Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

A lovely creamy Affligem on draught from The Beggarman.

A very very pleasant pub.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

5tx7gh.jpg

Pints of this going down too well last night. Lovely porter full of Galaxy and Mosaic hops.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Finally getting around to having my bottle of White Hag's Christmas Ale. What a weird one. It's a strange one. The best way to describe it is as a funky cola. I'm not even sure whether I like it or not.

yeah, it was strange one...
    I got 2 bottles, the 1st one I had before 25th...the 2nd bottle had just last Sunday...with a "guess I better drink this and get it out of the way" comment...
    Big disappointment..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone had Founders Big Lushious? Have it in my drinkstore basket but at 16.99 I'd love to hear a review :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anyone had Founders Big Lushious? Have it in my drinkstore basket but at 16.99 I'd love to hear a review :-)

It's a Founders beer, is it even possible that it wouldn't be amazing?

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's a Founders beer, is it even possible that it wouldn't be amazing?

Well there's amazing and €16.99 amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

f u baz ;), I went to the b&c and got several pints of Dash.

It also caused my wife to rediscover her love of stout, so we went to the play then went to The Norseman, where we had O'Hara's, Yannaroddy, Carrig Black IPA and Sheep Stealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Sipping on a Leffe Bruin, which I picked up in the local shoppe for €1.

I'm finding it a lot better than Leffe Blond, which has an overwhelming taste of clove, in my view. The bruin is almost stout-like; it kind of reminds of Guinness on its better days. It has that slightly metallic tang to it like the national product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Brehon Brewhouse IPA. Impressed, quite sweet at first but then lots of bitterness that quickly balances it out. Very resinous hop flavour with a hint of tropical fruit in there as well. Also has a turkish delight type flavour that reminds me of Full Sail.

Only down point is the price. €4.29 is far too expensive IMO. Can get a range of excellent Irish IPAs for a euro more in many pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Jason from Galway Bay just tweeted that they have bottles of Siren and Brew By Numbers in hand. Very exciting.

*edit* kegs too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Brehon Brewhouse IPA. Impressed, quite sweet at first but then lots of bitterness that quickly balances it out. Very resinous hop flavour with a hint of tropical fruit in there as well. Also has a turkish delight type flavour that reminds me of Full Sail.

Only down point is the price. €4.29 is far too expensive IMO. Can get a range of excellent Irish IPAs for a euro more in many pubs.

3.30 in my supervalu. Which might have to do with its proximity to the brewery though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ska Brewing Decadence Imperial IPA. Great beer. Similar to Sierra Nevada Torpedo but maltier and less bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Bouncy house IPA at 6 for €10 couldn't turn it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Blackbucket from Kinnegar. I'd forgotten how tasty it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Founders Porter and Brehon Shanco Dubh Porter.

Both excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Jack Codys Smiggy Amber Ale

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A pint of Treaty City: Harris Pale Ale (a Limerick craft beer at last!) in a gorgeous glass, followed by a refreshing pint of Kirin Ichiban. Happy days. :)

Now to go off the booze again for another fortnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I couldn't handle anymore of dry January so having a few bottles of Founders Porter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Half way through a bottle of Dungarvan's Mine Head American Pale Ale. Very unremarkable and at €3.79 a bottle I won't be getting anymore.

White Gypsy emerald fresh hop beer : very middle of the road pale ale. I like the pint bottle it comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

had a lovely pint of Galway bay Goodbye blue Monday which is an oatmeal IPA yesterday.

Can I get that in off licence? I've had a brief look in my usual spots with no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

arayess wrote: »
    had a lovely pint of Galway bay Goodbye blue Monday which is an oatmeal IPA yesterday.

Can I get that in off licence? I've had a brief look in my usual spots with no luck

Fairly sure it's draft only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

matrim wrote: »
    Fairly sure it's draft only

i was afraid of that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

arayess wrote: »

it's draught only.

currently drinking...

Camden IHL - nice and sweet, odd for a lager.
    White Hag Christmas Ale - not bad not great. tastes like melted mr.freeze with cinnamon and ginger.

Working my way up to a Dog Fish Head 90 minute IPA.

Working my way up to a Dog Fish Head 90 minute IPA.

Did you get the Dog Fish in Ireland?

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Did you get the Dog Fish in Ireland?
    Nope, France.

Nope, France.

Did you bring some back for everybody on the thread? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just opened a bottle of o haras stout. The one matured in whiskey casks.

It really is excellent.

Normally I wouldn't like the taste of alcohol in my imperial stout but this is more of whiskey flavour and heat on the back end.

Highly recommend

Did you bring some back for everybody on the thread? :-)
    Nope, just enough for myself ;)

331938.jpg

• Advertisement

Nope, just enough for myself ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=331938&d=1418762192

Enjoy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement