Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

anncoates wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers.
    No one is perfect :P

What he said!

I'm also a LOI fan and will be in Terryland for Galway v Derry tonight. Good to support craft football as well as craft beer! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Trond wrote: »
    Anyone know will Against the Grain allow someone to buy a couple of bottles to take out?
    I'm sure they will.
    Edit: Oh, except they sold out an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Quite simply it'd sex in a bottle.

I agree wholeheartedly! Its absolutely fantastic stuff.

Against The Grain sold 5 crates in 37mins apparently. Managed to get the last three bottles in Davie Byrnes on Earlsfort Terrace. Couldn't resist having one at the bar. Its so feicin smooth for a beer that's 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Is it on tap anywhere still ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I thought I read a tweet about it being available in the salt-house.

Excellent! I tried it in the same place last year. It's been far too long. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Hope this will lead into more proper BA beers in Ireland. I consider the Franciscan Well and O'Haras once drainpourable, Porterhouse has had a couple of decent ones, but 200 is world class.

Now I just need to source some of the 2015 edition....hope some will trickle down :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How does it compare to White Hag's imperial. Shame that never made it into bottles.

RasTa wrote: »
    How does it compare to White Hag's imperial. Shame that never made it into bottles.
    It's barrel aged, so it's more complex due to the barrel character. Whiskey, vanilla, etc

On a heavy imperial stout buzz lately.

Got a bottle of Speedway Stout and these Charleston SC bad boys at home:

10999897_10152688170509290_2001210393459210769_n.jpg?oh=dcbbd3251e3c0a8fd3b9b5369285b61b&oe=558630F3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone tried 8 Degrees Polar Vortex?

Had a few new ones to me last night

Kinnegar Black Bucket - ok, I just would be a fan of rye or black IPA in general

Carrig Pipers Pale Ale - too 'nutty'

Stevens Point Pale Ale - Meh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 LookLordSugar

I drank a couple of pints of that new Guinness Hop House lager. It tastes just like all the rest of those Crafty fizzy ale/lagers.
    Am I the only person who thinks they all taste the same, or very vaguely different? It's a passing fad IMO, surely that many breweries aren't sustainable. I am awaiting an onslaught.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

coopers brewery ale

Paulaner

Erdinger

James Boag

8 Degrees Polar Vortex was ok redsoxfan. Cheaper better ipa's out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

dbit wrote: »
    C'mon now lads seriously , i'll have to try this . Do you Drink helles and could you compare the range of tastes and after tastes ?

I cant drink anything other than helles as it all tastes like disprin to me. ( Irish lagers i mean. I Do love my stout in the winter)

If all you can drink is helles, a barrel aged imperial stout like 200 fathoms might be a bit much. It's a 10 %er.
    I'd recommend trying a few Irish blonde ales, progress to pale ales, and then IPA....gradually!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 LookLordSugar

dbit wrote: »
    C'mon now lads seriously , i'll have to try this . Do you Drink helles and could you compare the range of tastes and after tastes ?

I cant drink anything other than helles as it all tastes like disprin to me. ( Irish lagers i mean. I Do love my stout in the winter)

I love Helles. Augustiner is my favourite. Shame it's like 3.99 a bottle in Dublin ffs. They have one called Fischer on tap in the crafty beer places, which is gorgeous too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Had the Gasman IPA from 8 Degrees but found it a bit too much. Sipping a Metalman now, how I miss thee up north.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

jsa112 wrote: »
    Is it on tap anywhere still ?

They had a small amount left on tap in Brew Dock around lunchtime. I rang to see if there was any chance they'd gotten any more bottles in. To be fair to the barman, he managed to stop himself laughing at me while I was on the phone, which I thought was pretty decent of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

The other half picked up a handful of fathoms from the black sheep earlier.
    Not a cheap beer, but one for special occasions for sure. It's seriously great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Picked up 18 bottles of short date Galway Bay Red Ale in the off licence last night for 18 euro.

6 on the counter with a best before of 18 feb 15, said I'd take them. The lad said he had a box of 12 out the back so I took them too, those have a best before of 15 April, bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

No one is perfect :P

I am hoping for a win in Dundalk tonight! :D

'Mon da tawwwwwn. Dundalk woop

havin a few homebrew saisons.bjaysus it's strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Can't get enough of this stuff:

680569862297.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Grayditch wrote: »
    Farmageddon's Amarillo. Single malt, single hop. Lovely stuff. Not cheap at a fiver a bottle, but well worth a go.

Found it horrible, 90% of the bottle went down the sink.

Their Gold Pale Ale and IPA were OK at best too.

Had been thinking of getting that farmageddon beer, but am unsure at the cost and have found single hop beers to be not very good

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Don't go near the Amarillo beer, trust me.

And I'm not alone...

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/farmageddon-smash-amarillo/316201/

I didn't even know these cowboys were charging a fiver for it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Picked up six bottles of 200 Fathoms there from The Black Sheep around 2pm, still had a good few left but probably all gone now. Surprised they still had that many at that hour!
    Was talking to one of the lads from Teelings, they only had two kegs of it in the Brewdock for the launch and it lasted no amount of time. Hopefully they get some more in soon cos I'm saving the bottles for a special occasion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Got a Dark Penance, Curmudgeon and Backwoods Bastard for this weekend. Plus another of those Barrel Aged Leann Folains.

Now, please just let the football go my way later.

They taste pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

They taste pretty good.

That wind could have took the head off me :-)
    200 fathoms tonight !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Anyone tried 8 Degrees Polar Vortex?

Had a bottle of it last night. It was grand. Bit light tasting and light in body for a 5.8% IPA. Pity it isn't more flavorful considering it has Cascade, Simcoe and Citra in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Found it horrible, 90% of the bottle went down the sink.

Their Gold Pale Ale and IPA were OK at best too.

It's a weird one, I just like it. Didn't at first, as their was definitely some odd flavours going on. Warmed up a bit and I enjoyed then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

2 bottles of hoptimum on the cards this evening. Mmmmmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement