Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's a weird one, I just like it. Didn't at first, as their was definitely some odd flavours going on. Warmed up a bit and I enjoyed then.

Had Amarillo for the first and last time during the week. It tasted like you mixed 3 or 4 beers together. Awful. Such a let down after their excellent porter. About to devour a growler of white hag oatmeal milk stout shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

About to devour a growler of white hag

EASY!!!!

tang1 wrote: »
    EASY!!!!
    it's delicious. White hag have yet to dissapoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Had a couple of Wicklow Wolf Falconers Flight last night. I didn't like it at all. I do like their Amber though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Had a couple of Wicklow Wolf Falconers Flight last night. I didn't like it at all. I do like their Amber though

I had their ipa the other night. Overpriced and average. Pity.

Will have to try the Amber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Had a pint of Burren Brewing's Red today along with a sample of their lager. The Red is quite good as quaffing red's go. A good dose of sweetness from the malt and a nice smoothness from the hops; a good and worthwhile beer and better than some other reds out there. The lager, based on one glass, is excellent; it's crisp and subtle and approaching the realm of some IPA's. Worth calling into if you are close to Lisdoonvarna.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Drinking some Kellys Mountain Brew Justice Pale Ale that I got in Supervalu Knocklyon. A very tasty beer indeed :) It's going down very easy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Had a couple of Blooody Ell's - not bad but I was expecting more from this. A Dirty Bastard to finish the night though, Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Had a decent bottle of Fuller's Past Masters 1966, very good stuff, lovely nutty, caramel, biscuity mash-up! Pretty easy to drink considering it is 7.3% and no harshness and not much alcohol taste to it. Looking forward to trying the 1916 version and seeing how it compares.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Finally got to my first bottle of 200 fathoms, very very nice so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Same as that, will savour it the weekend probably.....can't wait.....missed it the twice before :)
    16555939967_26fd265cbf_z.jpg

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

On the topic of barrel-aged beers, does anyone know where I can pick up some of Beavertown Geronimo?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Wont find it here afaik. Its nice, but expensive, didn't think it was better than some of the imperial stouts floating around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭billythefish99

Saruwatari wrote: »
    On the topic of barrel-aged beers, does anyone know where I can pick up some of Beavertown Geronimo?

Redmonds had some a few months ago, I'd say its long gone from here.

Had some Schlenkerla fastenbier last night. Love smokebeer so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Had some Schlenkerla fastenbier last night. Love smokebeer so much.
    Love the Schlenkerla beer too, but have never tried the fastenbier. Where/how did you get it?

Love the Schlenkerla beer too, but have never tried the fastenbier. Where/how did you get it?
    on their website schlenkerla.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Hacker Pschorr Animator, one hell of a big Doppelbock & at 8.1%, definately a sipper.

iphone-20130128210100-0.jpg?fileId=21770065&__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1359407387462

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I like the look of that. Where'd you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

An File wrote: »
    I like the look of that. Where'd you get it?
    http://web-bier.de/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Found it horrible, 90% of the bottle went down the sink.

Their Gold Pale Ale and IPA were OK at best too.

Not usual that I'd pour anything down the sink, but fully agreed with this re the Farmageddon Amarillo. Tasted like bad homebrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Tried Eight Degrees Polar Vortex last night, a bit too sweet for my tastes, decent enough beer but not as nice as some of their other brews like Ella or Double Irish though.

revz wrote: »
    Not usual that I'd pour anything down the sink, but fully agreed with this re the Farmageddon Amarillo. Tasted like bad homebrew.

This was obviously a bad batch, loads of fusels in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Heartbeatballs

Anybody know where I'd get an Austrian beer called WIESELBURGER.

I'd post a link or a picture of it but cant because its my first ever post!

Was in Salzburg and its an amazing beer. Its got that 'Grolsch' type of bottle top.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anybody know where I'd get an Austrian beer called WIESELBURGER.

I'd post a link or a picture of it but cant because its my first ever post!

Was in Salzburg and its an amazing beer. Its got that 'Grolsch' type of bottle top.

Never seen it here myself.

wieselburgerbeer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Hey Lads quick question, Is the Galway Bay 200 fathoms only released once a year?

Any chance they might have some at the Irish craft and whiskey fest this weekend?

Hey Lads quick question, Is the Galway Bay 200 fathoms only released once a year?

Any chance they might have some at the Irish craft and whiskey fest this weekend?

They arent at the festival this weekend so no. If its anything like last year there will be plenty of 200 Fathoms, they just release it in drips and drabs to drum up a bit of a frenzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Rascals ginger porter in ATG. I like it although it's advertised here as 5%.Assumed it was stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I see the Porterhouse have released some of their beers in 500ml bottles.

The Red is on the Drinkstore website for €3.40. However, the same beer in 330ml bottles is available for €1.99, and afaik it was always around that price. So that means that you are paying an extra 0.38c for the bigger bottle.

The same for Hophead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So that means that you are paying an extra 0.38c for the bigger bottle.

Being able to work these things out is a terrible curse. If only bigger could just mean better value. But such is the world we live in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement