Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seemingly off licences are finding it hard to get rid of Hipster, and it's because of the name, people just won't buy it.

I doubt it has anything to do with the name, there are plenty of craft beers with stupid names. In this case it's just the fact that it's not a great beer for the price.....or any price for that matter. Great artwork though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I doubt it has anything to do with the name

Direct from the off licencer's mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Direct from the off licencer's mouth

You originally said off-licences (plural) but now you're saying off-licencer (singular). So it's just the one giving you anecdotal evidence?

yep :)

Sorry, see that line-up above? It's all gone.

Found a Bran & Sceolan, and it's about to follow Sumpin.

Cricket on, baby's not crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Had a lauganitas IPA which was very disappointing. We had a founders all day beforehand which may have ruined the lauganitas but it just didn't seem to have much of a hop hit and was a bit sweet. The founders, now that is a beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Had a nice evening trying beers in Mulligans last night.

Lauganitas IPA
    Siren Undercurrent Oatmeal IPA
    Modus Hoperandi

Bowmore 12
    Auchentoshan 3 wood.

Enjoyed them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone had the Blacks Model T yet?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yes. It's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Brehon Brewhouse, Shanco Dubh Porter. 7.7%

My first beer from Brehon and I must say I'm very impressed.

They had high expectations of this brew; glad to hear that it's performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Got it on cask at the Franciscan Well, and to be honest it's one of the nicest beers I've ever tasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Its amazing. People should seek this beer out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Cheers lads seen large bottles in the cellar yesterday, will get a bottle next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Trying the stout from Mescan who do the delicious Triple Red. It's unusual, but it's really good. Belgian style stout, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Availed of the evil twin deal yesterday. Pretty delicious. Tried metal man in the can too. Pretty close to draught for me

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Decided to try something different today, metalman pale ale which I thought was dreadful and bland, brewdog jackhammer, nice aroma but not digging the taste. Haven't been blown away by IPAs in a long time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Evil Twin Yang. Strong aul stuff at 10%, but a pleasant flavours going on. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Came across a black model t in my local supervalu. While it's 12.99 for a bottle it's definitely worth it, cracking stout, so smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Came across a black model t in my local supervalu. While it's 12.99 for a bottle it's definitely worth it, cracking stout, so smooth

What size bottle?

matrim wrote: »
    What size bottle?

1L springtop

1L springtop

Still on the expensive side but not as bad as it originally looked. Probably a similar bottle to what some of the beoir #1 came in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

€6.50 for 500ml of 6.5% stout? I like Black's but that's very steep.

Still on the expensive side but not as bad as it originally looked. Probably a similar bottle to what some of the beoir #1 came in

It's worth it. I'd be thinking it was expensive if I paid 3 quid for a 500 ml bottle that was meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Blacks Model-T is an early contender for beer of the year for me, absolutely cracking stout.
    Shared a bottle at the weekend (I payed 14 quid for it in Kavanagh's off licence!). I'm on the look out for another one, loved it.
    I'm not quite sure what makes its so expensive though apart from it being amazing of coarse... on paper, its just a relatively strong stout.

www.beer52.com

Signed up to this, and I'll be cancelling before my next bill day.

Pounds Sterling

£24 per month, plus £6 delivery.

8 craft beers delivered to a UK address (Parcel Motel won't accept beer), I've a mate in NI

Use the code gs9 to get £24 off your first order :D works out at £6 for 8 beers, if you can get them sent to a UK address.

My box arrived today. Pretty happy with what I got. Was worried they be short dated too but they're all grand.

wt9c74.jpg

irish_goat wrote: »
    My box arrived today. Pretty happy with what I got. Was worried they be short dated too but they're all grand.

mine arrived yesterday too, but it's in Newry waiting for my NI friend to head home and get it, probably Monday when I receive it.

Did you go to cancel yet? They'll offer £10 off the next batch, making it £14 for 8, which is still decent enough (there's only delivery charges on the first batch iirc), but I didn't go for it, I don't want to be spending ~€2.40 a beer not knowing what I'll be receiving.

That looks a good selection for £6 though.

mine arrived yesterday too, but it's in Newry waiting for my NI friend to head home and get it, probably Monday when I receive it.

Did you go to cancel yet? They'll offer £10 off the next batch, making it £14 for 8, which is still decent enough (there's only delivery charges on the first batch iirc), but I didn't go for it, I don't want to be spending ~€2.40 a beer not knowing what I'll be receiving.

That looks a good selection for £6 though.

Haven't gone to cancel yet no. I might go for it if it's £14 for 8 as I'm getting very bored with the selection available in Derry. I got an email from them advising me of a short delay because they were waiting on To Øl from Denmark but I obviously missed out on them. The brother got some Catalan beers in his box too so there does seem to be some variation.

Anyone know if macturcaills on townsend st has changed hands recently?

They seem to have changed all the window displays, and walking past i could see a couple of porterhouse taps

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭toffeeshel

They seem to have changed all the window displays, and walking past i could see a couple of porterhouse taps

Going to be a cock'n'bull afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭toffeeshel

• Advertisement

toffeeshel wrote: »

A what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement