Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Coisbo Astoria Black
    Brooklyn Blast!
    Delirium Tremens

Has anyone tried any of the above beers ?. As O briens have 6 for the price of 5 on each and was thinking of ordering 2 of each but won't to see has anyone drank any of these ?.

Delerium Tremens is lovely. I have a bottle of Coisbo in the cupboard but haven't got around to trying it yet. No idea about that Brooklyn one, but they're a reliable brewery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

An File wrote: »
    Delerium Tremens is lovely. I have a bottle of Coisbo in the cupboard but haven't got around to trying it yet. No idea about that Brooklyn one, but they're a reliable brewery.

I have drank quite a few bottles of brooklyn black chocolate stout witch is something else when its nice and cold so i think the Blast might be ok as it also has very good reviews online so hard to know what to order :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Growler of O Brother The Chancer, brilliant American Pale Ale - nice gentle bitter grapefruit and tropical fruits going on.

So quaffable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had an 8 Degrees Polar Vortex earlier today - amazing beer.
    Followed that up with a Sierra Nevada wet hop IPA - enjoyable.

Now tucking into another 8 Degrees beer - Gasman.
    Wow! Superb beer. Right up there with Of Foam and Fury in a bottle but a more bitter aftertaste

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Having a Black Bucket at the moment. My favourite of the Kinnegar offerings I think. Have a Sheep Stealer ready to go but not too sure how the two styles will mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Coisbo Astoria Black
    Brooklyn Blast!
    Delirium Tremens

Has anyone tried any of the above beers ?. As O briens have 6 for the price of 5 on each and was thinking of ordering 2 of each but won't to see has anyone drank any of these ?.

Delirium Tremens is probably my favourite beer. I love it. Is it 330ml or 500ml bottles? That's a brilliant price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Delirium Tremens is probably my favourite beer. I love it. Is it 330ml or 500ml bottles? That's a brilliant price.

330ml bottles 20 euros for 6 bottles witch is not to bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Having a Black Bucket at the moment. My favourite of the Kinnegar offerings I think. Have a Sheep Stealer ready to go but not too sure how the two styles will mix.

Two superb beers for me.

Had a Carrig Black IPA tonight, very nice, not as good as Blacks but still nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Just finished two Trouble Brewing Sabotage IPA. Wasn't expecting much after the Golden Ale disappointment but I was pleasantly surprised. Not the best IPA I have ever had but it had a good taste. Really working on developing my vocabulary for describing beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Someone mentioned to me at the RDS last night that trouble won't be bottling beer anymore as the company who do it for them are going out of business, any truth to this?

• Advertisement

Other bottling companies are available.

Sounds like chinese whispers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What's the verdict on Trouble Brewing's Beoir #2? Worth filling my growler with?

That just... never sounds ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Grayditch wrote: »
    What's the verdict on Trouble Brewing's Beoir #2? Worth filling my growler with?

I liked it, fill away :-)

I have to say I loved the porterhouse chocolate stout and the white hag coffee rocket last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I liked it, fill away :-)

I have to say I loved the porterhouse chocolate stout and the white hag coffee rocket last night

Agree on this. One of the nicest chocolate stouts I have tried. So so smooth.. the coffee rocket stout was great too.. if they could do the same to the imperial oatmeal stout one could technically have breakfast covered !

Sneaky Owl from Mountain Man was a lovely drink. A great dark ale.
    The pilot summer session beer from Black Donkey was really enjoyable. Very drinkable at 3.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Loved it. A monster hopped Red!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Was very happy to try Beavertown's Blood Orange IPA and Eight Degrees' Polar Vortex over the weekend. Absolutely brilliant. Particularly enjoyed the former and will definitely be buying more of it.

Eight Degrees continue to operate on another level to all Irish brewers. They've been knocking it out of the park with virtually every beer they've produced outside of their boring core range. Fantastic.

Blood Orange IPA sounds like heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Had a growler of this last night. Was wishing the growler was a 2ltr!!!

Hoping to get back up to the offi before they change it for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A couple of bottles of odells IPA. I ignored it for long enough. Highly enjoyable, would love to have it fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Having a Black Bucket at the moment.

Did they brew another batch of this lately? I keep seeing people talk about it and I'm not seeing it anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Having a 200 fathoms right now, and sweet baby jesus, there's a dance off on my tongue between the flavours of caramel, chocolate and orange. It's a sipper. Don't be discouraged by the price (€8.49). It's going to take me a good hour before I'm finished it

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Tried my first of Paper Bag Project's offerings, their Big Red, decent beer, nice raisin-berry flavour but with a kick, quite easy drinking considering the 8% ABV. Looking forward to trying each and everyone of these guys beers +1 Gypsy brewers!

Tried my first of Paper Bag Project's offerings, their Big Red, decent beer, nice raisin-berry flavour but with a kick, quite easy drinking considering the 8% ABV. Looking forward to trying each and everyone of these guys beers +1 Gypsy brewers!

they are hosting a Food & Beer matching night this evening in LMG - 5 courses matched to 5 of their beers.

I was at a similar 7 course Brew Dog event a while ago which was quite enjoyable, hoping for the same from this.

LMG does pretty good food anyway, in my opinion, and to pair it with BPB Beers should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Had a Two Hundred Fathoms last night. Absolutely delicious but at 10.50 a bottle I probably won't buy it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Had a Two Hundred Fathoms last night. Absolutely delicious but at 10.50 a bottle I probably won't buy it again

Who the hell is charging that?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

A pub in Dundalk, The Bartender got their hands on a few bottles

That's not that bad for a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭FaulknersFav

Had two Mountain Man Hairy Goats last night. Delicious.

Really want to try the Crazy Horse but can't find it in Cork these days

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Polar Vortex is typical world class brewing by 8 Degrees. Love it.

Galway Hooker's new IPA is about the 97th Irish brewed IPA that's not actually an IPA. Not a bad beer by any means though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Really want to try the Crazy Horse but can't find it in Cork these days
    It was a limited run. I'd say it's all gone at this stage, unless they're doing another batch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement