Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints in Writing

Options
  • 13-01-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

What exactly does this mean.... e.g strictly pen and paper:confused:

If so seems crazy in this 'Fast Everything' age we live in, except apparently in some cases.

Bus Eireann charter, says:-
    If however you have a complaint or difficulty that you wish to pursue you can write to the relevant Regional Manager, names and addresses are set out below.

Why is there not an email address given... its 2014 after all....

I can guess why but there are software progs to filter emails that are a nuisance more than a genuine complaint.

Don't you just love this country:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Cuts down on time wasters. You've posted here rather than using a similar amount of words because it would require a stamp. Seems your complaint isn't that important.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Bepolite wrote: »
    Cuts down on time wasters. You've posted here rather than using a similar amount of words because it would require a stamp. Seems your complaint isn't that important.

You missed my point completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

danjo-xx wrote: »
    You missed my point completely.

Please feel free to enlighten me then. Seems a bit like a pointless rant to me but perhaps buried deep within there is a nugget of pure gold.

It has always been the case that if you want a complaint to be taken seriously you write in. You can use a pen and paper, a typewriter or word process and print.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

A typewriter? How quaint! You need some confidence to use a device without an inbuilt spell-checker.

When I want to be taken seriously, I choose to use words on paper in preference to words on screen. It looks to me as if e-mails are often read in a (ahem) cursory manner, and responses typically reflect only portion of what is said. I generally find that letters get a more considered and complete response.

Advertisement