Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Upgrade modem now laptop not connecting

• 13-01-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

Hi,

UPC rang & asked did I want to upgrade my broadband, so I took them up on their offer & they send out a new modem which I set up today. However now my dell laptop is not connecting to the wifi, not even picking up the network. Nothing :mad:
    The laptop is about 6 years old, is it that ? I can connect my phone to the wifi no problem, but I like the laptop for browsing etc in the evening.

anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Birdsong wrote: »
    The laptop is about 6 years old, is it that ? I can connect my phone to the wifi no problem, but I like the laptop for browsing etc in the evening.

anyone any ideas?

Yeah. You're laptop is probably running Windows Vista and you have not yet installed Windows Vista service pack 2. Install it and try again and report back here :)

Advertisement