Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

matrim wrote: »
    For me the most annoying are the porterhouse ones pull caps.

Me too, I reckon great idea but poor implementation!?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,994 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

matrim wrote: »
    For me the most annoying are the porterhouse ones pull caps. I stopped getting them after the third time I cut myself

They are evil little feckers!
    I've never actually cut myself on them but there is serious potential to slice yourself open!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I've never cut myself when opening them but I've cut myself plenty of times while messing with them once open. Bit stupid really. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

Picked up in O'Briens 6 for 5 offer
    Few Belguims
    Westmalle Trippel
    Trappistes Rochefort 8
    Delirium Tremens
    Schneiderweiss tap 7 wanted to try this for a while
    Sirerra Nevada Torpedo Can
    Beaverstown Smog Rocket Can

and a bottle of 200 Fathoms! was sure I wouldn't get a chance to pick up one. They said they had only got 12 bottles in and I think there was 8 left. Kind of sorry now I didn't pick up another bottle or two and some Of Foam and Fury in another 6 for 5.

Didn't get to try any last night as I wasn't home till late to put them in the fridge. Had a bottle of Leann Folain sort of didn't taste quite right bit flat and lacking in flavour usually really like it. Dilemma in what to try tonight do I go staight for the 200 fathoms or save it for an occasion?

Ryath wrote: »
    Dilemma in what to try tonight do I go staight for the 200 fathoms or save it for an occasion?

Just remember, there were people on the Titanic that didn't have dessert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just remember, there were people on the Titanic that didn't have dessert.

That's gotta be one of the best answers I've ever read on boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Ryath wrote: »
    Picked up in O'Briens 6 for 5 offer
    Few Belguims
    Westmalle Trippel
    Trappistes Rochefort 8
    Delirium Tremens
    Schneiderweiss tap 7 wanted to try this for a while
    Sirerra Nevada Torpedo Can
    Beaverstown Smog Rocket Can

and a bottle of 200 Fathoms! was sure I wouldn't get a chance to pick up one. They said they had only got 12 bottles in and I think there was 8 left. Kind of sorry now I didn't pick up another bottle or two and some Of Foam and Fury in another 6 for 5.

Didn't get to try any last night as I wasn't home till late to put them in the fridge. Had a bottle of Leann Folain sort of didn't taste quite right bit flat and lacking in flavour usually really like it. Dilemma in what to try tonight do I go staight for the 200 fathoms or save it for an occasion?

But another one if you like it...that's what I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Sister just gave me a growler of Black's Hi Vis DIPA as a present. I lent her my car after her's was burnt out.

That's this evening sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Tasty cask Lean Follain in the Black Sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Having The Chancer in platform pizza in Bray, lovely beer to wash down spicy chicken wings

• Advertisement

Picked up a bottle of 200 fathoms from Bradleys, galvins on bandon road also have Augustiner. Weekend sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Having The Chancer in platform pizza in Bray, lovely beer to wash down spicy chicken wings
    Lovely beer and even nicer wings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Sister just gave me a growler of Black's Hi Vis DIPA as a present. I lent her my car after her's was burnt out.

That's this evening sorted.

Want me to burn out her next car ? Loads of free growlers !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Supervalu celbridge have porterhouses louder...this used to be one of my favourite Irish beers but its been a while and now reviews don't seem so great. Heading out though so the pull caps and the 11% swung it for me :pac:
    They had black bucket the other day but now it's all gone, knew I should have bought some when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Had a super pint of Mare Incognita. Lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tried Wicklow Wolf's Solar Eclipse Saison to ease the disappointment of not being able the actual bloody eclipse. Sadly the beer was also disappointing, murky brown colour with no head and not much interesting going on in the flavour. I quite like their regular beers (the Amber and Porter) but their limited edition brews have left me cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Nipped in to the Brew Dock for Trouble Brewings new triple IPA, Hop Priority. Defo doesn't taste 11%, dangerous stuff. Tastes a bit like sugar coated hop cones, nice all the same.
    Was half way out the door when I noticed they had Lagunitas Cappuccino stout on draft, back in I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Clever man beer, followed by founders centinal followed by SN torpedo and finished with my first ever taste of 200 fathoms. Its been a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Having a Siren's Bones of a Sailor part III, imperial porter aged in Sherry barrels, with raspberry, cacao and vanilla.
    I like the raspberry, many might not, it is very stong and sour. Strong alcohol taste comes through in the aftertaste, not getting any vanilla or cacao.
    Drinking it at room temp.
    1374218_10152657881922343_827876318038989094_n.jpg?oh=0fcc916e51ebb866a20642af6342f2d4&oe=556FAFA2&__gda__=1437545618_eea945fde37020d491109bc873302b11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Went to Against the Grain this evening for food and beers. Started with an O Brother The Chancer then I had a 7 Seas IPA by Siren. At first I wasn't sure about it but the more I drank the more I warmed up to it.

Met a friend there who presented me with some beers from 21st Amendment Brewery. Currently sipping on a rather delicious Back in Black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Was drinking a Coast Blackbeerd, an imperial stout by a South Carolina brewery I picked up on my road trip recommended to me by local heads. Moved into a new place today so treated myself with the bottle, though I was planning on sitting on it for a while. It was beautiful fresh though, a lot of bitterness and dryness more than full blown creaminess. Kinda like speedway stout without the coffee kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

DarrenG wrote: »
    Went to Against the Grain this evening for food and beers. Started with an O Brother The Chancer then I had a 7 Seas IPA by Siren. At first I wasn't sure about it but the more I drank the more I warmed up to it.

Met a friend there who presented me with some beers from 21st Amendment Brewery. Currently sipping on a rather delicious Back in Black.

That's a nuce one, did you get any Brew Free or Die?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Love platform pizza. Great food and a great beer selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Ipso wrote: »
    That's a nuce one, did you get any Brew Free or Die?

No but I did get a can of Sneak Attack which I plan on opening later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A pint of Full Sail which has increased to 5.50..

Quanitive easing at work I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Another treat to myself of a couple of bottles of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid for the weekend. Pear and Lavender smelling, with a spicy fruit finish. Up there with the best of them. 8% but very easy to drink

Naparbier - Aker IPA. Spanish beer and it's really nice.

Was in ATG last night and had a Liquid Mistress which was beautiful, I'd had it before from a bottle and really liked it but it was just as good, if not better, this time. Also had a pint of The Chancer. Tasted a bit odd at first but then I got used to it and quite enjoyed it.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Naparbier - Aker IPA. Spanish beer and it's really nice.

Currently sipping on their ZZ+ Amber and had their hoppy pils and their pale ale earlier.

Seriously good beers. Cold labels too. Have the aker too but might save it for another night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

flanzer wrote: »
    Another treat to myself of a couple of bottles of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid for the weekend. Pear and Lavender smelling, with a spicy fruit finish. Up there with the best of them. 8% but very easy to drink

Really, I would think it smells more like frapefruit. I find it similar to Hoptimum in that it's a real in your face hop hit but has something to back it up (if you know what I mean). It's also one if the best value beers you can get in California.

• Advertisement

Trouble Brewing Hop Priority triple IPA (11.1%).

Take a bow Trouble, take a bow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement