Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Just opened an account & put in my first order :D

Thanks for sharing ;)

What is the average time frame for delivery in your experience?

Just ensure you buy the helles and not helles dunkel which is the darker variants , clear crisp tasty refreshing helles to the door step ( In my case work reception) . Unless of course you like dark helles .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

"We walked packages with UPS quickly and easily directly to your home."

That's service :-)

I am usually a knickers when it comes to drinking Irish beer, Fearfull on my first trip to munich that i would not be able to drink a Mast ( Liter of beer) the stuff goes down like its American cream soda !

The brewing laws and all that das reinheitsgebot = the purity law , some feel its just marketing propaganda , I would disagree i drank liters of beer for 5 days straight for the first time in my life. Often puked trying it with Heineken as a young lad. The purity law states that only the core 4 ingredients are used and, no on the shelf long life preservatives thus no hangovers and able to function the next day ( Again don't cross mix the beers, else back to square one with puking)

I have never looked back , it means for me now i can actually enjoy beer , as times past i fear the beer !. Additionally it means if i go out i cannot find a good drink, bar the Bier haus in cork city .:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oznog IRL

As Dbit says I took years to convince him to try Bavarian Helles. Once he had his 1st sip of Hofbrau Original he was in love. And it took him another 4 years or more to finally join me to Munich
    I found the *snip* web site and have since April 2014 I have made a total of10 orders.usually on a Friday and they would be delivered via UPS the following Thursday.
    Never have I been asked to fork out extra cash due to customs or vat.at €55 for 24 half litre bottles of Bavarian goodness you cant get in this country. And I have tried.
    Dbit we must get an order in again soon . Hacker-pschorr Helles or Andeschs Vollbier.

oznog IRL wrote: »
    As Dbit says I took years to convince him to try Bavarian Helles. Once he had his 1st sip of Hofbrau Original he was in love. And it took him another 4 years or more to finally join me to Munich
    I found the *snip* web site and have since April 2014 I have made a total of10 orders.usually on a Friday and they would be delivered via UPS the following Thursday.
    Never have I been asked to fork out extra cash due to customs or vat.at €55 for 24 half litre bottles of Bavarian goodness you cant get in this country. And I have tried.
    Dbit we must get an order in again soon . Hacker-pschorr Helles or Andeschs Vollbier.

Oh oh oh the Andechs how did I forget . yes true this man is my beer sensai .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

dbit wrote: »
    Just ensure you buy the helles and not helles dunkel which is the darker variants , clear crisp tasty refreshing helles to the door step ( In my case work reception) . Unless of course you like dark helles .
    Doppelbocks for me :D

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Doppelbocks for me :D

Whats that like Oz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Best beers on my american road trip.

Two above all, favourite beers ever pretty much:

BFM Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien
    Prairie Ales Apple Brandy Noir

The rest of the best, in no particular order:

Westbrook 4th Anniversary Chocolate Coconut Almond Imperial Stout
    Foothills Sexual Chocolate
    Cisco Brewers Lady of the Woods
    Crooked Stave St. Bretta (Fall)
    Allagash Curieux (cask)
    Boulevard Tank 7
    Jolly Pumpkin Bière de Mars
    Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge
    BFM Square Root 225 Saison
    Bruery Oude Tart
    Alpine Beer Company Nelson
    Perennial Artisan Ales Sump Coffee Stout
    Allagash Midnight Brett
    The Commons Brewery Urban Farmhouse
    Goose Island Halia
    Great Raft Brewing Grace and Grit

Now back to work and time to detox :P

snowblind wrote: »
    Best beers on my american road trip.

Two above all, favourite beers ever pretty much:

BFM Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien
    Prairie Ales Apple Brandy Noir

The rest of the best, in no particular order:

Westbrook 4th Anniversary Chocolate Coconut Almond Imperial Stout
    Foothills Sexual Chocolate
    Cisco Brewers Lady of the Woods
    Crooked Stave St. Bretta (Fall)
    Allagash Curieux (cask)
    Boulevard Tank 7
    Jolly Pumpkin Bière de Mars
    Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge
    BFM Square Root 225 Saison
    Bruery Oude Tart
    Alpine Beer Company Nelson
    Perennial Artisan Ales Sump Coffee Stout
    Allagash Midnight Brett
    The Commons Brewery Urban Farmhouse
    Goose Island Halia
    Great Raft Brewing Grace and Grit

Now back to work and time to detox :P

Christ im getting thirsty , its a school night ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Lots of nice pale ales and IPAs missing from that. Westbrook One Claw could be added. Usually the one with my kind of hop profile from a local brewery was the best. Usually there was something tasty on offer....

• Advertisement

Tried some ipa's in Dublin, My pallet didn't like them much .:-(

Whats that like Oz ?

Never really tried Doppelbocks, I know bock beer is strong and used to be made for monks fasting during lent, a few mass a day to keep them going.
    I assume Doppelbocks would be stronger. Think there's a few on web-bier but reckon it's like alco Soup. ðŸ˜႒

oznog IRL wrote: »
    Never really tried Doppelbocks, I know bock beer is strong and used to be made for monks fasting during lent, a few mass a day to keep them going.
    I assume Doppelbocks would be stronger. Think there's a few on web-bier but reckon it's like alco Soup. ðŸ˜႒

And cos I'm a tight ass I've got Lidls Grafenwalder Pils in my fridge at home. Not nearly as good as a Helles but waaay better than Heineken or God forbid Budweiser. Euuu

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Also, be aware that there is extra duty added to products purchased outside the EU. I learned this to my cost recently when I ordered CDs from Amazon's US site and the An Post delivery man hit me with a bill for the extra duty.

The won't even offer a consumer this option on alcohol, as you need a licence to import.

On the actual topic, a friend is having a craft beer night tomorrow so I grabbed a selection to bring along. Slowly working my way through the entire Wicklow Wolf offerings but was disappointed, after having found it on sale elsewhere that my local O'Briens doesn't have GBB Buried at Sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anyone around Brew Dock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Anyone around Brew Dock?

No, got stuck in work :(
    Let us know what its like, heard it's going to be in offies this year so hopefully Ill get some of it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Tried some ipa's in Dublin, My pallet didn't like them much .:-(

Don't give up just yet. I used to hate ipas, now I love them. Don't know when it happened but it was gradual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Anyone around Brew Dock?

Yeah. Downstairs at back.

Is it still packed. I'd a glass of TFH and left. Got too warm for me. #oldman

Cask porter and new stout in JWS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Called in to grab some bottles at 7:30 and all sold out! Grabbed a sample from the tap and it tastes devine.

• Advertisement

Is it still packed. I'd a glass of TFH and left. Got too warm for me. #oldman

Cask porter and new stout in JWS

Calmed down a good bit but still busy. At 7 it was really bad with everyone waiting for it. Think I got the last 2 bottles they had to take home but still going strong on tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Founders Centennial. Such a great drink.

matrim wrote: »
    Calmed down a good bit but still busy. At 7 it was really bad with everyone waiting for it. Think I got the last 2 bottles they had to take home but still going strong on tap.

Isn't it fantastic? people waiting for it to be poured / made available. Hopefully will pick up some in an off license in the coming days.. if not sure just send us all your house address and we will all be over to help out with those two bottles you got ;)

Isn't it fantastic? people waiting for it to be poured / made available. Hopefully will pick up some in an off license in the coming days.. if not sure just send us all your house address and we will all be over to help out with those two bottles you got ;)

Will it be in an offie? Best chance is probably Alfie byrnes

You staying for a while? Might head back over to sample that Beavertown Orange IPA

Will it be in an offie? Best chance is probably Alfie byrnes

Noreast are distributing some bottles apparently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Suppose there's not likely to be any left when I get into Busaras tomorrow afternoon...

You staying for a while? Might head back over to sample that Beavertown Orange IPA

Had some of that Orange IPA at the fest last weekend. Seriously delicious.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Suppose there's not likely to be any left when I get into Busaras tomorrow afternoon...

They just tweeted that they'd put their last Keg on. Better make tracks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Farmageddon's Amarillo. Single malt, single hop. Lovely stuff. Not cheap at a fiver a bottle, but well worth a go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement