Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Joekers wrote: »
    Also had this last night didnt find it great tbh same with the Nooner IPA I wouldnt be rushing back out to buy either one

Having the Nooner now. I actually quite like it. Reminds my of Torpedo, but not as full on.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Talked about it on another thread, so drinking Baltika 6 Porter. Lovely stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wicklow wolf Amber ale and brown ale. Seriously tasty for their first efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

heading to an old local tonight, dunno if they have craft or not, so it could be large bottles of Guinness, Macardle's or something completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

heading to an old local tonight, dunno if they have craft or not, so it could be large bottles of Guinness, Macardle's or something completely different.

Years ago if I was heading back to an old haunt I'd be like "Cool!" :)

Now I'm more like :( "Bet I have to drink some boring sh1te"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Currently suppin on a bottle of Hoptimum.

Was recommended by a poster here.

Love me some double IPA's.

I've only started this one and so far so good.

It's seriously hoppy, all the usual expected notes and serious bitter afters.

Will be interesting as I get further into but so far it's up there as far as dipa's go imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Just finished a bottle of Hilden Twisted Hop ale. Light enough notes.

Now drinking Trouble Brewing Sabotage IPA. Very hoppy. Bitter afters. Gonna be savouring this bottle for a while yet

Have a Kinnegar Scraggy Bay IPA in the fridge for night cap later

Rock and Roll night in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Currently suppin on a bottle of Hoptimum.

Was recommended by a poster here.

Love me some double IPA's.

I've only started this one and so far so good.

It's seriously hoppy, all the usual expected notes and serious bitter afters.

Will be interesting as I get further into but so far it's up there as far as dipa's go imo

I know it's a cliche, but it's well balanced. A bit of an Esther Rantzen but has some other tastes going on that makes you want more.

Ipso wrote: »
    I know it's a cliche, but it's well balanced. A bit of an Esther Rantzen but has some other tastes going on that makes you want more.

Yeah just coming to the end of my glass now. Delicious beer. As you say it's one of those that makes you want more.

I don't know whether to have one more or move onto a can of Punk. Kinda want to save the Hoptimum but that said I can buy more. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yeah just coming to the end of my glass now. Delicious beer. As you say it's one of those that makes you want more.

I don't know whether to have one more or move onto a can of Punk. Kinda want to save the Hoptimum but that said I can buy more. :p

You're gonna be hard pressed to taste that punk after that hoptimum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Ipso wrote: »

I disagree. I think it really lacks the malty backbone of the top DIPAs I've tried.

Also, currently in Munich. Had a great breakfast of Weisswürsten, pretzels and a Hefeweizen in my brother's house. Any other recommendations? I've been in Munich about 6 times before this but perhaps I've missed something.

You're gonna be hard pressed to taste that punk after that hoptimum :)

Don't worry I went for the second bottle of Hoptimum in the end.

It's damn good stuff but I genuinely think Of Foam and Fury is superior or at least I prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A pint of terminator stout. Not bad 6.45% doesn't taste it. It actually tastes more like a porter from the mouth feel.. It actually reminds me of stormy port but I may be delirious from no sleep.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Any other recommendations?
    Don't miss Tap House. Fantastic pub. Augustiner Bräustuben is great for top notch beer at low low prices. Plus, obviously, Schneider Weisses Bräuhaus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Years ago if I was heading back to an old haunt I'd be like "Cool!" :)

Now I'm more like :( "Bet I have to drink some boring sh1te"

Yeah, discovering decent beer has completely ruined my appreciation of old, characterful pubs.
    But, thankfully, it seems every day that another " great" pub starts to stock something drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Highlight of my weekend was Goodbye Blue Monday. It's like Foams little sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Having Evil Twin's molotov cocktail. Been very disappointed with their beers so far, but this is a really good DIPA. Would not be able to tell its 13%. Well worth skipping Sierra Nevada's hoptimum and picking this up instead. Seemingly only bottled a month ago too

Remind's me of weird beards barley wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

jsa112 wrote: »
    Well worth skipping Sierra Nevada's hoptimum and picking this up instead.
    Skip Hoptimum? Crazy talk! Crazy I tells ya

Im off down ATG for a pint at 5pm, pouring on draught there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

drumswan wrote: »
    Skip Hoptimum? Crazy talk! Crazy I tells ya

Im off down ATG for a pint at 5pm, pouring on draught there

How much are they charging for a pint of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

symbolic wrote: »
    How much are they charging for a pint of it?

Dunno, loads I guess. They sell it by the 400ml measure. Sure Im worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

drumswan wrote: »
    Dunno, loads I guess. They sell it by the 400ml measure. Sure Im worth it.

True!

Ah just thought you had been buying pints of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thundercone fresh hop ale. Beautiful refreshing pale ale. A good kick of cascade from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

In Brussels for a meeting today and discovered I was just around the corner from the Delerium Taphouse.
    Figured it would be bad manners not to pop in for a drink so sipping on a pint of Chouffe Houblon IPA at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Heroditas wrote: »
    In Brussels for a meeting today and discovered I was just around the corner from the Delerium Taphouse.
    Figured it would be bad manners not to pop in for a drink so sipping on a pint of Chouffe Houblon IPA at the moment.

Hoppy Loft open up stairs? Much prefer it too other levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

lk67 wrote: »
    Hoppy Loft open up stairs? Much prefer it too other levels.

I didn't check. I had a hard enough job dragging myself from the place to go exploring some other bars before having to head to the airport.
    Just as well I drove to the airport this morning, otherwise I'd be a dribbling mess at this stage!

I had a very pleasant bottle of Brew Dog Jackhammer with dinner. The only other time I tried it was at a beer festival in Shanghai of all places. It's a very nice beer, both here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Finally tried a beer I'd seen for years, but never bought, Bishop's Finger.

Much more decent than I expected to be perfectly fair about it. These English ales have a good malt body, much like good German lagers, which are hard to dislike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Had Brew Dog's 5am Saitvand Punk IPA a couple days ago, enjoyable but not outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 slavik

Last weekend I had, molotov cocktail by evil twin brewing, overall by to ol, flipside by sierra nevada and a mixture of rubaeus and imperial russian stout by founders.... the hangover was worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement