Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Evil Twin Brewing Hop Flood...Mesrine likes this :D

2 fellow enthusiasts & I put it up against a 2014 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot on a blind taste & neither of us could distinguish one from the other :confused:

We've had a few :o :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Currently drinking Brewdog Brixton Porter. I'm well impressed with it, it's very tasty. But had a Galway Hooker Stout before it and that was even better. One of the nicest stouts I've had in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Zaph wrote: »
    Currently drinking Brewdog Brixton Porter. I'm well impressed with it, it's very tasty. But had a Galway Hooker Stout before it and that was even better. One of the nicest stouts I've had in a long time.
    Yep, i said it a few pages back, its a super stout, so much flavour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Currently drinking Brewdog Brixton Porter. I'm well impressed with it
    The great news is: they've decided to stop making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Had a Beavertown Red Rye. Very nice.

Evil Twin Hipster Ale, smeh probably wouldn't go back.

Mountain Man HairybGoat and Green Bullet. Hairy Goat Yes, Green Bullet is just ok, through it does seem to be improving about a third way through and with warming up some. So maybe no write this off just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Smuttynose Bouncy Head IPA. I didn't like this one, at all.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

BeerNut wrote: »
    The great news is: they've decided to stop making it.

That's a shame, they have a very good porter there. Was it not selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Krombacher Pils again, just the old standard couple

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

That's a shame, they have a very good porter there. Was it not selling?
    I think they just want to make something else in its place. They do that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a can of metalman last night. It was pretty much what I expected, a decent beer but I did think it was slightly less hoppy than the last time I had it on tap.

I like metalman and if I go into a pub and see it on tap compared to the usual beer I'm happy, but I wouldn't see myself ordering it in a craft beer pub like The Brewdock. I can see the same with the cans, I'd happly drink them but if I'm in an offie with a good choice, it will be down the list of what I buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

BeerNut wrote: »
    I think they just want to make something else in its place. They do that a lot.

Was in brewdog in Edinburgh last week and the barman said they would have a new one in a couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Grayditch wrote: »
    Smuttynose Bouncy Head IPA. I didn't like this one, at all.
    I liked it a lot, great session IPA, different strokes & all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

anyone seen 8 Degrees Gasman around?

It's a Rye IPA

Tried it last night in the Friary. It's not too dissimilar to the Simcoe Rye Ale they did last year, which is to say that it is quite tasty and light on the rye compared to other rye ales.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Seeing as it's valentines day I decided to head to Blackrock and leave herself at home. All cask is 2 euro in Wetherspoons. The broadside is in fine form. Sadly no hobgoblin on. They have Rogues mocha porter in now as well. 2.55 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Can of Metalman APA for lunch, not as flavoursome as I recall from having it on tap in the Franciscan Well, but that is to be expected. Seems a fair bit smoother and more refreshing than tap too though which I can't knock, decent brew and glad to see irish Micros getting into cans as is better for the beer and the environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Picked up a Cottonball Indian Summer, I wanted a Pale Ale and a Stout too, but McHugh's hadn't any, they had Pilsener, but meh.

Also picked up a Black Bucket, a St Mel's Raisin and Oatmeal Stout and a Pokertree Seven Sisters Treacle Stout.

B905YyvIMAEFUNf.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Just had a Belgian Coast Indian Pale Ale.
    Very nice it was too!

Popped into the Blackrock Cellar before getting the bus home. Great selection on offer. Picked up some cans of Founders All day and Centennial, some Lagunitas Little Sumpkin and a bottle of Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier and got myself a nice new glass, one of the Omer tulip glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Couple from Jack Codys
    Puck Pilsner - awful vile stuff, first time I've ever poured a beer down the sink after a couple of mouthfuls.
    Blackjack Drogheda Cream Stout - enjoyed this.
    Smiggy Amber Ale - very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Trying "craft beers" for a while now. Some are lovely, some are meh.

Tonight "barefoot bohemian" - bit bland.

Howling Gale - Nice

• Advertisement

Tonight having Founders Dirty Bastard and some Little Sumpin. First time trying the Sumpin and must say I'm really liking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Had a Kinnegar Yannaroddy porter during the match. A fine effort compared to the poor Limeburner pale ale I had last week.

Followed it up with a Galway Bay Full Sail IPA. A fine drop to celebrate an excellent win.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Just finishing off a Tripel Karmeliet I was given as a present for Christmas. A wonderful drink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Picked up another bottle of Decadent I see a few here didn't like it but it's almost perfect for me.
    Also had a Stoney Gray from Brehon, really like this beer. Lots of sediment but doesn't bother me and I love the smell of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Kinnegar Scraggy Bay with dinner, damn fine brew, not quite the face-punching pineapples that I expect from most IPAs, more bittering hops & grapefruit sours. Interested to try the rest of these Donegal brews now.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Got around to trying the Sumpin' Sumpin'. Was a bit let down after all the hype. It's good like, but no better than say SN Torpedo or OFAF.

Had Siren Brewing Company's Oatmeal IPA, very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Having a five o clock shadow from weird beard after a stressful day. It's just what I needed.Delicious.Hides the 7% voltage well.

Far too many Centennials... so so tasty!

Maynard wrote: »
    Got around to trying the Sumpin' Sumpin'. Was a bit let down after all the hype. It's good like, but no better than say SN Torpedo or OFAF.

Had Siren Brewing Company's Oatmeal IPA, very tasty.

Had a couple more Sumpin tonight. Much prefer it over the SN Torpedo or OFAF. While I like the others if Inhad the choice I'd always choose a Little sumpin

• Advertisement

Red Wolf wrote: »
    Had a couple more Sumpin tonight. Much prefer it over the SN Torpedo or OFAF. While I like the others if Inhad the choice I'd always choose a Little sumpin

agree with the Siren Oatmeal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement