Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speeds are dreadful lately.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

KIERAN1 wrote: »
     Using ADSL1 and my speeds can't get any worse than 6 down or 312kb upload. I love to have 30 meg down and 8 meg up. Don't be greedy, think of us when you complain about your speeds on Efibre.

I bought an x box 1 at Launch, and i can barely upload a 5 minute video to Youtube., it took two hours for it to render and upload a 5 minute game clip to my skydrive on xb1

Uploading sucks when you only have ASDL.
     Excuse me for wanting the product I payed for. I am currently paying for 40mbit ( realistic 30-35mbit, which I am happy with ) internet, so thats what I want to get. I dont understand why should I be put in to this guilt form, just because you ( most likely live where population density is extremely low and it makes no sense to roll out efibre for very few customers when there are way more dense areas that would make more use of it ) are not getting efibre?
     Should we all be happy to have 1mbit, just because thats how much people get in developing countries in Africa?

Eircom was great for me providing good stable speeds in the last few years, now it is confirmed that there is a technical issue and it it being taken care off. Its more then I could ask at this situation. I am happy. In fact, I have not tested it last night, but it looks like that service improved already.
     I pay 32 Euros a month plus tax for the speeds i have, it not cheap. Actually were i live is one of the places to be upgraded to Fibre before July 2016.

I only complain because i upload a lot of videos, but its a pain in the ass, doing it with 324kb upload. You're complaining but, you have 24 times or more upload speed than me, so get real.

I don't think you're wrong to complain, when you're not getting what you pay for. But, realistically lot of people are worse of than you or me.

For gaming online, my speeds don't hold me back.  However i used to play competitive Gears of War on x box 360 and oh boy was the lag bad connecting to UK servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Carnacalla wrote: »
     Using ADSL1 and my speeds can't get any worse than 6 down or 312kb upload. I love to have 30 meg down and 8 meg up. Don't be greedy, think of us when you complain about your speeds on Efibre.

I bought an x box 1 at Launch, and i can barely upload a 5 minute video to Youtube., it took two hours for it to render and upload a 5 minute game clip to my skydrive on xb1

Come down to kilrush and get your 2.5mbps connection!
    I used to be on dial up only seven years ago. That was a pain. Internet pages would literally take 3 to 5 minutes to open up. I'll never forget it.

Kilrush is a big town how you still on 2.5 meg? You live far away from the exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I used to be on dial up only seven years ago. That was a pain. Internet pages would literally take 3 to 5 minutes to open up. I'll never forget it.

Kilrush is a big town how you still on 2.5 meg? You live far away from the exchange?

I live 1.5 km away.
    In the youth center which is 100m aeay from the exchange only gets 2.7mbps. The broadband is **** especially for a big regional.****hole (dosnt deserve to be called a town)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Excuse me for wanting the product I payed for. I am currently paying for 40mbit ( realistic 30-35mbit, which I am happy with ) internet, so thats what I want to get. I dont understand why should I be put in to this guilt form, just because you ( most likely live where population density is extremely low and it makes no sense to roll out efibre for very few customers when there are way more dense areas that would make more use of it ) are not getting efibre?
     Should we all be happy to have 1mbit, just because thats how much people get in developing countries in Africa?

Eircom was great for me providing good stable speeds in the last few years, now it is confirmed that there is a technical issue and it it being taken care off. Its more then I could ask at this situation. I am happy. In fact, I have not tested it last night, but it looks like that service improved already.
     I pay 32 Euros a month plus tax for the speeds i have, it not cheap. Actually were i live is one of the places to be upgraded to Fibre before July 2016.

I only complain because i upload a lot of videos, but its a pain in the ass, doing it with 324kb upload. You're complaining but, you have 24 times or more upload speed than me, so get real.

I don't think you're wrong to complain, when you're not getting what you pay for. But, realistically lot of people are worse of than you or me.

For gaming online, my speeds don't hold me back.  However i used to play competitive Gears of War on x box 360 and oh boy was the lag bad connecting to UK servers
    So if my steak is burned in the restaurant, I should not complain and just be grand with it, because some people cant even afford steak?

For gaming online, my speeds don't hold me back.  However i used to play competitive Gears of War on x box 360 and oh boy was the lag bad connecting to UK servers
    So if my steak is burned in the restaurant, I should not complain and just be grand with it, because some people cant even afford steak?
    It depends, Did you ask for it to be burned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Why are eircom saying the problem is solved ?
    http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/Resolved-Recent-undersea-cable-issues/td-p/56284

Im still having the same issue every evening on what is meant to be 50mbit

3260918726.png

3260927276.png

3260928728.png

3260930326.png

3260936226.png

3260939333.png

3260953334.png

3260980489.png

Trying to watch a movie on netfilx lastnight was brutal. When will all this be fixed ?

Edit,
    idk why the times on these tests arent displaying accurate time when taken,
    they were all taken just after 8pm.

Nothing has been fixed. Once again, like clockwork. After 12am speeds are back to normal. Between 8pm and 12am, every night, for weeks now performance has been dreadful.

3261231345.png

3261233992.png

3261235191.png

3261239447.png

The above tests were taken just after 12am, idk why they state a different time.(time zones?)

Heres more taken at around 2:18am.
    3261364385.png

3261366908.png

3261368348.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

they dont invest enough money to provide adequate bandhaul for customers on their network. No problem advertising and overcharging customers though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

nuxxx wrote: »
    they dont invest enough money to provide adequate bandhaul for customers on their network. No problem advertising and overcharging customers though
    Would moving to a new provider ie sky/Vodafone make a difference or are the all on the same network and having the same problems?.Im only with eircom 3 months and the last 2 efibre is terrible.Seriously thinking of going elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/Resolved-Recent-undersea-cable-issues/td-p/56284

3260918726.png

3260927276.png

3260928728.png

3260930326.png

3260936226.png

3260939333.png

3260953334.png

3260980489.png

Trying to watch a movie on netfilx lastnight was brutal. When will all this be fixed ?

Edit,
    Absolutely having the same problem. 8pm to 12am is intolerably slow. Then at midnight things become normal again.

Eircom reps, a week ago it was announced that this problem was fixed- it clearly isn't. on 50meg eFibre the max download speed up to 12am i can get is just under 5Mb/s, yet the upload is always around 14/15mb/s. At a cost of €55 euro a month, excluding eVision which will add another €10 shortly, this is ridiculous. I, like a lot of people on this thread, am paying for a service i am not receiving. I understand that it clearly states speeds UP TO 50/70Mb/s, however the stark reality is that if it is advertised as congestion free, and originally it was above 40Mb/s, then it does look like a case of bandwith throttling, as i would expect the speed to remain in line with what i was originally getting.

Can any of the reps give us an indication of what exactly remains as the problem, and why a week after it was announced that it was fixed does said problem still exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 brendanf

I have had exactly the same problems - In carlow and the max I can usually get is about 25MB which is more than adequate for me - yesterday all day averaging about this - last night down to 6MB when hard wired to modem and only 2MB on wireless - so the cable in the Irish sea is only broken in the evening time....hmmm...Poor Service - I got a free upgrade so no extra cost to me but I would be peeved if I had switched provider for these speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

giggsy07 wrote: »
    nuxxx wrote: »
    Would moving to a new provider ie sky/Vodafone make a difference or are the all on the same network and having the same problems?.Im only with eircom 3 months and the last 2 efibre is terrible.Seriously thinking of going elsewhere.
    No, been with both since all this started and it's the same regardless of ISP.

foxerv1 wrote: »

3260918726.png

3260927276.png

3260928728.png

3260930326.png

3260936226.png

3260939333.png

3260953334.png

3260980489.png

Edit,
    Absolutely having the same problem. 8pm to 12am is intolerably slow. Then at midnight things become normal again.

Eircom reps, a week ago it was announced that this problem was fixed- it clearly isn't. on 50meg eFibre the max download speed up to 12am i can get is just under 5Mb/s, yet the upload is always around 14/15mb/s. At a cost of €55 euro a month, excluding eVision which will add another €10 shortly, this is ridiculous. I, like a lot of people on this thread, am paying for a service i am not receiving. I understand that it clearly states speeds UP TO 50/70Mb/s, however the stark reality is that if it is advertised as congestion free, and originally it was above 40Mb/s, then it does look like a case of bandwith throttling, as i would expect the speed to remain in line with what i was originally getting.

Can any of the reps give us an indication of what exactly remains as the problem, and why a week after it was announced that it was fixed does said problem still exists?
    Yeah... idk why they stated "it was fixed", when nothing has improved. When i ordered this, the woman on the phone specifically told me i would experience no congestion what so ever, and how that was one of the benefits of the efibre.

I was looking at that eVision Tv service too, and i read that it runs through the efibre, which may just congest the internet even more, or worse, be complete S(*t between 8pm-12am.

foxerv1 wrote: »

Im still having the same issue every evening on what is meant to

I was looking at that eVision Tv service too, and i read that it runs through the efibre, which may just congest the internet even more, or worse, be complete S(*t between 8pm-12am.
    Upc also have a more popular tv service, surely it would affect them if that was to be an issue with eircom?

Advertisement