Far as i know limerick is better for painting and fashion and cork is better for sculpture, i could be wrong.
    I'm from cork but went to limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Yeah, LSAD gives more freedom in terms of art and design, painting and illustration. Crawford is a bit more restricted, in that they don't so much want the individual to be a representational artist, but more of an abstract artist instead...it's a bit more artsy, I guess is what I am trying to say.
    Limerick's Fashion part of the college is very high profile and one of their students designed costumes for Lady Gaga, so there is alot of high quality work coming from the place.
    Some users on this board have found LSAD more down to Earth and less restrictive than Crawford, in that they guide you, but don't force you in a certain artistic direction, as certain art colleges do.

Advertisement