Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

SavageD wrote: »
    If am in a Pub and the voice is between heino, bud etc and there is Blue moon on tap I'll take blue moon any day

I had that very choice yesterday, and a bottle of Blue Moon was ordered. 'twas grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Plates wrote: »
    Beware the beer troll.
    Not getting worked up. Each to their own. I just genuinely think he's trolling.

This thread is not called "What craft beer are we drinking this week" though, and it's not the first time that guy has posted in this thread saying he's drinking BM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SavageD

About to cook dinner and there's 2 bottles of Hoptimum that will have to be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Not getting worked up. Each to their own. I just genuinely think he's trolling.

Yeah but you have to be careful about calling someone out on trolling cause then people think that all craft beer drinkers are mickheads

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

I had a few bottels of the new beer from limerick lastnight Treaty City -pale ale .
    A very tasty beer more of an IPA than a pale ale fully of flavor and very well balanced hop aroma and flavor.
    It's almost like the little brother of Foam and fury. Can't wait to try it on draft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Widmer bros hopside down ipa.

Not too bad, dunno if I'd call it an out and out ipa.

€1 a bottle though! Short dated stock

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

finatron wrote: »
    I had a few bottels of the new beer from limerick lastnight Treaty City -pale ale .
    A very tasty beer more of an IPA than a pale ale fully of flavor and very well balanced hop aroma and flavor.
    It's almost like the little brother of Foam and fury. Can't wait to try it on draft

I had it on draft in the Blind Pig on Friday night. I wouldn't mention it near OFAF, but very little in this country is in that league of IPAs. Very nice pint though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

G rock wrote: »
    Widmer bros hopside down ipa.

Not too bad, dunno if I'd call it an out and out ipa.

€1 a bottle though! Short dated stock

It's an IPA/lager hybrid.
    Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

roadsmart wrote: »
    Koppaberg is probably the furthest thing from natural cider you'll ever taste, even less apples than bulmers!
    Where did you get the longueville? It was just recently recommended to me, can't wait to try it.
    Carry Out in Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Tasting 12th Abbey Irish Pale Ale for the first time. Very dry and hoppy with an unusual nose. Warming to it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The Londis below my apartment has started stocking bottles of Galway Bay Beers for the lowly (:( ) sum of 4 euro each.. anyway I noticed they had Buried at Sea so one of those for my only Sunday drink..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I like Blue Moon

I used to drink it a lot when I moved to New York first, after a while I found it very acidic.
    Must have been the orange slices it was served with.

An File wrote: »
    I had it on draft in the Blind Pig on Friday night. I wouldn't mention it near OFAF, but very little in this country is in that league of IPAs. Very nice pint though.

As I said it reminded me of OFAF it's like OFAF LITE for want of a better phrase . Similar hops .
    Treaty city is defo one the best new beers I've had in a while really stands out from the other new pale ales released in the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The Londis below my apartment has started stocking bottles of Galway Bay Beers for the lowly (:( ) sum of 4 euro each.. anyway I noticed they had Buried at Sea so one of those for my only Sunday drink..

Where is that in? I noticed an offy in Mallow was doing a special on St Mel's beers "3 for €12" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

n97 mini wrote: »
    Where is that in? I noticed an offy in Mallow was doing a special on St Mel's beers "3 for €12" :eek:

Belarmine in Stepaside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Had a bottle of Fran Wells Jameson Stout with a nice steak this evening. Fran well have nailed the barrel aging IMO. Just the right amount. I've had some barrel aged beers where the whiskey overpowers the beer. It's just perfect in this case.
    An exceptional beer.

slayerking wrote: »
    Had a bottle of Fran Wells Jameson Stout with a nice steak this evening. Fran well have nailed the barrel aging IMO. Just the right amount. I've had some barrel aged beers where the whiskey overpowers the beer. It's just perfect in this case.
    An exceptional beer.

Both O'haras whisky aged beers the imperial stout and barley wine where very good. Well worth a try.

IMO, Ola Dubh is the benchmark for barrel aged stouts - no Irish has come close to it yet.

Can't remember which one I had.

I'm a Scotch drinker though, and only really like Connemara Turf Mór from the Irish Whiskey side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Two hundred fathoms was the best Irish whiskey aged stout

I believe Brú are currently aging a stout in Bushmills barrels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Founders Breakfast Stout - great chocolate and coffee flavours
    Founders Centennial IP - amazing. very long on the palate and great flavours of citrus
    White Hag Irish IPA - not great, imo. May have suffered from following the Founders IPA

All very high in alcohol which we didn't notice till after we had all three

Oh, also had a Beavertown Gamma Ray in Platform Pizza in Bray; Very nice and priced well at 5.50 (considering Beavertown cans are 3.99 in our local O'Briens).

IMO, Ola Dubh is the benchmark for barrel aged stouts - no Irish has come close to it yet.

Can't remember which one I had.

I'm a Scotch drinker though, and only really like Connemara Turf Mór from the Irish Whiskey side of things.

Ya that's thing about Ola dubh its Scotch barrels and it really comes through the beer. There Smokey but it's not too over powering. It's good but I prefer Irish whisky to begin with anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Had an Odell St. Lupulin at the weekend. Loved it, but at 4 Euro a bottle, it's a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Had an Odell St. Lupulin at the weekend. Loved it, but at 4 Euro a bottle, it's a treat.

Shyte beer, that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Pouring on draught in Against The Grain now, 5.90 a pint - bargain IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

drumswan wrote: »
    Pouring on draught in Against The Grain now, 5.90 a pint - bargain IMO

Odell's St. Lupulin?
    That is a good price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Aye, I finished the last of the Odells IPA on Saturday, that was 5.90 too, decent for a 7% import

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

drumswan wrote: »
    Aye, I finished the last of the Odells IPA on Saturday, that was 5.90 too, decent for a 7% import

Aha! Caught ya! Commenting on prices and their decency :)

Had it myself actually, enjoyed it! Must get down to check out the St. Lupulin. Have to say, the way ATG has all the beers numbered now above the bar really shows how many they have on tap! Impressive collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Azza89

Anyone see any Porterhouse Devils Half Acre anywhere recently ?

A long shot I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Azza89 wrote: »
    Anyone see any Porterhouse Devils Half Acre anywhere recently ?

A long shot I know.

Porterhouse TB. Had a bottle at the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement