Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

stuchyg wrote: »
    Depends where you go i suppose. That's prob Dublin prices. Rust bucket is 5.95 in the johnstown

That's from their website http://johnstowninn.ie/craft-beer-at-the-johnstown-inn/craft-beer-menu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Probably bottles, always a crazy mark up on those.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Successfully sourced Farmageddon S.M.A.S.H. and Porter in Molloys. Had the S.M.A.S.H. and confirm that it is an absolute belter! They'd sold out of the Gold Pale Ale. Apparently the Farmageddon stuff is selling like hot cakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Beavertown sour cherry and sea salt imperial stout, after drink it there is no way I could go back and drink Guinness again. My life has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Rumun wrote: »
    Beavertown sour cherry and sea salt imperial stout,

How much did you pay for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Anyone know of an app similar to untapped for wine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

uncorkd

• Registered Users Posts: 16,989 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

irish_goat wrote: »
    Having a Rising Sons Rye IPA in the brewpub here. Not sure if someone else mentioned that Heineken own the place but it sure looks like it. Biggest range of Heineken brand taps I've ever seen in a pub.

I believe Heineken invested heavily in the brew bar.

There was also a deal done with Heineken regarding taps in all the bars. I think Guinness is the only non Heineken or Rising Sons tap in any of the bars.

n97 mini wrote: »
    How much did you pay for it?

Funny thing actually in the pub 6.90€ 300ml glass in my local off licence 11,99€ for 355 ml bottle but the most expensive bottle has to be martins off licence in fairview shocking 16.99€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rumun wrote: »
    Funny thing actually in the pub 6.90€ 300ml glass in my local off licence 11,99€ for 355 ml bottle but the most expensive bottle has to be martins off licence in fairview shocking 16.99€

Which pub was this?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Which pub was this?

It is my little secret LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

It is my little secret LOL

Welcome to our community....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

laros wrote: »
    Welcome to our community....:rolleyes:

Bearvertown's Heavy Water is in L Mulligans @ 6-something (cant remember) for 355ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Founders all day ipa was a big hit for me today.

It's amazing how hoppy they made this stuff.

Sunny days in Ireland just got interesting.

Ps.. Particularly impressive considering I mostly drink double ipa's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Anyone been to the Mikkeller pubs in Copenhagen? What sort of prices should I expect? I know it won't be cheap, but anyone have figures for me?:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anyone been to the Mikkeller pubs in Copenhagen? What sort of prices should I expect? I know it won't be cheap, but anyone have figures for me?:D
    There are pictures of the blackboard, with prices, on their Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Founders all day ipa was a big hit for me today.

It's amazing how hoppy they made this stuff.

Sunny days in Ireland just got interesting.

Ps.. Particularly impressive considering I mostly drink double ipa's.

I had Firesstone Walker's Session IPA, Easy Jack. Like others I had, I Found it a bit thin. Still a nice drink.

I also had Ballast Point's Black Marlin Porter, which was very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Galway Bay's Desperate Mile. I always lick the drip off the bottle after pouring, so I was put wide to just down this one was gonna go. And I like it.

:) Best fiancee ever

pliny.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

From memory a couple of years back they tap beers were 4 or 5 euro per small glass, maybe 300ml??? Not really sure about that though...

The bottles range varied a lot but I think we paid near 20 euro for a bottle of Beer Geek Brunch Weasel (Highland Edition)!

Feeding yourself is expensive. We ate in very affordable sandwich shops after the first day.

Great city though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

matrim wrote: »
    :) Best fiancee ever

pliny.jpg

Where did she get it, and does it live up to expectations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Its that good he needs some Kleenex for afterwards.

Ipso wrote: »
    Where did she get it, and does it live up to expectations?

She was in San Fran and brought a couple of bottles back. I wasn't sure what to expect, I was half thinking it was going to be a hop bomb but it really isn't. I was surprised that were wasn't a huge hoppy smell but when you taste, there are plenty of hops with citrus, pine, grass, grapefruit and a bit of spice at the end but they are really finely balanced with the malt and it's just really smooth.

Ipso wrote: »
    I had Firesstone Walker's Session IPA, Easy Jack. Like others I had, I Found it a bit thin. Still a nice drink.

I also had Ballast Point's Black Marlin Porter, which was very nice.

Personally I didn't think it was that thin.

I suppose I was really comparing it to having a bottle of larger which would be my normal hot day drink with the bbq.

Will try that one you mentioned.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Heading to London with the missus for the weekend. Any decent bars I should check out. I'll most definitely hit the Brewdog Camden while there. Any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Heading to London with the missus for the weekend. Any decent bars I should check out. I'll most definitely hit the Brewdog Camden while there. Any others?

Fourpure were on a Brewing Network podcast and they mentioned that the area that they are in has four other breweries including The Kernel, and you can do a walking tour of all five! Not sure where they are and if all have tap rooms but might be worth an investigation.

You might be pushing your luck though...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Can I ask without seeming like an utter idiot, what exactly is IPA? I see it around all over and I'm always afraid to commit to it because I never know what the hell it is :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

lk67 wrote: »
    Fourpure were on a Brewing Network podcast and they mentioned that the area that they are in has four other breweries including The Kernel, and you can do a walking tour of all five! Not sure where they are and if all have tap rooms but might be worth an investigation.
    That's the Bermondsey Beer Mile, in the south-eastern end of London.
    If you're going to be in the northern end of things generally, try also The Queen's Head at King's Cross, the Euston Tap, Camden Town brewery and The Craft Beer Co. Islington.
    Can I ask without seeming like an utter idiot, what exactly is IPA?
    India Pale Ale. Broadly speaking, a hop-forward ale. But IPAs vary hugely in strength and flavour. It's almost a meaningless term at this stage.
    I'm always afraid to commit to it because I never know what the hell it is :/
    If it's on draught, ask for a taster and you can decide for yourself if you like it or not.

Can I ask without seeming like an utter idiot, what exactly is IPA? I see it around all over and I'm always afraid to commit to it because I never know what the hell it is :/

Yeah as mention theres an incredibly large variety of ipa's.

To give you a suggestion after enjoying it myself recently for a new to the genre person id give founders all day ipa as it has a good hop forward taste full of proper ipa flavour but not as strong as a lot of ipa's.

If you're used to say larger it'd be a pretty good starting point imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Just picked up Amarillo S.M.A.S.H. on the walk home, hope it's nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement