Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They can take a bit of persuading all right.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Moghead wrote: »
    Had lunch and a pint in TTT on Saturday. Asked if I could buy a can to take away with me. Server apologised and said they're not an off licence, I'd have to drink it there.

The trick I use is to order a pint and then say "Give us a can of Bengali Tiger too sure but don't open it yet. That'll save me coming back up." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Had my second bottle of barrel aged Leann Follain at the weekend. I picked the 2 up on Christmas Eve at 8 euro each. Drank the first one that evening, after heading to the pub and drinking the only craft on tap (Troubles Sabotage). I thought it was fowl! I actually had to pour it down the sink because I couldn't stomach it.

So I thought I'd chance the second one this weekend, I was out with an avid Guinness drinker and thought I'd share it with him. He thoroughly enjoyed it, as did I. I'm putting it down to Sabotage ruining the taste of the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So this is landing in The Thomas House as early as next week, as well as some more Ska beers on tap.

FEtAG5c.jpg

I've only ever had it a few times in Vegas and I really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I think I might have a bottle from my small stash of Westvleteren XII tonight to celebrate the birth of my second child. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heroditas wrote: »
    I think I might have a bottle from my small stash of Westvleteren XII tonight to celebrate the birth of my second child. :)

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Congratulations! Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a sample of Black Donkey Sheep Stealer Irish Farmhouse Ale today, delightful. Nice yeasty taste and smell, light and crisp. Very decent and different from a lot of whats out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

What an occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Lagunitas has also landed at Drinkstore.
    On a bloody Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Ravelleman wrote: »
    What an occasion.

you are so right, drinking a bottle of that stuff is some occasion alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

slayerking wrote: »
    On a bloody Tuesday.

Yeah when the best beer on the planet lands in the country on Tuesday, its okay to drink this day.

Just home from drinkstore and downing a little sumpin. Beautiful!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

slayerking wrote: »
    On a bloody Tuesday.

What kind of selection do they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Ipso wrote: »
    What kind of selection do they have?

Pale ale, IPA & little sumpin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Had a sample of Black Donkey Sheep Stealer Irish Farmhouse Ale today.

That actually sounds like a pisstake craft beer name that a site like Waterford Whsipers would come up with. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

anncoates wrote: »
    That actually sounds like a pisstake craft beer name a site like Waterford Whsipers would come up with. :pac:

yeah it does, and it's horrible to boot.

It's a "Saison", the latest hipster craze.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Had 2 pints of Rogue Brutal IPA on cask last night in Spoons. Was grand but not as hoppy as I was expecting.

My CAMRA vouchers arrived so I'm back to drinking £1 pints. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

That actually sounds like a pisstake craft beer name that a site like Waterford Whsipers would come up with. :pac:

Well it is brewed in Roscommon the county with the nickname Sheep Stealers sooooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's a lovely saison ale, Carry Out in Tyrrelstown will often have it on draught to take away in a growler.

You couldn't be more wrong. You think saisons were just invented over the weekend ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Sheep Stealer is an excellent beer. Saisons have become more popular yes, but this ascribing everything popular as 'hipster' makes my eye twitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

drumswan wrote: »
    Sheep Stealer is an excellent beer. Saisons have become more popular yes, but this ascribing everything popular as 'hipster' makes my eye twitch

Yeah I thought Hipsters were doing the unpopular stuff.. I'm confused! ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You couldn't be more wrong. You think saisons were just invented over the weekend ?

No, nor did I contend that it was.

What I meant was that it was nowhere to be seen 18-24 months ago, and now we have it all over the place.

It's replaced IPA among "OMG you need to drink this style" hipster-set.

/twitch

American IPAs became popular because they are delicious. So are Saisons. The Brew By Numbers ones are delish. Why *complain* about good beer and slag people off for drinking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is the Lagunitas IPA drinkstore have fresher than the one Weatherspoons are selling for 55c cheaper?

RasTa wrote: »
    Is the Lagunitas IPA drinkstore have fresher than the one Weatherspoons are selling for 55c cheaper?

Grand Cru seemed to indicate that it arrived chilled yesterday. Gonna head over to Drinkstore at lunch, ill check if there are bottling dates on them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's replaced IPA among "OMG you need to drink this style" hipster-set. /twitch
    Nobody tell Baldy about gose, or berlinerweisse! He's the reason we can't have nice things! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭badabing106

Crafty brewing company stout in lidl

Ghastly stuff, wouldn't wash my dog with it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Saisons are sooo two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Crafty brewing company stout in lidl

Ghastly stuff, wouldn't wash my dog with it

Just out of curiosity, can anyone here tell me if this is the same beer as the Solas stout which is also made by Rye River and sold cheaply in Tesco?

I recently did a blind taste test of four Irish stouts that are very similar in ABV. It was a fun experiment. In order of preference, I ranked them as follows:

1) Galway Hooker stout
    2) O'Shea's Irish stout
    3) Solas stout
    4) Bru Dubh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Just out of curiosity, can anyone here tell me if this is the same beer as the Solas stout which is also made by Rye River and sold cheaply in Tesco?

Given the size of their system and to keep cost down I would have though so, but who know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement