Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BeerNut wrote: »
    It was a limited run. I'd say it's all gone at this stage, unless they're doing another batch.

H said he'd do a batch of something similar, not quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Went for Black's High Vis instead of the Trouble Brewing Red in the growler. It's a nice DIPA. Missing something small to make it truly great, but I'm pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Had a Black Bucket in the Magpie in Dalkey. Great stuff, loads of flavour and nice smooth finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

It was a limited run. I'd say it's all gone at this stage, unless they're doing another batch.

I know a place that has a few left, but I say it's lost all it's hoppy freshness by now!

My Galway Hooker IPA seems to be a larger/pale ale infusion that was topped off with a wheat beer.

I'm just not in the zone for that after High Vis and Polar Vortex which was great.

As someone has pointed out here already... Not an IPA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Just had a Reel Deel Jack The Lad.

Another phantom IPA. Maker that 98...

Again, nice beer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Beoir #2 imperial red ale

leogif-1426523291.gif

jsa112 wrote: »
    Beoir #2 imperial red ale

Deffo getting a litre tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Galway Bay - 200 Fathoms. What can I say, it's just world class. There's a real elegance to this year's offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Polar Vortex is typical world class brewing by 8 Degrees. Love it.

Galway Hooker's new IPA is about the 97th Irish brewed IPA that's not actually an IPA. Not a bad beer by any means though.

Ya had it a couple of weeks ago, perfectly nice, refreshing, decent flavour but not an IPA or just a very weak one.
    Had a CloughMore Dark Water Stout last night, pretty good, nice bit of smokiness after it had sat out for around 30 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had an awful fright this evening. Didn't have time to hit the offie on the way home and was resigned to having no beers tonight, despite the day off tomorrow.

Got home, opened the fridge and found a bottle of 8 Degrees Double Irish in it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxjdU-gsCAM7h1hKGdIb1JRDTtFsJIx2c-8wEZmyCnobT72-Pn

The thing I noticed about fathoms is that the whiskey isn't mostly in the aftertaste for me like on other whiskey cask stouts, but in the main flavour. It's all just so well balanced. And smooth. And lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Right so, looks like I'm gonna be on my own on this one: I think last years 200 fathoms was a better offering (basing this on the 2 glasses I had on launch night; I'll try to get more to make sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Saw about 5 bottles on Saturday in Conways Rathoath. There was 6 but I bought 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I thought my 200 Fathoms was grrrrand. Looks like I'm in the minority though. Wouldn't be in my list of top stouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah the 200 fathoms is over rated. Also I'm I the only one who got a strong bourbon taste from it?

Just finished my 200 Fathoms. The taste changed so much over the hour it took me to drink it. Fabulous Stout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

it's charging by the hour? no wonder it's so expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Having some Founder All Day. Picked up a few cans of it and Centennial in Blackrock Cellar earlier. Got a bottle of Polar Vortex too which will be consumed later.

They have a few bottles of 200 Fathoms left as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Tonight trying a Naparbier - Aker. Not a bad IPA at all, quite piney with tastes of mango and orange. Will have again and interested in trying there other beers now.

Finishing with a To Øl -Final Frontier DIPA. Never had one of these either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Had few Guinness earlier. Havin bru rua now. Nice smells lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Red Wolf wrote: »
    Tonight trying a Naparbier - Aker. Not a bad IPA at all, quite piney with tastes of mango and orange. Will have again and interested in trying there other beers now.

Finishing with a To Øl -Final Frontier DIPA. Never had one of these either.

Final frontier is mega when its fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Oskar Blues - Ten Fidy Imperial Stout. Not sure why this scores so high on all the rating sites. It's a nice enough beer but nothing spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Having some Founder All Day. Picked up a few cans of it and Centennial in Blackrock Cellar earlier. Got a bottle of Polar Vortex too which will be consumed later.

They have a few bottles of 200 Fathoms left as well.

How many ? Might take a cycle out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Had a big bottle of Coopers Ex Stout,nice enough for my peasant tastes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Joekers wrote: »
    How many ? Might take a cycle out tomorrow

I counted 7

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

8° Enigma.
    It really is ridiculous the amount of cracking IPAs that these guys continually produce.

I'd love to line up hurricane, full Irish, polar vortex, Enigma, cyclone, amber ella, gas man, simcoe rye and taste them together.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It really is ridiculous the amount of cracking IPAs that these guys continually produce.
    Past tense now: the pace of specials will slow right down for the next few months as they put the new brewery together while trying to keep up production of the regular beers.

• Advertisement

Haha it's worth it's price tag!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement