Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Dark Arts. Been a while and forgot how tasty it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Dead Pony Club a great goto beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

matrim wrote: »
    Dark Arts. Been a while and forgot how tasty it is

ha, this always happens to me too. I do go on a bit of a Dark Arts binge then stop drinking it for ages, then get a pint or a bottle and I'm like "I should drink more of this" and it starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Dungarvan Helvick Gold - I also forgot how nice this is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Finally! Carraig Dubh, from Beoir Chorca Dhuibhne/West Kerry Brewery. Feck all carbonation in this bottle, but lovely flavours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Bear Republic's Big Bear Black Stout; very nice withva sweetish taste.
    Also had Lost Coast's Great White, an excellent wheat beer I had before. I think it was Seaneh or Ciaran76 that reomended it to me first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Many, many Ruthless Rye last night, in work at 8 this morning, reckon I'm going to hit Alfie Byrne's or ATG at lunchtime for a curer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Ann old bottle of Carraig Dubh that I found hiding in the back of the cupboard. It had held up well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Lovely oatmeal stout on cask in spoons. Fantastic stuff.

oatmeal_stout.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

irish_goat wrote: »
    Lovely oatmeal stout on cask in spoons. Fantastic stuff.

Had a pint of that the other day. Very chocolatey, if I'm thinking of the right one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

noby wrote: »
    Had a pint of that the other day. Very chocolatey, if I'm thinking of the right one.

That's it, really chocolatey on the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

In the "have you forgotten how good it tastes" vein: I had a couple of bottles of Leann Follain the other night - at €4.75 - in a pub:D:D:D (and not mispriced)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Feeling very patriotic today so headed for McHugh's in Artane and picked up the following to help me get through the game:

- Kinnegar Maddyroe
    - Mountain Man Hairy Goat
    - Galway Bay Of Foam and Fury
    - Bru Rua
    - Bru Ri
    - Stone Barrel Boom
    - Dungarvan Copper Coast
    - Dungarvan Helvick Gold

And for another day, some of the Brewdog Hello My Name is Vladimir, Oscars Blues Dale Pale Ale and Sly Fox IPA.

Come on Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

GB 006- quite enjoyable, tastes more like a black ipa than a dark ale that is advertised as its quite hoppy.

Colorado red- i dont like reds and this doesnt convert me although i appreciate its increased abv, ibus and herby nature. Strange mix and im sure a treat for red lovers

Modus hoperandi ipa- seen good reviews here and its defo a great great beer. will be buying cans of it in future if they remain available over here.

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Many, many Ruthless Rye last night, in work at 8 this morning, reckon I'm going to hit Alfie Byrne's or ATG at lunchtime for a curer :cool:

What did you think of Ruthless Rye?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

2 x ruthless rye.
    1 x brú dubh.
    2 x my name is vladamir.
    1 x nøgne ø rye porter.
    1 x nøgne ø mango IPA.

going to be a good day, hopefully i won't be drowning my sorrows after the rugby...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

adamski8 wrote: »
    GB 006- quite enjoyable, tastes more like a black ipa than a dark ale that is advertised as its quite hoppy.

Colorado red- i dont like reds and this doesnt convert me although i appreciate its increased abv, ibus and herby nature. Strange mix and im sure a treat for red lovers

Modus hoperandi ipa- seen good reviews here and its defo a great great beer. will be buying cans of it in future if they remain available over here.

Going mad I didn't buy a tray of MH when it was going cheap in Drinkstore. Great beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is there anyone currently selling Modus Hoperandi carry out?

Disappointed in the result but delighted in my choice of beer. Really liking the Brú beers, even more so given it's brewed just down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Tucking into a Pond Hopper with my curry tonight.
    Holy crap, fantastic beer. Far better than any of the other Thornbridge beers.

Clanconnel McGrath’s Irish White (#3) it's a light golden coloured beer smells quite wheaty when pouring.
    The wheat hits you on first taste then a nice spicey tingly aftertaste.
    Also a hint of citrus but just about.

Nice but 1 is enough for me.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Going mad I didn't buy a tray of MH when it was going cheap in Drinkstore. Great beer.

Yeah got 1/2 a tray myself but they were gone quickly. They won't be the sane price next time either I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just had, Narwhal Imperial Stout, Hello My Name Is Vladimir double IPA Brewdog & Zombier Stout by Fyneales, no complaints at all, bought the brewdog purely for the novelty factor but find it better than a few of theres i've had before

Heroditas wrote: »
    Tucking into a Pond Hopper with my curry tonight.
    Holy crap, fantastic beer. Far better than any of the other Thornbridge beers.

Did you think it was worth the money? I'm a Thornbridge fan and was kinda let down by it to be honest. But happy I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I really, really liked Hello My Name is Vladimir.
    But I've liked all the Hello My Name is... series.
    I love the subtle berry flavour with the hops.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Did you think it was worth the money? I'm a Thornbridge fan and was kinda let down by it to be honest. But happy I tried it.

How much is it? About €12? It was part of my last splurge in Drinkstore so I didn't catch the price.
    I absolutely loved it. I'm not mad on the Thirnbridge range, I never get the big fuss over them but I thought this was superb, possibly because it's quite different to the rest of the range.
    Had an 8 Degrees Hurricane, it and an Of Foam & Fury last night.
    Three powerful beers there!

Yeah €12.
    Wasn't it Thornbridge and an Odell collaboration ?

Glad you liked it.

Strong beers there last night.

Yep, that's the collaboration.
    For €12 I think it was worth it.
    I've had far worse for that price.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yep, that's the collaboration.
    For €12 I think it was worth it.
    I've had far worse for that price.

Yeah agreed.

McGraths Irish Amber ale is a non offensive beer.

Not great but not bad either.

• Advertisement

Lagunita's Maximus IPA, very similar to Racer 5.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement