Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

ciaran76 wrote: »
    White Gypsy emerald fresh hop beer : very middle of the road pale ale. I like the pint bottle it comes in.

The bottle is the only good thing about that beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

dintbo wrote: »

After reading the blurb on the back of the bottle I was expecting a lot. Total let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

+1, was very disappointed by it.

Cool bottle though alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

In fairness the whole story behind the creation of the beer is great, but the actual beer just lets it down. Real pity.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Maybe they'll kick it up a notch if they do a batch for 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Nope, just enough for myself ;)

331938.jpg

What a horrible bland selection of beer. There should be a warning with that picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Ok, just had a bottle of Brilliant Ale (shepherd neame), a bottle of Kenmare pale ale ( which is brewed in fcuckin Cork!) and an IPA (shepherd neame again). Going to order another Brilliant, definitely the nicest so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Ipso wrote: »
    What a horrible bland selection of beer. There should be a warning with that picture.

Yeah, it would be a waste of time going through all of them.

I would reluctantly take them off your hands. I should be able to fine them a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

roadsmart wrote: »
    a bottle of Kenmare pale ale ( which is brewed in fcuckin Cork!

It's worse than that... It's brewed in Meath! (for a Cork-based distributor).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the pic was taken some time ago, think i posted it up first sometime in december.

from that pic the only stuff I have left is

2 x 90 minute.
    1 x freshly squeezed.
    2 x sculpin.
    1 x DBA.
    1 x jai alai
    12 x beer camp.

Really looking forward to the beer camp i have to say. I must get started on it soon want to drink as fresh as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Jai alai is so good, best IPA I've ever had.

Decided to try black donkey's sheep stealer again since its been released in bottle, not great at all.

n97 mini wrote: »
    It's worse than that... It's brewed in Meath! (for a Cork-based distributor).

Thank you, I didn't know that! It's fairly meh anyway, I'd advise anybody to keep away, awful tack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SavageD

Bottle of Sierra Beer Camp - nice. Followed by a a nice big bottle of White Gypsy America Pale.myum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Hollows and fentimans ginger beer. 2 bottles and my stomach is cutting up.

Where did you get the Lagunitas

Still trying to get my hands on something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

SavageD wrote: »
    Where did you get the Lagunitas

Still trying to get my hands on something

Wetherspoons have it

the pic was taken some time ago, think i posted it up first sometime in december.

from that pic the only stuff I have left is

2 x 90 minute.
    1 x freshly squeezed.
    2 x sculpin.
    1 x DBA.
    1 x jai alai
    12 x beer camp.

Really looking forward to the beer camp i have to say. I must get started on it soon want to drink as fresh as possible.

Having a Big Eye later.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Longueville House Cider. Cloudy cider, not too bubbly. Nice test.

Started to drink my craft ciders at room temp. Koppaberg, etc, chilled, but I'm finding that the craft ciders taste a whole lot better at room temp than chilled. Anyone else find this? Do the beer folk drink their beer at room temp, or is it only the cider people?

the_syco wrote: »

Started to drink my craft ciders at room temp. Koppaberg, etc, chilled, but I'm finding that the craft ciders taste a whole lot better at room temp than chilled. Anyone else find this? Do the beer folk drink their beer at room temp, or is it only the cider people?

I find ales/porters/stouts are better a bit warmer and lagers/wheat beers etc are better cooler.

Koppaberg is probably the furthest thing from natural cider you'll ever taste, even less apples than bulmers!
    Where did you get the longueville? It was just recently recommended to me, can't wait to try it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Do the beer folk drink their beer at room temp, or is it only the cider people?
    I find ales/porters/stouts are better a bit warmer and lagers/wheat beers etc are better cooler.

me grandad used to stick a hot poker into his bottles of stout, that he'd keep beside the fire :eek:

I find that malt forward beers are better served warmer, but not room temperature, cellar temperature, about 8-12 degrees.

I like hoppier beers served a little bit colder, about 4-6 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Had the Nogne IPA last night, have #500 for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Blue moon, my favourite beer. Yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Blue moon, my favourite beer. Yum yum

Beware the beer troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Plates wrote: »
    Beware the beer troll.

I dont understand why people would get worked up about it. If some loves blue moon or heino or whatever then leave them be if thats what they like.

If they start claiming it is much better quality that a geniune good craft beer then there is room for discussion.

People always say to me not to get annoyed if so and so drinks a macro and i say i don't care, ill talk up the good beers rather than slate someone for enjoying what they enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I like Blue Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Beersmith wrote: »
    I dont understand why people would get worked up about it. If some loves blue moon or heino or whatever then leave them be if thats what they like.

If they start claiming it is much better quality that a geniune good craft beer then there is room for discussion.

People always say to me not to get annoyed if so and so drinks a macro and i say i don't care, ill talk up the good beers rather than slate someone for enjoying what they enjoy

Not getting worked up. Each to their own. I just genuinely think he's trolling.

If am in a Pub and the voice is between heino, bud etc and there is Blue moon on tap I'll take blue moon any day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

SavageD wrote: »
    If am in a Pub and the voice is between heino, bud etc and there is Blue moon on tap I'll take blue moon any day

I have whiskey....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Blue Moon has saved me from a terrible night's beer drinking in a few places.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement