Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah but the Rí has a better chance of getting rid of the taste of the FF.

Is Pride more Hoppy than Speck? Been a long time since I drank anything in that style.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Dunford

Mahou *****

Ya beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Is Pride more Hoppy than Speck? Been a long time since I drank anything in that style.

I'd say so, yeah. Fursty Ferret is also nice - probably better than Hen.
    Dunford wrote: »
    Mahou *****

Ya beauty!

Is this available in Ireland? I don't really get the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

working my way slowly through a Weihenstephan Vitus (weissbier bockbier), thanks to a recommendation by the man in the local craft beer shop.
    To be fair, its damn nice. Really nice. Doesnt taste like a weissbier at all, more like a less stodgy more fruity belgian beer.
    It aparantly won prizes a few years back at the world beer awards. Its well deserved I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Belfast blonde, on tap in a Hutong in Beijing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

A bottle of Delirium Tremens and Delirium Red ready for tonight. I've been holding onto them for a special occasion. Can't wait! Probably the nicest beer I've ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

A bottle of Delirium Tremens and Delirium Red ready for tonight. I've been holding onto them for a special occasion. Can't wait! Probably the nicest beer I've ever tasted.

Love Delirium, going to Amsterdam in 2 weeks and first stop will be the Delirium Cafe

Just opened a 330ml bottle of Damm Inedit, which is a collaboration between Damm and Ferran Adrià, the former co-owner and chef of El Bulli.

It's a totally unremarkable beer: very light and transparent. Seemingly it's made with wheat, barley and sugar. The secret is meant to be in some combination of spices, though it has a familiar citrus and maybe coriander taste behind it. Basically, it tastes like a weak-bodied Hoegaarden or perhaps another Belgian wit. I'm not particularly familiar with the style in general but this certainly isn't what it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Love Delirium, going to Amsterdam in 2 weeks and first stop will be the Delirium Cafe

Seeing as your that side of town I presume you'll wander to Brouwerij 't IJ afterwards?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A can of Bengali Tiger left over from last weeks visit to Wetherspoons...

• Advertisement

Is there anything to be said for Synnott's? Few lads from work are in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paulgrier

I tried the new Guinness Porter this week, on tap. Quite nice. Similar to the old "pint bottles" but a smoother drink.

Is there anything to be said for Synnott's? Few lads from work are in there.

Id take a diversion to the Porterhouse instead.. Wasn't much in there from what I remember a few months ago.. (I could be wrong however and usually am!)

The Norseman has "macro-creep".

Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Dunford

Is this available in Ireland? I don't really get the excitement.[/quote]

Im not sure about Ireland. I live in Spain. The five star is so much better than the four star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Mahou Negra ain't so bad.

Dunford wrote: »
    Im not sure about Ireland. I live in Spain. The five star is so much better than the four star.

Clásica doesn't have any stars on it!

I'm currently sipping a Cruzcampo Gran Reserva and as Spanish macros go it's quite nice. 6.4% too.

A pint of Full Sail on cask in against the grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

A pint of Full Sail on cask in against the grain.

I've never had it on cask, just on draught. Which do you prefer?
    EDIT: possibly a silly question.

Heroditas wrote: »
    I've never had it on cask, just on draught. Which do you prefer?
    EDIT: possibly a silly question.

I have to say after 2 more.. The cask version I find more enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Hophead on cask now in Porterhouse central. After a full sail it doesn't seem so happy ....

After a full sail it doesn't seem so happy ....

They do say alcohol is a depressant after all. :pac:

Ravelleman wrote: »
    They do say alcohol is a depressant after all. :pac:

Bloody predictive text!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Red Hook - Out of your gourd pumpkin porter.

Smelt like pumpkin on the nose, poured dark without much of a head.

Quite carbonated and relatively flavourless. Pretty uninspiring.

Onto two Brehon Brewing numbers, the red ale and the porter.

So, Synnott's had the full range from Brú, three St Mel's and Fulcrum in bottles.

Decent selection for such a place.

I had a Brú Rí and two St Mel's Brown Ale - I was pleasantly surprised by the Brown Ale,, so I had a second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Decadent from Ska Imperial IPA : really enjoyed this. Had a lovely wood taste I thought plus pine hints. Good hop kick.

Smelled like mangoes too.
    Wish I had another!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

In no particular order

Beaverton - Neck Oil
    Odell - St Luplin
    White Hag - Samhain
    white Hag - Fionnabhair
    Founders - Backwoods Bastard

All good. First time having the Odell And enjoyed it a lot. Also first outing on the White Hag beers. Enjoyable enough, not sure if I'd rush back for them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Black's of Kinsale Black IPA

I keep returning to this beer & it ticks all the right boxes for me.

€2.85 500ml bottle in Dunnes Stores, 4 for €9 deal was excellent value :D

Best value Irish craft product on a bang for your € / quality beer ratio IMHO

"Charged with hops & ready to rock" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Brehon brewing - kilanney red ale

Lovely full bodied yet light red ale. Nice caramel and roast hints off it, almost bordering on nutty flavours

Brehon - shanco dubh porter

Majestic. Very nice beer. Coffee, roast, malty flavours. Not overly heavy, very very drinkable for a 7.7% beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Was over in Poznan last week so tried some Polish beers.
    Had a Lublin to Dublin, the colab between Pinta and O'Haras. It was alright, was a bit too cold I feel to get any proper taste off it.
    Got to try a taste of Black imperial stout from Mikkeller, could really get the 17.5% alcohol kick off it. And they were selling it in pints!
    Best local one I had was Coffeelicious by Piwne Podziemie, a coffee milk stout. It was fantastic, well rounded, smooth and not too bitter or sweet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement