Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Celebrating a job offer with some Galway Hooker. Stopped into tescos on the way home and picked up Franciscan Well Red Ale and Revisionist indian pale ale. Its brewed for tescos so not sure what it will be like!

Revisionsit IPA is a seriously dark pour. Smells like a really promising IPA but once you take a sip it takes a turn. Tastes smokey/liquorice which is not what I was expecting at all. A bit disappointed but I doubt this is coming from a micro brewery if it is trading to Tescos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I doubt this is coming from a micro brewery if it is trading to Tescos.
    It's from Marston's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Treated myself to a can of Beavertown Blood Orange IPA the other night. Citrus tone, with a strong blood orange after taste. 10/10. Nicest beer I've probably ever tasted.

At nearly €5 a can though, it would be my go to beer if I won the lotto! Nice though for a special occasion or to treat yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

flanzer wrote: »
    Treated myself to a can of Beavertown Blood Orange IPA the other night. Citrus tone, with a strong blood orange after taste. 10/10. Nicest beer I've probably ever tasted.

At nearly €5 a can though, it would be my go to beer if I won the lotto! Nice though for a special occasion or to treat yourself

They had it on tap in the brewdock recently. Beautiful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,163 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got a single 200 Fathoms, shop only had 2 left - from a delivery of 3! Better be worth it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

L1011 wrote: »
    Got a single 200 Fathoms, shop only had 2 left - from a delivery of 3! Better be worth it...

I just went away with 2 from a delivery of 12. Looking forward to cracking one open with some steak tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm just going to savour one tonight relaxing watching some TV after the baby goes to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Having my first ever bottle of little creatures while prepping the dins. Not exactly blowing me away

L1011 wrote: »

I... don't like it very much. Am I going to be kicked out of here in a cloud of dust for saying that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

An File wrote: »
    I just went away with 2 from a delivery of 12. Looking forward to cracking one open with some steak tonight.

Have 12 of them in the other room, although most are for other people. Plan to crack one open later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

matrim wrote: »
    Have 12 of them in the other room, although most are for other people. Plan to crack one open later

It's beginning to sound like we'll all be drinking 200 Fathoms tonight. :) Enjoy, gents. I'm starting the weekend with a bottle of 8 Degrees Gasman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

stuchyg wrote: »
    Having my first ever bottle of little creatures while prepping the dins. Not exactly blowing me away

Me too. I had ordered a bottle of it the last time Drinkstore had it but they didn't have any left. But yeah, I wasn't missing much. It's nice and pleasant but nothing amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Me too. I had ordered a bottle of it the last time Drinkstore had it but they didn't have any left. But yeah, I wasn't missing much. It's nice and pleasant but nothing amazing.

I actually got it in o briens, one bottle just sitting on the shelf. V peppery to me, Saaz or hallertau maybe. Having my first Biab attempt ATM. 6 days in the bottle and coming along nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Only bought it for the bottle but for a tenner you can't go wrong

Beoir #2

I also got one of those tap 6 beers. Think it will be my first Doppelbock

2vmgpSKh.jpg

The wax seals on the Two Hundred Fathoms look nice but are a pain when trying to open a bottle

The wax seals on the Two Hundred Fathoms look nice but are a pain when trying to open a bottle

I was able to use a very standard bottle opener to pop it. Generic Guineys 2-for-1 euro jobbie (I do actually have that many around the house that 2-for-1 seemed a great deal...)

Cut the rest off to avoid contaminating the glass recycling any further than it already is with all the Corona limes and foil on bottles etc

It's a strange kind of wax, more plastic than waxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Since we're speaking of annoying bottle seals, anybody know an easy way to get the caps off the brewdog abstrakt beers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

It's a strange kind of wax, more plastic than waxy.

I was thinking the same...they used real wax last year, although id say they went through lots of candles:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Siren's maiden 2014 is bloody great

• Advertisement

Not overly impressed with Hop Stoopid. Reminds of some of the BrewDog specials. Overly fruity hops and too sugary for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Not overly impressed with Hop Stoopid. Reminds of some of the BrewDog specials. Overly fruity hops and too sugary for my liking.

It doesn't taste the same as it used to. I'm gutted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Having a bottle of mcivors dry cider in the bridge in Belfast. I can't believe Wetherspoons in dublin is cheaper for a lot of the beers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Found a beaver towns black betty in the press and while drinking it thought the hop profile was a bit weird.
    No surprise, Best before was Jan.
    I only bought it at christmas :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Galway bay 200 fathoms. Very interesting, matured in teeling whiskey barrels, 10% abv

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Porterhouse Celebration Stout. Finding it a bit dry and seems to be very carbonated for a stout. It's not bad, but I've had other stouts and porters that I'd much prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Justice from Kellys Mountain Brew - one of the nicest pale ales I've samples. Currently 4 for €10 in my local Supervalu

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

jsa112 wrote: »
    anybody know an easy way to get the caps off the brewdog abstrakt beers ?
    The corks? Hold tight and twist. They are really annoying though.

BeerNut wrote: »
    The corks? Hold tight and twist. They are really annoying though.

For me the most annoying are the porterhouse ones pull caps. I stopped getting them after the third time I cut myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

For me the most annoying are the porterhouse ones pull caps. I stopped getting them after the third time I cut myself

Cut fingers or Wrasslers....

Wrasslers wins!

Pass the plasters...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement