Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You changed your post, rendering my hilarious joke useless, it just looks like a non-sequitur now.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Polar Vortex is simply divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Polar Vortex is simply divine.

Anybody know if this is available in any Meath off-licenses?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Wine House in Trim is probably a good bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

BeerNut wrote: »
    The Wine House in Trim is probably a good bet.

None there till next week, i'll just have to wait i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Had a Two Hundred Fathoms last night. Absolutely delicious but at 10.50 a bottle I probably won't buy it again

well that train of thought lasted a whole 2 days. i picked up another bottle last night

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't want to drink mine until I've picked up a second bottle. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

O'Haras Saison. Ok but I prefer the Galway Bay equivalent. Not enough peppery, sourness.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Id love to be drinking O'Sheas pale ale again but everytime I go to Aldi(2 of them) all they have is stacks of stout and red ale. They wont restock until they get of the stuff no one really wants. Bit of a joke really, they would obviously sell stacks of the pale ale if they relaxed on the stout and increased stocks of the pale ale. Anyone else with this problem, and any Aldis in Dublin stocking it?

sully2010 wrote: »
    Id love to be drinking O'Sheas pale ale again but everytime I go to Aldi(2 of them) all they have is stacks of stout and red ale. They wont restock until they get of the stuff no one really wants. Bit of a joke really, they would obviously sell stacks of the pale ale if they relaxed on the stout and increased stocks of the pale ale. Anyone else with this problem, and any Aldis in Dublin stocking it?

Aldi in Ballyfermot had it when I was there a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WallsToTheBall

Had my first of Siren's beer at lunch, tried Soundwave, very nice, great rounded citrusy, caramel, piney flavour, going to try the rest of their beers for sure.

Enjoying a nice bittery, subtley-hopped Vlad The Baker from Brown Paper Bag Project now,liking the way these guys brew, going great with pan-seared duck and oriental veg!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Keeping the food and beer thing going, I'm having BPBP's Doxie saison to wash down a plate of spicy chicken wings with blue cheese sauce.

A mixed bag today on a rare day off. Rebel Red, Wicklow Wolf IPA, OBrother "the chancer" few pints of hop head and an O'Haras Stout.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus. First weizenbock I've tried as I'm generally not a fan of wheat beers (with the notable exception of Erdinger Dunkel. I love that stuff), but this is something a bit special. Fruity and sweet, but not a cloying sweetness, with just a nice touch of bitterness at the end. And it smells as good as it tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Im drinking grolsch tonight,8 cans for a tenner in the local offo,a bargain imo

A mixed bag today on a rare day off. Rebel Red, Wicklow Wolf IPA, OBrother "the chancer" few pints of hop head and an O'Haras Stout.

The Chancer from a growler?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

They still have it in baggot street BC

The Chancer from a growler?

Got it on tap in Porterhouse Bray

Got it on tap in Porterhouse Bray

They must be sending a regular supply in there.

Great beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

A few new one (to me) over the last week or so.

from USA
    Anchor - Liberty Ale, very nice will be having again
    Anchor - Steam, ok, nothing special but would buy if on special offer
    Anchor - Big Leaf Maple ..same comment as Steam

and from Oz.
    Coopers - Pale Ale. it was ok, no great taste off it, but €2 for 330ml it would go down well on a summer day as thirst quencher
    Cooper - Sparkling Ale...this was the worst beer I've tasted in years. Poured half the bottle down the sink and don't think I've ever done that before

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

you know you live in ireland when a thread about drink gets 5,000 posts and then some people call give out when other countries say ireland is full of alcoholics they are not far wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

jsa112 wrote: »
    Growlers are really excellent, if anybody is on the fence about them, they shouldn't be. Although, cost wise, it doesn't seem to be worth using them in pubs.

The problem is you start to neglect the bottled selection. What I've done is started to go to the offie without my growlers once a week or so in order to get a selection of bottles for a bit of variety as ever since they got the growler station in as I was just getting growlers.
    jsa112 wrote: »
    My understanding is that if the pegasus system is used that it will stay fresh for quite a while as long as you don't open it. Once you open it, you want to drink it that night, it's just going to go flat and the seal wont be as strong(oxidation occurs). That's why I only got a 1litre.

I've found that with some beers you'll get a bit longer than a day before they completely die. I usually drink mine over 2 and never had issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

audi12 wrote: »
    you know you live in ireland when a thread about drink gets 5,000 posts and then some people call give out when other countries say ireland is full of alcoholics they are not far wrong

Maybe I've just annoyed that you put this after a post by me...
    I had about 8 bottles of beer over the last 10 days and I've become a fairly frequently poster on this forum of late.
    If that makes me an alcoholic.....

I think a post about enjoying good quality beer is actually a good thing.
    encourages people not just to buy large amount of cheap p*ss

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

audi12 - This is a forum specifically for discussing drink. Please read & understand the forum charter before you post again.

tHB

We're clearly a nation of begrudgers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Let's stay on-topic please.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Celebrating a job offer with some Galway Hooker. Stopped into tescos on the way home and picked up Franciscan Well Red Ale and Revisionist indian pale ale. Its brewed for tescos so not sure what it will be like!

I know I'm way behind the times, and you should all laugh at me, but I finally got around to trying Modus Hoperandi (cans are 3.49 down here, is that considered expensive?)

Anyway, it's a gorgeous beer. I've been missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

An File wrote: »
    I know I'm way behind the times, and you should all laugh at me, but I finally got around to trying Modus Hoperandi (cans are 3.49 down here, is that considered expensive?)

It' not worth a euro a can more than Founders Centennial IPA.

...500 ml Torpedo cans are around the same price.

Both are nicer regardless of price.

And that's just the canned IPAs...

Good beer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Having a Blacks Model T Whiskey edition now in The Salt House, very nice, not getting a huge amount of whiskey flavour but you definitely get an aroma.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement