Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭toffeeshel

A Dublin one- Fegans

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm slowly sipping my way through a Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout. It's too much for me tonight. :( I'll put a stop in it and finish the bottle tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

An File wrote: »
    I'm slowly sipping my way through a Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout. It's too much for me tonight. :( I'll put a stop in it and finish the bottle tomorrow.

Had a 2-year-old bottle of this last weekend. It was pretty special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Swung by Molloys in Clonsilla today. Very impressed with their Irish and international selection. Picked up the following:

• Shepard Neame Classic IPA
    • Porterhouse Hophead (new to me)
    •Coopers Pale Ale (new to me – mixed reviews, but I’ll try it)
    •Flying Dog Raging B*itch (new to me – to spendy at €4.39 for two…)
    •Founders Dry Hopped Pale Ale (new to me)
    •Founders Centennial IPA (new to me)
    •Founders Dirty Ba$tard Scotch Ale (8.5%....not sure what this will be like)
    •Macs Hop Rocker Pilsner

Last weekend, visited the Cottage in Salthill. Finally got to try Of Foam and Fury. It's very nice alright. Also had the new/unrealeased American Pale/Amber Ale (I couldn't eally figure out what exactly it was, I just said 'gimmee'. Among other things, also thried a Radler for the first time - an awesome version of a shandy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Swung by Molloys in Clonsilla today. Very impressed with their Irish and international selection. Picked up the following:

•Macs Hop Rocker Pilsner

Last weekend, visited the Cottage in Salthill. Finally got to try Of Foam and Fury. It's very nice alright. Also had the new/unrealeased American Pale/Amber Ale (I couldn't eally figure out what exactly it was, I just said 'gimmee'. Among other things, also thried a Radler for the first time - an awesome version of a shandy!

Nice beers there.
    Did you pick up any free glasses? They have them on the back wall if you get 4 craft beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

To Ol Raid Beer.

Nelson Sauvin, Centennial AND Citrus hops. My three favourite.

Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Having a Founders Backwoods Bastard. I accidentally picked it up instead of another Founders beer before Christmas. The taste is overwhelmingly of whiskey, which, while good for some, is not to my taste at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Left Hand Nitro Stout. Silky, sweet and with a hint of chocolate. Very dessert-like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Nice beers there.
    Did you pick up any free glasses? They have them on the back wall if you get 4 craft beers.

I did! A Erdinger and a Krombacher 500ml glass. Not really the style I like, but sure why not.

Much prefer the 330ml glass I got with the 6 Estrella Galicia in Dunboyne after.

Really impressed with that Molloys, great selection in fridge as well.

Founders Dry Hopped Pale ale picked 1 it up by accident instead of the All Day.

It's ok but not hoppy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ouch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's ok but not hoppy enough.

I thought it was like SNPA without the hops. The All Day is magic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The dry hopped ale is definitely my least favourite Founders beer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Brown Paper Bag Project: Big Red. 33 cl, 8% abv. Goes very well with Chinese take-away chicken and sweetcorn soup. :D

An File wrote: »
    Brown Paper Bag Project: Big Red. 33 cl, 8% abv. Goes very well with Chinese take-away chicken and sweetcorn soup. :D

I have one of those waiting to be drunk tomorrow. :D

Currently having an Independent Brewing Company pale ale. Again, very impressed with it - could very well become my new go-to Irish pale ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Kinnegar Maddyroe Burnt Red IPA in The Headline.

Lovely complex toasty hoppy flavours - delicious.

Another cracker from Kinnegar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Painting the baby's room today, so as a treat for myself when I'm finished, I'll drop into Stoneybatter with my growler and get something nice in LMJ, and also something nice in DS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Having a Founders Backwoods Bastard. I accidentally picked it up instead of another Founders beer before Christmas. The taste is overwhelmingly of whiskey, which, while good for some, is not to my taste at all.
    Drool...I love this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Redsoxfan wrote: »

•Macs Hop Rocker Pilsner

!

some nice beers there, the malthouse in trim would stock most of them.

Painting the baby's room today, so as a treat for myself when I'm finished, I'll drop into Stoneybatter with my growler and get something nice in LMJ, and also something nice in DS

You might like the stout/ale on cask from Jennings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Picked up some Bru Rua, was selling in Supervalu 4 for €10. Anyone tried it yet? From the description it sounds a bit like 5am Saint, a strongly hopped red ale..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I'mm on the Blue Moons tonight. Answer to your question? Yes.

Fuller’s Bengal Lancer an old favourite of mine.
    Love the maltiness and slightly sweet caramel flavours. It finishes with a nice dry hop too.

So, never made it to LMJ, instead I'm heading to Swords, I believe The Old Boro. I think it's part of the same group as Farrington's, so hopefully some craft beer on tap.

So, never made it to LMJ, instead I'm heading to Swords, I believe The Old Boro. I think it's part of the same group as Farrington's, so hopefully some craft beer on tap.

I work beside it and pop in from time to time. They have OHaras and Galway Hooker.
    Think they have maybe 1 more craft but can't recall it at the moment.

Punk - it's really not that great, is it?
    I love hoppy beers but it's just too unbalanced.

Moved onto Independent Brewery pale ale. Far superior.

have they got a decent bottle selection?

Also, while you're here, any other decent boozers in Swords?

have they got a decent bottle selection?

Also, while you're here, any other decent boozers in Swords?

Same as on tap plus some 8 degrees I think. It's the best bar for craft in Swords.
    Next would be the 44 across from the Cock Tavern. But The old boro would e the "best" in Swords for choice.

Tried Kinnegar yannaroddy coconut porter again and got a slightly sweet taste but it disappeared the next time I tried it.

It's a fine porter but I don't get the coconut.

• Advertisement

Now on Brown Paper Project's Big Red.
    Very Belgian in flavour but a cracking beer. My favourite of theirs so far.
    It's like a cross between their last offering and Brain Blasta if that makes any sense

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement