Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Baldy summed up dash away nicely. I thought it was amazing, regretted not drinking more of it when I had the chance. Its supposed to be barrel aged too but wasn't getting any of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

jsa112 wrote: »
    Baldy summed up dash away nicely. I thought it was amazing, regretted not drinking more of it when I had the chance. Its supposed to be barrel aged too but wasn't getting any of that

Not all of it was barrel aged. The last batch will be going to The Well for the cask festival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

jsa112 wrote: »

That reminds me, I actually did get to try it barrel aged a couple of weeks ago in the Bierhaus Cork. It was fantastic, only match by Founder's Breakfast Stout on draft that night.

Great to hear that it will be on in the Well during the Cask Fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Stevens Point Brewery, Point IPA. Try one of these, if you find them. Real nice little IPA, I wasn't expecting too much from, but was pleasantly surprised. Sweet american style. €2.79 in Molloys, I'll be grabbing a few more of these.

PointIPA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought that Stevens Point wasn't great at all. Got some a couple of years ago in the offy beside WJ Kavanaghs, I think it was 5 for €10.

• Advertisement

I'm s sucker for sweet IPA's. It was very standard at first, but after it warmed a little, I really enjoyed it.

And in contrast to everything I've just said, Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail 13% Imperial IPA is a little too sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Grayditch wrote: »
    Stevens Point Brewery, Point IPA. Try one of these, if you find them. Real nice little IPA, I wasn't expecting too much from, but was pleasantly surprised. Sweet american style. €2.79 in Molloys, I'll be grabbing a few more of these.

PointIPA.jpg

Yeah really liked it too. Their amber is nice also.

Gonna grab the amber at the weekend, so. Think the IPA will become a regular buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A can of Metalman Pale Ale... I happened to spot it in Desmonds in Kimmage after work. Not bad, I haven't drank it in ages so had forgotten what it tasted like. For 3 euro I don't think it will become a regular drop.

Picked up a can of Centennial to wash it down with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Had a bottle of Indian Summer from Cottonball..and was sorry I only bought the one!
    Very nice...I paid 3.50 for 500ml bottle so its not the best or worst value.

They do a stout, Pale Ale and a Pilsner as well...not a stout drinker, but will be keeping an eye out for the other two.
    Anyone tried them ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Had Blacks Model T on cask last night. Beautifully conditioned, went down amazingly smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

What kind of beer is Indian Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

What kind of beer is Indian Summer?

from their web site... http://www.cottonball.ie/

Indian Summer Beer
    Our hybrid beer, this rare beauty captures the best of ale and lager.
    The finest Irish lager malt, crystal malt and ale yeast are the secret to her svelte body. Delicately bittered using a unique combination of three new world hops, a citrus aroma gives Indian Summer the sweetest summer glow.
    Food Pairing
    We like to quaff it down with a Friday night Indian Take away. The citrus notes also make this the perfect accompaniment for Chicken and white fish dishes

Hmm, I'll probably pick up a Stout and a Pale Ale over the weekend for a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Last weekend I treated myself to a can of Metalman (really like it and great to have a decent session beer in a can. Then a Lagunitas little Sumpin' Sumpin'. Wow - having drank Lagunitas beers on numerous occasions (when they didn't blow me away), was very pleasantly surprised by this. Really enjoyed it, and at €2.50 (4 for €10) will be picking up some more. Finally, finished up with a Founders Backwoods Bastard. Thought it was a stout when I bought it (never judge a beer by its colour!), so was nicely surprised to find it was a smoky bourbony scotch ale. Really liked it and a great sequence of drinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where is that Lagunitas beer, 4 for a tenner?

www.beer52.com

Signed up to this, and I'll be cancelling before my next bill day.

Pounds Sterling

£24 per month, plus £6 delivery.

8 craft beers delivered to a UK address (Parcel Motel won't accept beer), I've a mate in NI

Use the code gs9 to get £24 off your first order :D works out at £6 for 8 beers, if you can get them sent to a UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

RasTa wrote: »
    Where is that Lagunitas beer, 4 for a tenner?
    Hollands in Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Probably late to the party, but I just opened up a bottle of Kinnegar Black Bucket IPA. My god that is a tasty beer.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Having a bottle of Trouble Brewing Deception Golden Ale now, first time tasting it. Sharp to my palate, for a golden ale, but a fine brew all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Anywhere in Dublin doing the cans of Metalman?

Any of the decent beer offies will have it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bateman wrote: »
    Anywhere in Dublin doing the cans of Metalman?

Just saw them in O'Briens in Blanch, so other branches may have them. They also have them in Carryout in Tyrrellstown.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Comet off licence in Santry has them as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

anyone seen 8 Degrees Gasman around?

It's a Rye IPA

4 Lagunitas for €11 in the Mace on the South Circular Rd. Great selection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Grayditch wrote: »
    4 Lagunitas for €11 in the Mace on the South Circular Rd. Great selection there.

Picked some of these up in baggot wines and also got two cans of metalman. First time I've been there and impressed with their selection. Will have to hear back for a growler some day

• Advertisement

anyone seen 8 Degrees Gasman around?
    Nope, but WJ Kavanagh and The Friary have both tweeted they have it on tap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement