Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm sure there'll be more delivered tomorrow.

They did the same thing last year, they kept delivering it bit by bit, and were constantly "finding" boxes of the stuff in the brewery. I suppose it helps with the buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

In fairness, they need to spend their profits on something.

May as well be "buzz"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

You staying for a while? Might head back over to sample that Beavertown Orange IPA

Probably one more drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How much were they charging for bottles?

Not much change from 20 for 2.

It's 10% though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

I was in the drury restaurant last night and they had bottles of dogfish head, my Antonia. €9 a bottle but I had to try it. Was very good indeed. I Never thought I'd see dogfish in Ireland. The restaurant had a fantastic craft beer selection.
    I was in the drury restaurant last night and they had bottles of dogfish head, my Antonia. €9 a bottle but I had to try it. Was very good indeed. I Never thought I'd see dogfish in Ireland. The restaurant had a fantastic craft beer selection.

Well, this is not Dogfish head beer. Not even close.
    Sam Calagione, from Dogfish Head Brewery, visit Italy and did collaboration beer with birradelborgo.
    It is a nice hoopy pilzner i have to say but it is not dogfish head brewed in usa. It is avaiable in beter off licences in dublin for 4€ Sorry pal but i would pay 15€ for genuine 60 min ipa all day long.

Jesus Christ. I decided on a whim to get on a bus in the general direction of home and popped into WJK on the way past.

The new Hooker IPA on cask for a start.

2 Sirens. And I'll need to have a liquid Mistress before I leave AND a Soundwave too.

Luckily they have Bloody Ell in cans to take away

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

How much were they charging for bottles?

€8.50 a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Up a euro fifty from last year. Nice!

They ARE losing out on their #1 fan/advert by him being banned from here tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

They ARE losing out on their #1 fan/advert by him being banned from here tho

Were the bottles being sold to take away?

Were the bottles being sold to take away?

I've two in my pocket here in WJK

I've two in my pocket here in WJK

Good man, I'll grab some from the Dark Horse tomorrow

If they've any left

If they've any left

Not on sale there until tomorrow, I remember when it was re-released on draught a few months ago, I ran down expecting it to be packed and I was the first to have a glass (or 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

laros wrote: »
    €8.50 a bottle

It's actually only up €1 from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Not sure on the price. I had thought it was cheap but i was trying to pay for a split round so may have got a free beer because i payed about 23 for 2 bottles of THF a glass of THF and another beer.

Anyway it was a fantastic beer. Started out with plum, cherry, and molasses. Followed up with the whiskey hit that mellowed into vanilla

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Had a couple of Naparbiers. ZZ Amber and Aker IPA. Decent drops the both of them. Metal as feck on the label artwork as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Isn't it fantastic? people waiting for it to be poured / made available. Hopefully will pick up some in an off license in the coming days.. if not sure just send us all your house address and we will all be over to help out with those two bottles you got ;)

200 fathoms release 2020? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D'ye reckon there might be any 200 Fathoms in Galway this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

An File wrote: »
    D'ye reckon there might be any 200 Fathoms in Galway this weekend?

I thought I read a tweet about it being available in the salt-house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

ITs just pure mad IRish lads turning they're backs on the sh1te the masses seem happy to drink , Then we have to Don Quixote our asses around the country for some proper beer . Why have most of the Irish Off licenses not coped on to the "NEW" world of beers ??

200 Fathoms whats the buzz there what type of beer is that ?

Stout aged in whiskey barrels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Founders Centennial. Such a great drink.

Got a Dark Penance, Curmudgeon and Backwoods Bastard for this weekend. Plus another of those Barrel Aged Leann Folains.

Now, please just let the football go my way later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone know will Against the Grain allow someone to buy a couple of bottles to take out?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

anncoates wrote: »
    Got a Dark Penance, Curmudgeon and Backwoods Bastard for this weekend. Plus another of those Barrel Aged Leann Folains.
    Now, please just let the football go my way later.

Nice haul. Who are you supporting in the football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Nice haul. Who are you supporting in the football?

Shamrock Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

anncoates wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers.

No one is perfect :P

I am hoping for a win in Dundalk tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

dbit wrote: »
    ITs just pure mad IRish lads turning they're backs on the sh1te the masses seem happy to drink , Then we have to Don Quixote our asses around the country for some proper beer . Why have most of the Irish Off licenses not coped on to the "NEW" world of beers ??

200 Fathoms whats the buzz there what type of beer is that ?

Quite simply it'd sex in a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Quite simply it'd sex in a bottle.
    C'mon now lads seriously , i'll have to try this . Do you Drink helles and could you compare the range of tastes and after tastes ?

I cant drink anything other than helles as it all tastes like disprin to me. ( Irish lagers i mean. I Do love my stout in the winter)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement