Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Trouble Brewing Hop Priority triple IPA (11.1%).

Take a bow Trouble, take a bow!

Is this available in bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is this available in bottles?

No idea, I really hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 The Unusual Alpaca

Just had my first bottle of Wicklow Wolf. Got off work, walked past a craft shop of some sorts I'd always wanted to walk in and I did. American Amber....very tasty I must say! It's actually nicer than Franciscan Well's Rebel Red in my opinion. Would (and probably will) drink again and I don't even really care for Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I must try the WW beers again. The ones I've had so far haven't really impressed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Trouble Brewing Hop Priority triple IPA (11.1%).

Take a bow Trouble, take a bow!

And where the hell did you get that?
    Answers, dammit. We demand answers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

It's in the brew dock, only one cask and been there since saturday. It's very good

Just finished the BPBP collaboration with Kompaan, Black Coffee IPA, lovely espresso taste from it, coffee stouts/porters ect are becoming a big favourite of mine

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm a huge fan of Anchor Steam and I also like their Liberty Ale, so I was excited when I came across Anchor Porter for the first time. I'm glad to say that San Francisco's finest once again has not disappointed. Given the choice I'd still prefer Dark Arts Porter, but this isn't too far off that standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Heroditas wrote: »
    And where the hell did you get that?
    Answers, dammit. We demand answers!

sorry it knocked me for 6 so much so I forgot to check the thread for a while.

it is indeed in the brew dock, hope it's still there, they're selling it in schooners so you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

White Hag's Oatmeal Chocolate Stout is absolutely delicious. It really needs to come in bigger bottles or reasonably-priced multi-packs - the 330mls went down way too easily!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finally gave Anchor IPA a go, after avoiding it due to lackluster reviews.

Reviews were about right. I'd prefer some more sweetness.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

I respect Anchor's gangster and all but....

Am I the only one gets that weird aftertaste in almost all of Anchor's beers?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

All ya can do is laugh at this stage...

http://www.mchughs.ie/12-acres-pale-ale-50cl

I think I'm missing the funny part. Is it the price tag..? :o

I've buried away two bottles of 200 Fathoms with three bottles of Westvleteren XII. They won't be touched for a long time.
    For tonight, I think Chimay Red will do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

12 Acres is nice, in fact at a recent beer tasting event it stood out among a lot of more established brewers, like Trouble and Bo Bristle, but it's not a fiver a bottle nice - no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

All ya can do is laugh at this stage...

http://www.mchughs.ie/12-acres-pale-ale-50cl

5 Euro....Christ almighty. Mchughs have a 355 mL bottle of Sierra Nevada for sale for €2.65. That's 3.79 for 500 mL.....can't see too many pale ales brewed by an Irish company being far nicer than Sierra Nevada's pale ale to justify the extra 1.20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

12 acres costs 3 for €10 in Egans of Portlaoise . I think Mc hughs price is way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Only €3.99 in that link.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Only €3.99 in that link.

It was definitely €4.99 a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

I've seen them for 5 euros in other craft offlicenses. Was really tempted :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Yep. I concur with An File.

I'm getting really fond of Black Bucket lately. It's 50/50 now as to whether this or Kinsale Black IPA is my favourite generally available beer.

I went with a bottle of Treaty City Brewing Co's Harris Pale Ale tonight. I've had it on draught before and enjoyed it. Very pleasant stuff. Nice to have a Limerick beer in the shops at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Had amazing pinapple apa from swedish brewski in L.Mullingar in stonerbatter, it is gone now as they only had 3 kegs god know from where. Best beer i had this month better then beavertown bloody orange little creatures or RIS from brewdog

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Rumun wrote: »
    god know from where.
    Leftover from the Alltech festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

BeerNut wrote: »
    Leftover from the Alltech festival.

I was thinking the same thing.brewski posted couple photos from dublin on instagram shortly after.

Having a Daleside New Dawn in the TTT, disappointed there's no tasting trays like last time they had the ale festival

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There was when I was there at the start of the festival: three thirds for the price of a pint.

BeerNut wrote: »
    There was when I was there at the start of the festival: three thirds for the price of a pint.

Pretty sure the young lad was just clueless, having 4 pints instead, really like the shipwreck ipa

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kelly's Mountain Brewing - Revenge Ruby Porter. I'm actually really enjoying this one. It's nothing spectacular but it's a pretty solid sessionable beer.

Their range is on a 4 for €10 special in SuperValu at the moment. I got a couple of Pale Ales and a Red Ale too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

^
    Yep. I concur with An File.

I'm getting really fond of Black Bucket lately. It's 50/50 now as to whether this or Kinsale Black IPA is my favourite generally available beer.

Whereabouts if you don't mind me asking? Dying to try on draught or bottle for weeks now but haven't seen it anywhere I have frequented lately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement